Reg Park

was attacked by AKM

despite being shot at first, at about 10m away - he never actually hit me (at least no sign of it) and he had the scope on, i was able to put him down with the sks. i did end up taking his akm but I'm wondering about accuracy or he was just zoomed in and kept missing -not sure, but i took the scope off and just using iron sights for now. anyone noticed accuracy issues on the akm with the scope or just in general? it should be about the same as the sks id think, just more ammo.

AKM aimed accuracy is very accurate.  He may have tried to hip shoot you? Or he was ADS without holding his breath and this caused extreme weapon sway as introduced in the last patch.

Edited by 5p4rtan
  • Like 2

the akm has no spread, so he was probably zoomed in (bad idea at a distance of 10m with a scope designed up to 100m)

so right now this is the most accurate gun in game (hopefully this gets changed soon though)

damage is the same as sks, but akm is full auto and can have 75rd drum mag, oh and rail handguard, weapon flashlight and bipod (worthless due to no spread but looks cool)

• Like 2

Or he was ADS without holding his breath and this caused extreme weapon sway as introduced in the last patch.

i dont think this was the case, because from a distance of 10 metres the sway must have been HUGE in order to not hit him with any bullet

This happens, I was shooting from AKM at a guy from like 2 meters when we bumped on each other in military building.

20 bullets and he just started bleed and ran away behind the corner.

Luckly AKM mag has 30 bullets so I had 10 left to sprint after him and finish him of.

Note that it has no dispersion, but terrible recoil, so if he gone full auto on you he could have easily missed all when zoomed in at 10m

Note that it has no dispersion, but terrible recoil, so if he gone full auto on you he could have easily missed all when zoomed in at 10m

That sounds cool! Huge recoil is to be expected when somebody goes full auto with AKM.

Anyone who has fired an AK in real life knows if you want to hit your target, burst fire. At 10 meters that recoil dispersion on full auto can be huge. I've experienced 2-3 meter dispersion at 10 meters.

• Like 1

i haven't tested this yet but can we switch to semi auto on the akm like we can on the m4? id think being fairly close (within 30-50m at the most) just tapping the fire button using hip fire/dot would be sufficient enough? no need to ADS that close i would think...... especially if you're stationary and holding down the right mouse button for stability.

without holding his breath and this caused extreme weapon sway

indeed.  after a long run i d rather take my 1911...

Edited by brumey

Most accurate gun in the game?! the sway when trying to aim, even when prone and rested, makes its power useless. Add the PSO and the thing is a hunk a shit that you'd better off throwing it at a target than shooting it.

AKM is simply a shit weapon. Especially with a scope. m4 with scope is 10 times more accurate than AKM. However AKM with no scope is pretty good compared to stock m4.

AKM is simply a shit weapon. Especially with a scope. m4 with scope is 10 times more accurate than AKM. However AKM with no scope is pretty good compared to stock m4.

I'm using this PSO scope more like a binocular then for shooting.

• Like 1

I'm using this PSO scope more like a binocular then for shooting.

Same here until I can get my hands on a SKS......unless they fixed it in this last update

IF he was running, it is almost impossible to hit anything when you bring it up to shoot.  Sway is outrageous! 

Still, he was a crap shot.

Shot two guys that had an AKM, me armed with magnum. Saw their problem after picking up the AKM with the scope - almost impossible to shoot enemies below 50 metres with that vision and zoom, even more if they strafe a little

Edited by MarchmelloMan
  • Like 1

They're just full auto fools. The AKM is definitely a semi-auto weapon with its recoil. I'll laugh even harder when the G3 gets added and people go all full auto with that.