Sign in to follow this  
Jumbaliah

is this game dead already?

I concur with this. Over 500 hours in, and havent touched it in 2 months, having moved on to breaking point mod for now. BP has more weapons, vehicles, better medical, and runs on a much more polished engine. not to say it doesnt have its share of issues, but right now it is more entertaining overall. when more content is added and zombies are fixed, many of us will return to see how it has panned out.

Same here well over 3 months here without playing stand alone.

Things like dispersion, unrealistic properties, glitches and bugs like people inside walls have drove me away.

Have been enjoying tons of isometric games like project zomboid, wasteland 2, xenonauts and divinity original sin.

Will jump back in in a few months so I can give the game a fair chance when its further in development.

Don't listen to fanboys to tell you to go away, it's their new tactic, since they can't use "it's alpha" anymore. You see they have defended this game for so long, and any suggestions by others was attacked and criticised heavily, by both fanboys and forum moderators. It's hard for them to admit they were wrong. New engine was suggested by few of us and was ridiculed, few weeks later new engine was announced, and it's still hard for them to accept this, hence "go away" comments.

No this game isn't dead, it was delayed because the engine, new engine is being written, so hopefully by the end of the year we have a much better alpha. Stay, enjoy and have fun

But we can and still say it's "Alpha" because it is, that fact can't be refuted no matter how hard you try. You also seem to refute that this "New Engine" you supposedly suggested IS the Engine that they've been working on all along. This has been confirmed by the Devs themselves so not sure why you cannot grasp that concept.

If people don't like the state of the game currently, they should put it down and come back at a later time or not. It's that simple.

People who hate the game but continue to post ridiculous rants, conspiracy theories and whatever else they can think of, do need to go away.

I mean really, wtf are you actually contributing to the community by hating on the game and the community itself? Constructive criticism is one thing but honestly most go off on a rant or post disinformation and call it fact, to these people I say... Gtfo and go post on the forums of the game you enjoy and can be more constructive towards.

Edit: disinformation was the word to be used. Pardon my fuck up.

Edited by R.Neville

But we can and still say it's "Alpha" because it is, that fact can't be refuted no matter how hard you try. You also seem to refute that this "New Engine" you supposedly suggested IS the Engine that they've been working on all along. This has been confirmed by the Devs themselves so not sure why you cannot grasp that concept.

If people don't like the state of the game currently, they should put it down and come back at a later time or not. It's that simple.

People who hate the game but continue to post ridiculous rants, conspiracy theories and whatever else they can think of, do need to go away.

I mean really, wtf are you actually contributing to the community by hating on the game and the community itself? Constructive criticism is one thing but honesty most go off on a rant or post misinformation and call it fact, to these people I say... Gtfo and go post on the forums of the game you enjoy and can be more constructive towards.

I mean really, wtf are you actually contributing to the community by hating on the game and the community itself? Constructive criticism is one thing but honesty most go off on a rant or post misinformation and call it fact, to these people I say... Gtfo and go post on the forums of the game you enjoy and can be more constructive towards.

Who is bringing hate? Because I predicted the engine needs to be changed, really? Oh wait your title says it all

Criticism weather constructive or not has a insight on this game because the fannboys get butthurt when any type of criticism and reply gtfo uninstall the game we don't need you is asinine.

You guys really need to accept it. If it misinformation then say it without being a asshat. Y'all don't need to agree but dammm at least offer some decent reply. This game is not dead but in a slowed process while the dev team works on stuff. just have to be patient and see what develops. People will come and go it's like that with everything in development.

• Like 1

I don't think the game is dying, it hasn't even been born yet. 

Many people are waiting for more content to be added, zombies are being worked on as the devblog shows, and the forum has always been a hostile and nonsensical place.

I don't think server pops are low, rather the population has spread itself out more because they're busy hopping for AKs. 

• Like 1

Who is bringing hate? Because I predicted the engine needs to be changed, really? Oh wait your title says it all 

Well done! Nice glazing over of the actual facts and post. Because that's how you roll.

So good you had to quote it twice!

Now on topic...

The game will go into lulls from time to time while new features are being worked on and people get bored of the current build. The game is definitely not dead.

The game will go into lulls from time to time while new features are being worked on and people get bored of the current build. The game is definitely not dead.

Indeed.

There's a lot going on behind the scenes currently and it's a mammoth effort to rewrite most of the engine in place while trying to keep the game in a playable state.

• Like 1

in this game not even the zombies are dead

""Server pops seem low and the community is turning into hostile teenage girls"

if only that were true - a game where you face 2200000 hostile teenage girls ! wow dude

... and the community is turning into hostile teenage girls.

B)

too many people bought this game at first place. Too many people that never played the mod. "Game", you cant call it a game yet because its still half product, will suck for next 6 months at least. 

Go play something else and leave us fanboys alone.