Acher0n

Anyone elses game unplayable since recent update?

Since the recent update, my character seems to get wiped every time i log out. It doesnt matter how, when, where or why I log out, it wipes. I've had it when i've been kicked from a server too, and had reset during a crash.

When i log back in, 75% of the time i spawn with the fractured leg. Obviously because it resets so much, this can be avoided.

Being able to punch and have something in my hands no longer works. Melee no longer works. I've checked the key bindings and they are as normal.

On the plus side, i saw a moose the other day when i was rolling around with my leg fracture.

Anyone else suffering with nonsense like this since the patch?

Nah, hasn't happened to me.  My legs have randomly broken, seemingly under the weight of my own body, but no reset.  A friend on mine in our group has had his stuff wiped, but still in the spot he logged out in.  Only problem I have with the update, other than the leg breaking, is the fact that my game crashes almost every time I change servers.

my character never gets wiped (also it didnt got that much (maybe 1-2 times) from the beginning in decembe last year), but my game crashes sometimes since the newest patch

edit: even seems to run smoother than before 0.45

Edited by rotteck

issues for me since stable update:

crashing to desktop a lot

broken legs and death delayed after climbing ladder

super rubber banding stopping me actually entering berezino and vyshnoye

Crashing to desktop is a big one. The frame rate has massively dropped for me too. The previous stable branch (.44) had pretty decent FPS, well decent for DayZ at least. The .45 branch on the experimental servers had taken a hit but not massively so, however the move of .45 to the stable sees me pushing (at best) 15 FPS in Svetlo. 

It's fine for me, log in, run around, pick useless items up, run around, enjoy 20 fps. humm, now what, nothing left to do. God when will this game even come close to the mod, log out. 

go on forums, humm nothing interesting, loads of pointless chat. go off forums, wait a week, repeat. 

• Like 1

Nope, game is fine.

Nope, definitely not fine. I have been playing since early Jan, and the game had NEVER crashed on me. It now crashes 2-3 times a day. It even crashed on the server list screen today. They really dorked something up, but that is to be expect as WE ARE ALPHA! I would expect a hotfix relatively soon, but soon for BI might be a bit different than my definition of soon. The lag and FPS don't seem much different to me, at least so far. The new town was a huge letdown, and was made worse once I saw they removed the piano houses in Polana. 

I appreciate that they want to make gun spawn points more rare, but what it does is push people even harder to get straight to NEAF or Zino. I would assume this is the start of progressive loots, that require you to advance in stages across the map. Of course, this is pretty horrible since it's still a running simulator. 

off topic here, but i am not playing dayz as a running sim, tactical movement and observation is how to play dayz at its best, even if not playing pvp

Nope, definitely not fine. I have been playing since early Jan, and the game had NEVER crashed on me. It now crashes 2-3 times a day. It even crashed on the server list screen today. They really dorked something up, but that is to be expect as WE ARE ALPHA! I would expect a hotfix relatively soon, but soon for BI might be a bit different than my definition of soon. The lag and FPS don't seem much different to me, at least so far. The new town was a huge letdown, and was made worse once I saw they removed the piano houses in Polana. 

I appreciate that they want to make gun spawn points more rare, but what it does is push people even harder to get straight to NEAF or Zino. I would assume this is the start of progressive loots, that require you to advance in stages across the map. Of course, this is pretty horrible since it's still a running simulator. 

off topic here, but i am not playing dayz as a running sim, tactical movement and observation is how to play dayz at its best, even if not playing pvp

Ok. You go ahead and tactical move and observe from Zino over to NWAF. When you get there next week, let me know how it was.

Ok. You go ahead and tactical move and observe from Zino over to NWAF. When you get there next week, let me know how it was.

it is how i play all the time. it is also how many other people play, there is not often any reason to run in this game, if you want to survive.

The regular crashes to desktop + character resets have stopped me from playing for now.

After patch, I get "dayz stopped working" when I leave server or try to quit the game.

If I remember, this was happening to me back in a day as well. Rarely the game crashes for me midgame.

• Like 1

Ok, i dont know if this is the case,but i heard that if you log out stright after dieing your next character will not save,so if you die hit respawn and after you have spawned in leave game. Than this character should be fine.

Nope.

I've had nothing but fun.

On the plus side, i saw a moose the other day when i was rolling around with my leg fracture.

Then he adopted you and his pack raised you as one of their own?

I don't know what to say. Have you tried reinstalling the whole game? Also when you quit the game, let steam sync dayz, it shows up in the library.

Hardly unplayable, for me anyway. I've CTD once so far while playing since patch. Yes I rarely will CTD while quitting the game but to me, that's not much of an issue. I know I did have a problem with the responsiveness of the toolbar at first but I think was due to hive issues they were having that day because it's back to normal.. Other than that, no major issues with the patch currently.

I haven't had my character reset at all with this patch.

Edited by R.Neville

I have had my character reset multiple times since the last patch but it seems to be more server issues not connecting to the hive server or something, so it just loads a default new spawn character.  Trouble is it saves over your old character somehow...

I have also had my game freeze repeatedly since the update. 

Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it isn't happening. 

game just stops responding rather than closing down for me since the last patch.

game just stops responding rather than closing down for me since the last patch.

I got it too but I think my PC may be just overheating becouse it's summer.

Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it isn't happening. 

I don't see anyone here saying that certain issues aren't happening. We're giving our personal experiences of the patch in response to the OP's question as far as I can tell.

I got it too but I think my PC may be just overheating becouse it's summer.

My PC is water cooled, defo not because of overheating.

it is how i play all the time. it is also how many other people play, there is not often any reason to run in this game, if you want to survive.

I haven't heard of anyone doing tactical moving across the map. I've made that run to NWAF probably 50 or so times, plus the return trip, and I never move tactically. Haven't you seen all the threads about how to lock the W key with a paperclip or stack of coins? You typically don't get shot when you are making that run, as snipers don't sit in the middle of the wilderness, unless it's near a high pop area. I will slow down and move tactically once I get close to NWAF, but for 98% of the run, it's full speed ahead.

• Like 2