SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.46 Discussion

Was just wondering what the deal was as it seems not to of come about today. stable is also crashing out a lot for people since the exp pushed over to it.

just curious anyway as hicks twitter went quiet for the day

I hope the anticheat hotfix is for that inventory stealing shit.

That's the first thing I thought of, considering it's such a beefy hack something needs to be done fairly quickly.

I'd like an experimental build up soon though as the current stable build seems unplayable. Fine when on the experimental servers, but for some reason pushing .45 to the normal people has broken it.

Its happening. 630 Mb

I'm guessing they had quite a bit lined up that was stopped by the rubber banding issue.

Dont see any exp servers at the moment

Same here, hope they will be online soon.

Also, will be there any changelogs, so we can see whats is new in exp update, Hicks twittet it will be BOOM.

The biggest thing it seems is the fix for that remote inventory hack, where hackers could access your inventory. The wording of his comment on it is very strange though. He says "it's the same content, but versioned 0.45" which I'm going to assume its everything that would have been included in 0.46, just called 0.45. Some people seem to speculate it means there is no new content, but a 600+MB update for some antihack doesn't really add up. Ah well, guess we'll see when the servers come back up! :D

Well I'm not sure what I expected but the version number is a bit odd so perhaps the large update is more to the geography rather than in game play.

New patch version number: 0.45.124459, so er... unless my maths is fucked, that's actually a downstep!

Some people seem to speculate it means there is no new content, but a 600+MB update for some antihack doesn't really add up.

If there is no content could the file size be down to the rendering engine and a possible change to Dx10/11. Complete guesswork of course.

Edited by ricp

New patch version number: 0.45.124459, so er... unless my maths is fucked, that's actually a downstep!

:-) Count again

:-) Count again

I am going by the thread title for the last patch which was 0.45.2499 which is definitely higher than 0.45.24459.

Oh i see i just compared it to stable version in game.

Not that it matters.. ;) ..630Mb+ of data has been amended. Be interesting to see just what that is.

Hicks just tweeted this..

Today's experimental update will be version #'d 0.45, to ensure we can deploy the anticheat hotfix to stable if testing is clears.

Maybe the 630Mb update was all to do with the anticheat.

or muzzle flashes 

IDK If I'm stupid or is that a new gun I spot? Never seen that one before. :o

IDK If I'm stupid or is that a new gun I spot? Never seen that one before. :o

It seem a Kar98

marushin_kar98k_airsoftgasrifle2_tch_061