SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.46 Discussion

I can confirm they fixed it so that you can't stack yellow protector cases inside each (but you can go one level extra by putting 300 round box / med kit inside one making it a max of 2 layers) This is excluding clothes inventory which i will be testing next.

Someone tested if putting damaged bullets in a gun still fix them?

Is eating and drinking while prone new? I was sure you moved to crouching or standing if you attempted to eat on the ground.

You have the right, but if you want to redirect players to another direction that was enough to change the respawns. And they smashed cool airport...

I think it'll be cooler to have an airfield with unique civilian buildings now rather than a 3rd military one. Once the makeover is complete, it'll be great. though already looks great, especially with the little pond. Seems pretty fair to have people spawn on the east and have pretty much all of the most powerful things to the west, encourages travel or making sure you work even harder with what you get from the eastern side.

I think it'll be cooler to have an airfield with unique civilian buildings now rather than a 3rd military one.

I don't like it becouse it mess with history and story that I know from Arma 2 about this specific Chernorus map.

the question is - what will happen to the tents, if the owner dies? They disappear after server restart? Or maybe they should just last as long as the body of the owner... or perhaps they should disappear after a certain amount of time if they are not disassembled or visited by other players (kinda like being ruined, smashed/weathered down along with all of the contents inside)...

Since tents are persistant objects I would imagine they stay on the server where placed permanently.

Rubberbanding/Input lag was horrificly bad at many points last night. Was playing on LA & FL EXP servers & was getting teleported back a good 100+ft quite often. Seemed to mostly happen when people were trying to join the server, but not always. Also, military tents not spawning loot sucks but it sure makes looting them a lot quicker.

Still haven't found a damn grenade yet!

Merged

Seen this term before, what does it mean?

The crashed pickup trucks are not spawning loot (on stable .45 they usually spawn some canned food/drink, backpack, crossbow etc)

• Like 1

The crashed pickup trucks are not spawning loot (on stable .45 they usually spawn some canned food/drink, backpack, crossbow etc)

Yeah, I noticed that as well.  They use to be a decent spot for getting some starting gear, hopefully this is just a bug.

Seen this term before, what does it mean?

someone started a thread that should have just been a posting on an existing thread and a forum moderator has moved it (merged) to the appropriate thread as a post, the notification of "merged" by one of the moderators is simply a courtesy to the poster that their thread is now a post under a similar titled thread (lots o peeps think their shit gets deleted from the forum when in fact it will have simply been merged). hope that's not too confusing.

I don't know if this was a serverproblem or a still occuring bug in the game:

I was on a experimental server yesterday with the highest fluctuation I ever saw, literally 2-5 guys joining or leaving every 30 seconds or so and the rubberbanding was insane. I read it before but rubberbanding is still happening heavily when people join / leave the game. Maybe change the process and set a general 10-30 s spawntimer to load changes before the actual character joins to avoid this in the future?

I have a feeling that the character loading into the world immediately, before the files are really finished and during the 30 second leave time as well as the joining game time, is causing the rubberbanding issue that happens when players leave/join. They may in fact need to rewrite or rethink the anti-ghosting mechanic.. or perhaps there is just a simple bug in the code that needs fixing. 

On DayZ wiki for tent its wrotten if they are not visited by player 7 daysm they will dissapear(flattened/destroyed).

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Tent

As a frequent contributor and editor of that wiki, I can tell you someone inexperienced just copied and pasted the page from the Mod section. I've updated the page to reflect the fact that no one actually knows about the tents yet.

• Like 2

Undocumented New
  • Action: Sort out fine rounds
  • Buildings: New town hall added
  • Buildings: New military building added
  • Builings: Town Hall in novo is now open
  • Clothing: Gorka jacket added
  • Clothing: Green variation of the police cap added
  • Files: Added data for Flare Guns, Rabbit Snares, and Tents
  • Files: Added data for 2 Grenade Launcher Attachments and 3 SMG's
  • Files: Added data for Smoke Grenades, Improvised Butane/Spray Grenades, and Improvised Timed Butane/Spray Grenades
  • Files: Added data for mackerels
  • Weapons: Grenades added
  • World: Added some new roads
Fixes
  • Gear: Can no longer put protectorcases inside each other.
  • Weapons: 1911 mag flipped back

Updated

• Like 1

• Militarytents with woodfloor not longer spawning loot

Edited by Guest

Has anyone noticed mouse movement speed has been tweaked again? I had to increase the sensitivity slider a little to get it back to where it used to be.

There's what looks to be a scrap yard with a bunch of fuel pumps to the south west of Novo.

I had a lot of rubber banding and lag (doors not opening, inventory unresponsive) last night on the one Aus hardcore exp server. There were never more than 10 people on, so it shouldn't have been under heavy load.

• someone found a AKM these build?

i found a rope in one of this big wodden deerfeeders with the ramp in the middle of nowhere... was there lootspawn before?

• someone found a AKM these build?

confirmed they are spawning

Edited by quantum2k6

i found a rope in one of this big wodden deerfeeders with the ramp in the middle of nowhere... was there lootspawn before?

Yeah, loot spawning in them in 0.45.

Undocumented New

• Action: Sort out fine rounds
  • Buildings: New town hall added
  • Buildings: New military building added
  • Builings: Town Hall in novo is now open
  • Clothing: Gorka jacket added
  • Clothing: Green variation of the police cap added
  • Files: Added data for Flare Guns, Rabbit Snares, and Tents
  • Files: Added data for 2 Grenade Launcher Attachments and 3 SMG's
  • Files: Added data for Smoke Grenades, Improvised Butane/Spray Grenades, and Improvised Timed Butane/Spray Grenades
  • Files: Added data for mackerels
  • Weapons: Grenades added
  • World: Added some new roads
Fixes
  • Gear: Can no longer put protectorcases inside each other.
  • Weapons: 1911 mag flipped back

Updated

On the Yellow Protector cases...can you still put medkits, Ammo boxes and clips in them?

They already said Infusion is the new name of their engine because they have changed it so much they decided to give it its own name 

you are wrong ! the infusion is an other engine - with an other collision other smoke other physics and other light system ( walls block light ;) )   and come step by step !

you are wrong ! the infusion is an other engine - with an other collision other smoke other physics and other light system ( walls block light ;) )   and come step by step !

"When DayZ started - we took the source from the existing RV Engine - Over the last many months, extensive clean up, new functionality, and so forth has been created for that engine - while at the same time, vast amounts of it were removed, or rewritten entirely. The changes Dean spoke of entail major leaps forward in that work, with those changes and the many more that will come through out development - we have begun to approach the point in which DayZ's engine is so no longer recognizable as RV, and because of that - and the massive work to come, it is now known by its own name, Enfusion."

It talks about the "new engine" in the recent news section of Dayz in steam.   So it appears the new engine is a large rewrite and expansion of the existing engine they started with.