Pooter (DayZ)

Dayz on Sale

Wow 15% off , much sale, much savings, much wow

Lol again? XD

It's been on sale before, not by much.

Tell you what though, £3.74 for FarCry3 is a cracking deal. OK, just about everyone has played it, but it's a doozy of a game for that price.

• Like 1

It's been on sale before, not by much.

Tell you what though, £3.74 for FarCry3 is a cracking deal. OK, just about everyone has played it, but it's a doozy of a game for that price.

Haven't played that game yet but I see Dead Rising 3 is on sale right now to. Its an excellent zombie game i RECOMMEND anyone pick it up if they are an overall big zombie fan. It wont disappoint lots of fun and gory moments!

I was waiting for this topic to pop out again.

Not saying I'm uber happy about this, given what they have said about alpha being cheapest, but I can live with it.

I'm glad we got new patch and that another one has made progress, so maybe will be out sooner then the last one.

I was waiting for this topic to pop out again.

Not saying I'm uber happy about this, given what they have said about alpha being cheapest, but I can live with it.

I'm glad we got new patch and that another one has made progress, so maybe will be out sooner then the last one.

Well that and there is some really good steam games on sale already.

I got that last time was due to exceptional circumstances what with it being Bohemia's 15th anniversary... but this seems a bit of a hypocritical move on their part: to say 'only buy this game if you are heavily committed to the development process/ don't buy it now' on the one hand and yet at the same time to put it on sale seem like conflicting messages to me. 

Edited by YorkMorgan
  • Like 7

Chose one of the two:

• have this topic about the sales in general, which will result in it being moved to OffTopic.
  • Or discuss in a nice manner the sale of DayZ

Any / all comments about the money grabbing of the Devs will be removed, as unnecessary. Here's why:

Back in my day people were thankful if there was something on sale and if you say: "but I paid more than this!111" you will definitely have to go back to school and learn about capitalism again.

• Like 3

lol, also me and kichilron is  in pink team, hilarious.

Edited by DMentMan
  • Like 1

Back in my day people were thankful if there was something on sale and if you say: "but I paid more than this!111" you will definitely have to go back to school and learn about capitalism again.

And about Greek god Narcissus ;-)

Chose one of the two:

• have this topic about the sales in general, which will result in it being moved to OffTopic.
  • Or discuss in a nice manner the sale of DayZ

Any / all comments about the money grabbing of the Devs will be removed, as unnecessary. Here's why:

Maybe its not just about the money? Can't really imagine someone getting upset because of a -15% sale.. but I can really understand someone feeling cheated when Rocket has said before that the price would only go up

• Like 1

Rocket has never claimed to be all-knowing nor is he in charge of absolutely everything. God knows if he's even the one that puts DayZ on sale. I highly doubt it.

Either way - 15% down? That really goes to show how this community works and it's more about trolling than actual points. Because noone with a little bit of common sense would argue about a 15% sale.

Don't understand those complaining that DayZ is in the sale. For a start it's only a little discount, and secondly if you paid "full price" for it you've had the fun of playing it since then and not needed to wait 6 months for Steam to knock a couple of quid off.

Plus, if a reduced price convinces more people to take the plunge then all the better as it means more people playing the game.

Yeah, I'm not too happy about the principle of it - I thought I was getting the best price back in February, which is part of the reason why I shelled out for it at the time.

But it doesn't make a great deal of difference to me in practice, and I have enjoyed playing the earlier version. But I don't think they should be putting it in any sales until well after release, really. Maybe we could contact Steam and badger them for a credit note for the difference, based on misleading information, then get Farcry3 for near-enough free!?

Well im just waiting to see what the Thanksgiving & Christmas sales are going to be like now. XD

Yeah, I'm not too happy about the principle of it - I thought I was getting the best price back in February, which is part of the reason why I shelled out for it at the time.

But it doesn't make a great deal of difference to me in practice, and I have enjoyed playing the earlier version. But I don't think they should be putting it in any sales until well after release, really. Maybe we could contact Steam and badger them for a credit note for the difference, based on misleading information, then get Farcry3 for near-enough free!?

Yeah but the thing is they wanna get as much money as they can from it.... I doubt it will stay full price very long once the game releases tbh.

Yeah but the thing is they wanna get as much money as they can from it.... I doubt it will stay full price very long once the game releases tbh.

Well the game has been released thats the thing. Regardless of alpha or not expect some crazy increased discounts my Christmas at the very least or starting next year even without Rockets permission.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2009/02/left-4-dead-sees-3000-jump-in-sales-on-steam/

Old but worth a read ;)

Digital sales generate a metric shitload of revenue, the same article seems to crop up every now and again when 'X' title goes on sale.

I see it as a good thing, more money inbound means more scope for changes in-game and so on, lets face it, we paid to support the development, and now they'll get even more income and hopefully add things that would be prohibitively expensive otherwise :)

And as for the people butthurt over paying full list price, BAAAAaaaaaaawww! You saw the price of entry, made a value based judgement on that and took the ride, if it didn't seem worth the money then you wouldn't have ponied up right?

Now people who looked at the initial entry cost and felt it wasn't worth it may view otherwise and will soon be complaining about KOS and glitched out zombies in no time at all :D

Fresh friendly blood is never a bad thing, especially at this juncture when people seem more concerned with exploring new features and being more social, rather than just spraying ammo all over Berezino at anything that moves.

People may actually have a good start for once!

This may actually be good for the community as a whole.

$0.02 and all...

lol... all true... you miss no point in this statement. I´m so proud about it.

I´m so thankful. :thumbsup: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: omg

Edited by NoCheats
  • Like 1

If this sale is some sort of unexpected surprise for any of you, welcome to pc gaming! Gaben is king, if he says that a game is on sale, then it's on sale. And trying to get a refund for $3 from them, I really hope that's a joke.

In exactly 365 days the 2015 steam summer sale will begin, if you're that cheap then just wait another year.

Could it be that they give certain people a second chance, with a discount?

• Like 1