jamiereid_wow@hotmail.co.uk

Has Anyone Else lost Faith in Dayz?

Dayz is hardly advertised on the marked. If ur refering to interviews where the devs talk about the game, its pretty logical that they call their game a zombie survival game...because thats what they are making. And generally, dont play a victim on gameforums bacuse the advetising of the game didnt live up to ur expectations. It only shows ur lack of experience.

Experience of what?

Life and the whole rest of "what is really important in life"

Well seeing as what's important in life is different for everyone that's kinda irrelevant

Lost faith!

I have followed these forums for a long time now and see this sort of post, or similar every now and then.

It amazes me in all honestly - it seems some people are just never satisfied, or have just been too spoilt in life or something... or indeed its the wrong game for them and need to move on.

Sheesh I've done about 400 hours, and when I work that out for cost versus playtime, its AMAZING value... fgs I smoked the sub in 2 days!!!! (not good I know :( )

This game is amazing, and its definitely getting better constantly - it has enormous potential, and it's still Alpha!!!!

I've met fantastic people, I've met Tw$t5 who shot me in head and called me names... boo hoo :P I've lone wolfed, I've played as a squaddie, I've squatted and I've shit my pants sooooo many times like I have not experienced in other games

in my mid 40's, grown up loving gaming and pld ALOT over the years, WOW, TFC mainly - this game for me delivers already, and will get better and better imo.

If you don't like, fair enough it's not for all.

give up! never, great job and keep It coming

rag0

• Like 3

Well seeing as what's important in life is different for everyone that's kinda irrelevant

complaing about unfinished Software should be noones priority...

really...

• Like 1

complaing about unfinished Software should be noones priority...really...

And at which point does it cross the line from "unfinished" to "outright scam" ?

1 year? 5?

I've a feeling some of you will still be here in 5 years claiming "alpha"

And at which point does it cross the line from "unfinished" to "outright scam" ?

by the time its renamed to WarZ ....if you really want to call dayZ a scam i dont want to know how you handle everyday life...

anyways...if you dont like a product...dont use it...its really really simple.

And Retards complaing about bugs and unfinished things in a unfinished product are just Retards...*read the fucking disclaimer...again and again...

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 1

To both "whiners" and "whieknights":

DayZ follows the standard Early Access development routine and both of you are a by-product of this decision. Early Access has it's advantages and drawbacks, just watch this video and you'll understand: Link

Edited by retro19
  • Like 1

by the time its renamed to WarZ ....anyways...if you dont like a product...dont use it...its really really simple.And Retards complaing about bugs and unfinished things in a unfinished product are just Retards...*read the fucking disclaimer...again and again...

I'm sorry but I will have to forgive you for your attempt at a suttle insult because you have misunderstood me

After reading the disclaimer at your request (over and over again to be sure) it makes no mention of my issue

I will forgive your stupidity this one time in the hope you will understand me

I am not bothered in the slightest by the bugs, this is to be expected

I'm am bothered by the fact that the development team is not actually addressing the problems

Perhaps this will help you

Good game with bugs + bad development team = little progress made

Bad game + excellent development team = game that will be fixed eventually

In my opinion dayz is a good game with a team that arnt they great

Nearly a year on and it shows with the lack of actual bug fixing, I follow a lot of alpha games and this is by far one of the worst for this problem

Show me where the disclaimer covers the development team not fixing what they have already broken and not bothering to do their job (examples include the recent melee system screwup and the fact even sidestepping a zombie means they still hit you from 5 feet away, this Could be solved by reverting back but noooo instead they just leave it in there, a good team would recall and go to an older version once they know it's a major problem)

Fact: it doesn't

I also don't actually play this game, I played it once yesterday after monthes away and saw it had gotten worse

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

Show me where the disclaimer covers the development team not fixing what they have already broken and not bothering to do their job

i lost you right at that scentence...

And yet these people are ignored or outright insulted, if they hadn't already paid for the game this would be a major red flag of losing potential customers, oh but wait they have already paid ............

You know why they are ignored or outright insulted? Because of all the damn warnings, even from the creator, saying not to buy the damn game if they can't handle the Alpha status. That is why. I have already come to the conclusion that these people are either (1) ignorant or (2) trollish. You paid for something with your eyes wide open (well maybe not). The majority seems to overlook all the bad because they know it's in development. I don't know. Millions purchased it. Countless thousands play and watch it on twitch. All seeming to be having a good time overlooking those things not "in" yet. The frying pan blank is drawing this many in. Imagine what the frying pan will do. (sorry in another thread I made and analogy).

And please, oh please, don't use the tired excuse that you or they are doing it for the good of the game. It's like saying I beat my wife for her own good.

So if you are the trollish type, off with yer. Edit: Which you probably are considering you played the game once yesterday, and in that one instance, found it to worse. I've been playing it all along and havn't even seen everything that is new yet. So yeah, off with you troll.

Edited by RAM-bo4250

You know why they are ignored or outright insulted? Because of all the damn warnings, even from the creator, saying not to buy the damn game if they can't handle the Alpha status. That is why. I have already come to the conclusion that these people are either (1) ignorant or (2) trollish. You paid for something with your eyes wide open (well maybe not). The majority seems to overlook all the bad because they know it's in development. I don't know. Millions purchased it. Countless thousands play and watch it on twitch. All seeming to be having a good time overlooking those things not "in" yet. The frying pan blank is drawing this many in. Imagine what the frying pan will do. (sorry in another thread I made and analogy).

And please, oh please, don't use the tired excuse that you or they are doing it for the good of the game. It's like saying I beat my wife for her own good.

So if you are the trollish type, off with yer.

Again read my posts

I'm happy with the games it's good

I'm unhappy with the way the development team handles it

That isn't covered by ANY alpha or disclaimer message

Unless the development team are in "alpha" as well, I have every right to say:

I think they are doing a shitty job at fixing a GOOD game that has bugs

Be careful, that is slander !

this Could be solved by reverting back but noooo instead they just leave it in there, a good team would recall and go to an older version once they know it's a major problem)

This single sentence yells out that you did not follow the development at all, so you don't really know about what they actually did over the last couple of patches.

Also you still complain about the lack of bugfixing in a development state where bugfixing would be pointless.

I'm sorry but I will have to forgive you for your attempt at a suttle insult because you have misunderstood me

After reading the disclaimer at your request (over and over again to be sure) it makes no mention of my issue

I will forgive your stupidity this one time in the hope you will understand me

I am not bothered in the slightest by the bugs, this is to be expected

I'm am bothered by the fact that the development team is not actually addressing the problems

Perhaps this will help you

Good game with bugs + bad development team = little progress made

Bad game + excellent development team = game that will be fixed eventually

In my opinion dayz is a good game with a team that arnt they great

Nearly a year on and it shows with the lack of actual bug fixing, I follow a lot of alpha games and this is by far one of the worst for this problem

Show me where the disclaimer covers the development team not fixing what they have already broken and not bothering to do their job (examples include the recent melee system screwup and the fact even sidestepping a zombie means they still hit you from 5 feet away, this Could be solved by reverting back but noooo instead they just leave it in there, a good team would recall and go to an older version once they know it's a major problem)

Fact: it doesn't

I also don't actually play this game, I played it once yesterday after monthes away and saw it had gotten worse

Just because an issue hasn't been patched publicly does not mean that the underlying issues are not being addressed internally.

Go read these posts from Eugen:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2e6el9/are_the_broken_zombies_fixed_in_49/cjwi079

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2euy4v/049_zombie_melee_hitboxes_are_not_fixed_confirmed/ck3t7lx

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2f8wwu/when_is_persistent_set_to_hit_stable/ck7xi0u

I'm happy with the games it's good

I'm unhappy with the way the development team handles it

Unless the development team are in "alpha" as well, I have every right to say:

I think they are doing a shitty job at fixing a GOOD game that has bugs

Do you speak out of both sides of your face?

You wrote in your post before this, "I also don't actually play this game, I played it once yesterday after monthes away and saw it had gotten worse".  How can the above be true. YOU DON't EVEN PLAY. 

Edited by RAM-bo4250

Do you speak out of both sides of your face?

You wrote in your post before this, "I also don't actually play this game, I played it once yesterday after monthes away and saw it had gotten worse". How can the above be true?

How do you even know? YOU DON"T PLAY IT. Unless of course, came in, saw that your main grief wasn't dealt with yet and quit. Way to support your case there, troll.

Because I played for 2 years on the mod and on the SA since it came out and up to about 2 months ago and gave up on waiting for decent development and have been checking in each couple of weeks on the stable forum to see whats new and try out the updates, that's what I mean by not playing it

When I stopped playing there was no problem with melee and no problem with zombies

Played it and instantly found a retardedly bugged melee system and zombies much worse than they were before

so:

zombies have gotten worse than since I last played

Melee system gotten far worse

Sorry I didn't stalk the development team and read every post they every made to make you happy, next time ill be sure to spend 2-3 hours wasting my time looking through every post to make sure that if I happen to talk to you again that you will be 100% happy with everything I had to say

you know or you could stop being so narrow minded and actually open your eyes to the fact that not everyone is a perfect example of a human being like yourself and that I just took a quick look back at the game and immediately got put off by the fact that there are still bugs from when the game was released that have received almost no attention

The world exists in more than black and white and not just YOUR opinion and the retards / trolls, the world is more complicated

you know or you could stop being so narrow minded and actually open your eyes to the fact that not everyone is a perfect example of a human being like yourself

Oh the irony of this statement. Or you could stop being so narrow minded and realize that development is an iterative process. New features introduced (persistence, etc) can cause issues with other systems (cause desync that causes zombie/melee issues). But I guess you can't help but be "narrow minded" if all you're looking at is whats in front of your face and not the bigger picture.

Sorry I didn't stalk the development team and read every post they every made to make you happy, next time ill be sure to spend 2-3 hours wasting my time looking through every post to make sure that if I happen to talk to you again that you will be 100% happy with everything I had to say

you know or you could stop being so narrow minded and actually open your eyes to the fact that not everyone is a perfect example of a human being like yourself

No need to become uber sarcastic now. It's okay, not everyone is excited about devblogs and weekly status reports. But you could have asked what has changed before you start a rant after a relatively long break and only very few ingame time after this.

1 - Zombies. Zombie pathfinding got the big update from the scripted solution the old ArmA2 engine brought to the new, hard-coded navmesh system in patch 0.47, which was the second-last stable patch. And this was only the initial implementation with lots of work still to be done. Thats also the reason they can't simply revert back to an old version, it was intended to get rid of the old system because it was limiting the devs in terms of zombie movement. Again, this new system just got implemented, it isn't entitled to work perfect now. But its a progress, and yes, you don't see much of it ingame yet. It's the foundation needed for further improvements.

2 - Melee system. Same story, new system got implemented to remove the scripted stuff from the old engine. Of course also a WIP, which ofc required working on the code base. Hit detection is quite better in the current stable build, so yeah, i do see progress.

Edited by ChainReactor
  • Like 1

Oh the irony of this statement. Or you could stop being so narrow minded and realize that development is an iterative process. New features introduced (persistence, etc) can cause issues with other systems (cause desync that causes zombie/melee issues). But I guess you can't help but be "narrow minded" if all you're looking at is whats in front of your face and not the bigger picture.

I understand how the development process works, ive modded a lot in the past (not the same, but its all I got) and spent over a year on one mod

And if there were major problems like what ive seen, we called back the update and fixed it.....not add more features that made more problems

And I never had any trouble with anyone, I never got any complaints by doing it this way

I understand how the development process works, ive modded a lot in the past (not the same, but its all I got) and spend over a year on one mod

No, you obviously don't know how development works.

No, you obviously don't know how development works.

So what your saying is:

I have experience developing code and scripting for other games as part of a team means I have 0% any idea what its like to spend 8-9 hours a day (didn't have a job at the time) writing thousands of lines of code, creating new textures, meshes?

So opposed to having no experience to having done that for nearly a year, you think im no better informed than someone who has never delved into modding at all?

You have awesome logic

I understand how the development process works, ive modded a lot in the past (not the same, but its all I got) and spent over a year on one mod

And if there were major problems like what ive seen, we called back the update and fixed it.....not add more features that made more problems

And I never had any trouble with anyone, I never got any complaints by doing it this way

Yeah, modding an existing game is quite a bit different from changing out engine components and hard-coding what was once scripted events.

We're also in a position as Alpha Testers, not Full Release Players. All of use are suppose to be familiar with and accept the circumstance of that. Shits going to break or not work as it will in the finished product. The issues with Melee, Zombies, Desync, etc are not gamebreaking in the sense that they totally shut down the experience, and the team needs these iterative changes tested and data to be gathered.

I understand that you're upset with the apparent sluggishness of development. But you have to keep in mind the scope of work being done here. As Dean said before Alpha release, "this is a true-blue Alpha," not the wattered down later-Alpha/Early-Beta that most games make available as "Alpha" for just a few months. We're in for the long-haul here. And yeah, the length of Alpha has probably been extended by maybe 6 months from the original projection. That happens when the scope of the game is expanded from "mod adapted into a standalone game" to "redoing everything from scratch." To give you can idea of the scope of the engine changes, there is a great historical write-up here.

• Like 2