jamiereid_wow@hotmail.co.uk

Has Anyone Else lost Faith in Dayz?

Not much else? I keep finding weapons everywhere.

Clueless? You're the one thats spouting vague nonsense. So why don't you come off that high horse and start backing up your assertions and statements with arguments and evidence.

Erm,mno im not bro..

Go to the top tents at the airfeild for a start the wooden floor buildings don't spawn a thing in them any more..

As to backing it up sunshine look in theses very forums and you will see what im saying is the truth..

Since 2 patches ago this has changed and no a word from the devs as to what is going on...

Also while you seem to be up to speed with the game can you explain to me how a player can get  a tach vest in this game?

that is bullet proof when you can answer that and only then go away..

I do have screens of the item as well...

And the ammo glitching is alive and well...

I hate this community for so many things. They jump to conclusions too fast, they assume what obviously isn't, and they lose faith in Alpha.

It's been seven months. That is NOTHING in development time. It took several YEARS to develop ambitious games like Fallout. DayZ is an ambitious game, and it's been in development, for what, a year and a half?

Stop assuming things. Every road has it's fair share of bumps, and there will be more bugs and issues. But these things can be fixed. So- stop jumping to conclusions.

If I could take beans away, I would. This a waste of collective effort from the community.

:emptycan: Shame.

• Like 10

<<uninformed BS snipp>> 

Tents didn't spawn anything 2 patches ago...now the wooden ones don't.  ( is subject to change ) 

No idea what a TACH vest is tho. The TAC vest is out of the game since months. Some people still have it. All we saw where ruined but people wore them regardless. 

Other than that you maybe mean PRESS vests which can be found at the same places since start of the ALPHURRRRR ( and in the new police stations too ) They don't make you immune PLUS shooting someone in the head is fair game in almost all shooters...get better at aiming :P

Knifes can be found in ( hurrrdurr ) Kitchens ! :D

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 2

Find kitchen knives in sheds, living rooms, (sometimes kitchens), barns, shops, Fire Station towers ... and many other places

At the moment all I find in kitchens is: plenty of tactical Bacon, fishooks, LRS, ammo, Chernarus Police Uniform, powdered milk ... other stuff.

can't move for guns and ammo and snaploaders and press vests - I throw them away

That's the luck of the game, anything other players are looking for, I think I find it.

(in fact I don't remember where I found fishooks)

my only point is - there is NO problem.

Edited by pilgrim

I'm having issues with after leaving the server and coming back to same server losing everthing. Starts new spawn.Am I doing something wrong? Also I think if you change servers you should start all over but, If you stay with same server you should keep your stuff unless of course you die.

Erm,mno im not bro..

Go to the top tents at the airfeild for a start the wooden floor buildings don't spawn a thing in them any more..

As to backing it up sunshine look in theses very forums and you will see what im saying is the truth..

Since 2 patches ago this has changed and no a word from the devs as to what is going on...

Also while you seem to be up to speed with the game can you explain to me how a player can get  a tach vest in this game?

that is bullet proof when you can answer that and only then go away..

I do have screens of the item as well...

And the ammo glitching is alive and well...

Indeed, the tents with a wooden floor dont spawn loot. The other tents (and the bunkers) do spawn loot. I still find weapons, ammo, vests and what not. On the subject of "tach" vests: I assume you mean the tactical vests. Yes, those have been removed months ago. However, I would hardly call that a "massive nerf" in regards to loot spawning. There's tons of loot to be found. I'll refer to what I've said in my first post: you've been unlucky.

And the tents didn't spawn any loot two patches ago, as {Core}BlackLabel has already stated.

On ammo glitching: personally I haven't seen it that much anymore, apart from some leftovers from the previous patch(es). I haven't seen it with the AKM, for example. I've only seen it with a couple of M4's. As soon as you remove the glitched ammo from the clip it disappears.

Don't come to me with "look in forums for truth" and "pictures". You're the one making claims, it's your responsibility to provide the proof to back it up. So far, you haven't delivered anything useful to substantiate your claims.

Maybe you can't force spawn more loot, but what you can do is have a quick reset server that generates endless gobs of goodies at the high spawn points.  For example, I was on a server yesterday that had 2 hour resets.  I am new and hadn't really thought about the consequences of that as I was just looking for high pop, low ping, and Hardcore.  Well, I am in a place with just gobs of crap I found by accident and after taking the best stuff... reset happens... and the whole place repopulates with high end goodies.  It was in an area not highly frequented so in theory I could have stashed some backpacks nearby and loaded myself up like a doomsday hoarder in no time.  I ran a cross some guys who I think were doing just that.  Anyway, long story short I won't be going back to short reset time servers because I don't see the fun in that.  The other downside to short reset servers is food is uber plentiful.  No fun there either...

True enough, a quick reset server will net you with more loot and like you said, that isn't fun. However, we will get to a stage where server restarting shouldn't be necesarry due to loot respawning and server optimizations. Having said that, there will always be servers with short restart timers.

The game ran fine before I could handle the infrequent crashes but now I can't play for more than half an hour before it crashes to the desktop while zombies are chasing me, I don't even have my graphics or anything set to high and my computer can handle them anyway.

At the pace things get fixed it definitely only seems like one guy is working on it, Beta is supposed to be the "fix what you broke" stage but where is the "fix what was already broken and has been for years" stage?

This isn't beta.

I guess I see it more relaxed than some others, to the point I don't really care.

There's few, at best, points that bug me. My game experience is good enough so far and I know there's more to come. Free for me because I paid once in an early stage, so it can only get better - mostly.

Things don't always just get added but also tweaked, the experience can change.

I can say that the game is fun. I just started playing again after a break of a few months and it's rather refreshing. Don't like how it is right now? Take a break, play something else and come back later.

Stop it! Stop Fighting!  You are tearing this family apart!

~Runs crying from the room~

• Like 2

Tents didn't spawn anything 2 patches ago...now the wooden ones don't.  ( is subject to change ) 

No idea what a TACH vest is tho. The TAC vest is out of the game since months. Some people still have it. All we saw where ruined but people wore them regardless. 

Other than that you maybe mean PRESS vests which can be found at the same places since start of the ALPHURRRRR ( and in the new police stations too ) They don't make you immune PLUS shooting someone in the head is fair game in almost all shooters...get better at aiming :P

Not this 1 bro this 1 has numbers like the ammo glitch  :blush: ....

And its the 1 that has been taken out of the game seeing how it doesn't fit,also i have a black vest the 12 slot that is the very same.....

I will get a pic of it and post it,because players where complaining in the server through viop in game that you couldn't kill this bloke until a friend head shot him.

And as to the loot why would i bother giving you anything tbh,go stick your head in the sand because all i see from you is now back peddling.....

How can you lose faith in something that really hasn't started yet?

The time to lose faith is at full release and we still have the same issues. Somehow I don't see this happening though.

Edited by R.Neville

How can you lose faith in something that really hasn't started yet?

The time to lose faith is at full release and we still have the same issues. Somehow I don't see this happening though.

The biggest problem is the file system,or how its being handled because players can just go in and change things inside and know they can get away with it..

BE just passes the buck straight back to BI..and it goes round and round..

They had time because most of the files are just imports from the mod,,go take a look see for yourself.

Same as the airport cell glitch,it took the modders to sort of fix the issue..

The blatant increase of hacking going on recently has pushed my hand back to this thread; for I have lost faith again brothers.

(For a good time go to <UGA> 2 Hour Restarts...High Loot...United Gamers Alliance 2 - berezino ofc; and count how many infinite ammo M4's you can hear going off before the resident speed hacker finds you)

• Like 1

The navmesh gave me hope before giving up. Even though navmesh is not all working and zombies are still screwed up, I'm hoping the rebuilt engine will bring much more fixes to the game that are badlly needed. So I'm close to giving up by just holding on.

• Like 1

Normally I avoid contact with other players and do not shoot on sight and now I will avoid contact and shoot on sight. 

Xbow no, you went over to the darkside. The force is not great with you (voiced by Yoda).

I've lost faith. Millions of dollars in sales. More than a hundred people working on it, and they still can't push fixes and development at a decent pace. I seriously doubt vehicles will be in before 2015. They can't get a handle on the rampant hacking situation, and there are huge bugs that they haven't even addressed on the bug tracker other than to say "acknowledged." The sardine art is a tuna can and the tuna art is a sardine can. How hard is it to switch those? 

• Like 1

Many irrational thinkers have, but they're not worth worrying about as they are so inept as to be unable to read the massive CAPS message that was present on the store page and that they had to agree to upon loading the game that actively tells people not to buy the game yet.

• Like 1

It's still an alpha? Don't think so. They use the alpher excuse so they can get away with half assed game.

• Like 2

It's still an alpha? Don't think so. They use the alpher excuse so they can get away with half assed game.

It's just not a half assed game, it simply is an alpha build, the devs are under no obligation to meet any deadlines they set themselves optimistically as early estimates. They don't need excuses, they've gotten millions of Euro off DayZ already. You really do just need to wind your neck in and accept that you have to wait until development is finished if you want a proper finished DayZ standalone instead of feeling that you have been cheated after buying a product labelled 'THIS IS AN EARLY ACCESS ALPHA' 'we strongly advise you not to buy this game'. You don't have access to DayZ SA to play it, you have access to the SA to TEST it. Your reward for testing is that you get the title at a discounted price, you get to influence the development of the game via bug reports and suggestions and you will also likely enjoy testing the game despite the 'interruptions of game functionality'.

• Like 4

HNSgFhy.jpg?1

• Like 1

I lost faith in this a while back

2 years of the mod

And now nearly a year of SA

Just because they say don't buy this yet in big capital letters actually means they don't have to finish the game.....ever

And they know this and did when they released the SA

Sure we have cool things like ragdol physics now, but the core elements arnt there

It's advertised as a zombie survival game, but it isn't

How long is it going to take people to realise it doesn't take nearly a year to create zombies that actually work amoung other bugs

I played this for a long time and gave up after nothing really got added, zombies are still heavily bugged (tried it yesterday to see if anything had changed) and in fact they are far worse to fight, not because they are hard but because they are seriously bugged as shit

This game will never be what it claims to be or anything close to that

We get a small update with a load of new clothes and guns now and again and some features (like hunting) that won't have any relevance for at least another couple of years (when the game is apparently finished and you need to hunt because of lack of food (again, won't happen, people will just cry over that))

All in all, I've stuck by it a long time, and in a year I'll come back and say "I told you so" and you'll say " come back in a year or two "

The one thing that really gets me is there is always some topic about people being unhappy with the game, or have come back after a few months and are disappointed at the progress and many people giving up playing

And yet these people are ignored or outright insulted, if they hadn't already paid for the game this would be a major red flag of losing potential customers, oh but wait they have already paid ............

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

I lost faith in this a while back

All in all, I've stuck by it a long time, and in a year I'll come back and say "I told you so" and you'll say " come back in a year or two "

What u dont understand is that me and alot of other players are having a ton of fun with the game as it is now...so its not like im holding on to the game waiting and waiting for it to get good. Its is good enough already and getting better.

So no...I wont be telling u to come back in a year. I would tell u to leave the game for good cos it aint ur kind of game.

...and stop necromancing threads.

Edited by svisketyggeren
  • Like 2

.I wont be telling u to come back in a year. I would tell u to leave the game for good cos it aint ur kind of game.  ...and stop necromancing threads.

Then they shouldnt advertise it as a zombie survival game then, when there's no zombie threat and no survival

It wasn't me that necroed this

Then they shouldnt advertise it as a zombie survival game then, when there's no zombie threat and no survival

It wasn't me that necroed this

Dayz is hardly advertised on the marked. If ur refering to interviews where the devs talk about the game, its pretty logical that they call their game a zombie survival game...because thats what they are making.

And generally, dont play a victim on gameforums bacuse the advetising of the game didnt live up to ur expectations. It only shows ur lack of experience.

Edited by svisketyggeren