jamiereid_wow@hotmail.co.uk

Has Anyone Else lost Faith in Dayz?

Stop arguing amongst yourselves, if you have lost faith in the game then fair be it, say what you have to say and move on.

Development is on-going, nothing is engraved in stone, anything could happen in the next half-hour.

Are we getting a patch roll back to 2 patches ago when things or loot spawned in the world?

Unlike now?

Are we getting a patch roll back to 2 patches ago when things or loot spawned in the world?

Unlike now?

Loot spawns on the servers I play, both Stable and Exp, I'm not sure why you have so many troubles if you play on regular servers with a decent ping, are you forced to play on US servers like SmashT or Inception ?

I don't remember them having loot spawning problems as such, perhaps you should ask your fellow countrymen to suggest or recommend a server for you.

Good luck.

If anything the last few patches should have restored faith in the game.

• New semi realistic sway mechanics
  • New weapon dexterity
  • redesigned movement system that removes alot of the unreal tournament movement
  • Navmesh

It is these tiny details that make the game better.

Keep in mind what I'm about to say is my own opinion and not facts.

I love DayZ and I love that it started all the different survival apoclayspe genres. I played hundreds of hours on DayZ mod and SA but I am quickly losing faith in the devs and this game. The development is so slow and the engine that DayZ uses is so horrible. I looking very much further toward other upcoming games like H1Z1. Where they have things in game that DayZ won't have until the end of or even the next year. At least in H1Z1 I can look forward too massive servers supporting up and over 1000 players while DayZ can barely support 40. Vehicles and base building will all be available to me when the game is released in early access in a couple of weeks. Rather then months. If the devs want to be able to keep DayZ alive they better kick it up a notch and hire some more coders so it dosen't seem like a 1 man development team.  

How do you know early access will be coming in a couple of weeks?

Loot spawns on the servers I play, both Stable and Exp, I'm not sure why you have so many troubles if you play on regular servers with a decent ping, are you forced to play on US servers like SmashT or Inception ?

I don't remember them having loot spawning problems as such, perhaps you should ask your fellow countrymen to suggest or recommend a server for you.

Good luck.

You been looking up my ip i see...

No we have decent servers here in oz,there has been a dumbing down on all servers in regards to loot spawn.

Some servers have stuff and others just dont have anything even after a restart...

Could this be the same as helis gone as well?

Or are they trying to test out gobal spawns like with parts for cars as such?

admins can't influence the amouth of loot upon restart...servers that tell you otherwise are lying....

like..HIGH MILITARY LOOT and shit like that...its as retarded as FRIENDLY ONLY....

gah...the stupidity...

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 2

In certain small sections.. yes, I have. But that would require faith to begin with, so second thought.. no, I still have not lost faith.

:D

admins can't influence the amouth of loot upon restart...servers that tell you otherwise are lying....

like..HIGH MILITARY LOOT and shit like that...its as retarded as FRIENDLY ONLY....

gah...the stupidity...

^This. Any server that sports the title HIGH MILITARY LOOT is just purely advertising it's existence. There is no difference between that server and the UK 1-204 Fragnet/Vilayer/etc. servers or any other server out there.

You been looking up my ip i see...

No we have decent servers here in oz,there has been a dumbing down on all servers in regards to loot spawn.

Some servers have stuff and others just dont have anything even after a restart...

Could this be the same as helis gone as well?

Or are they trying to test out gobal spawns like with parts for cars as such?

Well considering the fact that loot doesn't always spawn on the same location, you've probably been unlucky. Nothing more, nothing less. For example: not all barracks spawn AKMs, even after server restarts. Another example is that ATC towers often spawn a handgun, though the chance of it spawning there isn't 100%.

• Like 1

If anything the last few patches should have restored faith in the game.

• New semi realistic sway mechanics
  • New weapon dexterity
  • redesigned movement system that removes alot of the unreal tournament movement
  • Navmesh

It is these tiny details that make the game better.

But, but, I don't like the little things you cant notice I like the big things, i want cars, why hasn't anyone said we need cars yet. I want to build a base with a walmart on the 2nd floor, I want to laser designate a drone to attack people so if i miss they wont shoot me back, I want trucks, I want to be able to build optimus prime at a workbench I want a helicopter with miniguns and all the charracter skins from COD, They should even add the option to build a rocket to fly to the moon so we can fight zombies up there too.

But no seriously dude, you are right in what you are saying, but some impatient people really just dont get that the small fixes and invisible updates are actually important, just because the devs havent included things that ONE person wants out of the 12 million players who have bought the game, then its just not going the way they want it to. Then you get the others that whinge that they want the game to be more like the mod... Well go play the mod instead, buttercup, what is the point of recreating the exact same game to something else thats already out? I like the fact that SA has a different dynamic to the mod. The game is being developed at a steady pace, and all the little bugs and invisible fixes that you don't notice in game doesn't mean the development is going slow at all, it just means its becoming more and more stable, but if its one thing i have learned from the gaming community is you can never please the impatient needy man children who want it all their way and want it now.

Edited by archamedes

I will only lose faith when the game is released and not completed to a decent standard. As it is now, its in alpha what the hell do you expect?

I wish more people thought like me :(

• Like 1

No I am not, it's an alpha, you wanna be disappointed head over to Rust, no updates for a long ass while and now they are doing a complete change of EVERYTHING.

^This. Any server that sports the title HIGH MILITARY LOOT is just purely advertising it's existence. There is no difference between that server and the UK 1-204 Fragnet/Vilayer/etc. servers or any other server out there.

Well considering the fact that loot doesn't always spawn on the same location, you've probably been unlucky. Nothing more, nothing less. For example: not all barracks spawn AKMs, even after server restarts. Another example is that ATC towers often spawn a handgun, though the chance of it spawning there isn't 100%.

Dude read the last line please,also since 2 patches ago the loot has been nerfed massive..

So dont tell me that the servers and the spawn or how it works trust me i know...

wait for final game is coming before make stress about if the game is good one, try to do complain now is like say 'the new star wars movie what is still make not finish but I don't believe is will be good like original what if they don't make lightsaber sounds real and maybe darth vader is not looking real and handsolo is OLD MAN FFS!!!'

wait for finish game, play for 2 hour, relax think about and after we talking is good one or what is

Dude read the last line please,also since 2 patches ago the loot has been nerfed massive..

So dont tell me that the servers and the spawn or how it works trust me i know...

Still, servers are not different from each other. The X amount of loot spawned per server is the same on each server. That hasn't changed at all, even if they nerfed the amount of loot spawned. So, in other words, you don't know how the servers and the spawning works.

And while we're on the subject of nerfed lootspawns: what's wrong about that? It's a survival game after all, it's supposed to be a difficult game. I'll be honest here, I haven't noticed any nerf. I can still get my basic necessities in 30 minutes or so.

there is shitloads of stuff everywhere ( too much food ect.. )...

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

there is shitloads of stuff everywhere ( too much food ect.. )...

Yes there is loads of food and not much else..

Seeing how i dont know how the game works cant you tell me how players are upping the body armour in the game to the point where its like,there terminator and the only way to kill them is with a head shot..

Its just like i said before its the same way the ammo clip is still going on as well..

Still, servers are not different from each other. The X amount of loot spawned per server is the same on each server. That hasn't changed at all, even if they nerfed the amount of loot spawned. So, in other words, you don't know how the servers and the spawning works.

And while we're on the subject of nerfed lootspawns: what's wrong about that? It's a survival game after all, it's supposed to be a difficult game. I'll be honest here, I haven't noticed any nerf. I can still get my basic necessities in 30 minutes or so.

Erm no its not dude please think before you post again tbh..clueless person ....

Yes there is loads of food and not much else..

Seeing how i dont know how the game works cant you tell me how players are upping the body armour in the game to the point where its like,there terminator and the only way to kill them is with a head shot..

Its just like i said before its the same way the ammo clip is still going on as well..

Erm no its not dude please think before you post again tbh..clueless person ....

Not much else? I keep finding weapons everywhere.

Clueless? You're the one thats spouting vague nonsense. So why don't you come off that high horse and start backing up your assertions and statements with arguments and evidence.

Edited by TinUKCS
  • Like 1

I haven't lost faith in the Standalone at all, for a Alpha game it is very fun and the problems it does have doesn't detour me from playing it for hours each day.

What I have started to lose faith in is it's community of players both in-game and on these forums, as MOST people come here to complain about one thing or another, or the countless amount of people who lack the creativeness to come up with other things to do besides treating this game like CoD, or the people who claim people are fanboys or white knights just for having common sense and not flying off the handle at every little problem or hiccup the game has.

Maybe you can't force spawn more loot, but what you can do is have a quick reset server that generates endless gobs of goodies at the high spawn points.  For example, I was on a server yesterday that had 2 hour resets.  I am new and hadn't really thought about the consequences of that as I was just looking for high pop, low ping, and Hardcore.  Well, I am in a place with just gobs of crap I found by accident and after taking the best stuff... reset happens... and the whole place repopulates with high end goodies.  It was in an area not highly frequented so in theory I could have stashed some backpacks nearby and loaded myself up like a doomsday hoarder in no time.  I ran a cross some guys who I think were doing just that.  Anyway, long story short I won't be going back to short reset time servers because I don't see the fun in that.  The other downside to short reset servers is food is uber plentiful.  No fun there either...

Lost faith in DayZ?  Nope.  Epoch and OverPoch are still great and with Epoch going to Arma III its just going to get better. 

If you are talking about Sucks Ass (aka SA) I never had much faith.  The reality is their "paid alpha" was really just a quasi venture capital scheme to jump start development which was stalled and hadnt yielded much even after being 1 year behind schedule

I doubt SA ever makes it past "alpha".   The development is just too slow plus I bet 90% of the people who were ever in the market to buy this game already have.  There isnt much growth and there are other games in the same genre coming out that will crush it. 

Lost faith in DayZ?  Nope.  Epoch and OverPoch are still great and with Epoch going to Arma III its just going to get better. 

If you are talking about Sucks Ass (aka SA) I never had much faith.  The reality is their "paid alpha" was really just a quasi venture capital scheme to jump start development which was stalled and hadnt yielded much even after being 1 year behind schedule

I doubt SA ever makes it past "alpha".   The development is just too slow plus I bet 90% of the people who were ever in the market to buy this game already have.  There isnt much growth and there are other games in the same genre coming out that will crush it. 

Which ones?  I am not doubting, just honestly curious.

Its great to not like the SA but dont spout nonsense please.

L

• Like 1

I been looking for a knife since the last patch

.. but .. so what ?

I play in the game..  I move around.. I find all kinds of stuff.. just luck has it I haven't found a knife

guess I'll find one sooner or later ?

I'd rather hang out in the game than argue about loot tables

if anything is happening to the loot tables, it's happening to everyone, so what problem ?

wish I could exchange my M14 with ACOG for a knife

lol

the devs are obviously doing a lot of work, is

- not a problem -

Edited by pilgrim