imstyyle

No DayZ cfg File

i looked everywhere. it was in my documents but not anymore. my rendering is messed up and i need to go into the cfg file to configure it and i cant find it

• Like 1

This PC>Documents>DayZ, you first of course have to launch DayZ

same problem ,already tried and no luck please help!!!!

yes :/

Is the screen all blurry? If it is your going to have to go to video>user interface> and change to whatever resolution your computer is

yea it is ,also my settings don't save when i relaunch days ,my character default will change to another one and the ui is enormous, also my rendering resolution options are too small

ALL INEED IS A CONFIG FILE I LACK , were can i get one??  i really don't care about my character but i need the config file

yea it is ,also my settings don't save when i relaunch days ,my character default will change to another one and the ui is enormous, also my rendering resolution options are too small

Ok, so this is what problems I had with mine this morning, I launched DayZ and my UI was really big as well, my cursor would stay in one spot I have no idea why, until I finally moved my mouse with my invisible cursor over the UI options is this the same problem you are having? If it is just try to maneuver to your UI settings and you want to have these, as for my PC I have these which are the default DayZ settings UI: 1920x1080, Size: Small and Aspect Ratio: 16:9 Wide. As per your character settings are you joining between private and public hives? 

public hives, when i restart to apply the changes made to my user interface it doesn't change at all ,it only goes back to the blurry huge ui

also it appears my resolutions change  ,they are not constant the options change within game

public hives, when i restart to apply the changes made to my user interface it doesn't change at all ,it only goes back to the blurry huge ui

I have no idea, usually when I restart my DayZ the settings usually save. As per your problems where your character is resetting constantly it might just be really bad luck. I have no clue what's going on with your settings, but here is that CFG file you were lacking it's copy and pasted from my documents. See if it makes any difference http://www.filedropper.com/dayz_2

• Like 2

jus one thing, were should i place it?

This is where it should, should be My Computer>This PC>My Documents>DayZ> DayZ_config, if there is no DayZ folder under my documents create one name it exactly DayZ and paste the config file in there

just check the integrity of the files through steam ? shouldnt that fix it also what were you trying to change in first place :D

notrees.com :)

• Like 1

thank you ,looks promising

thank you very much to all of you for ur help

Your best bet would to be unistall DayZ and reinstall it from the steam library. That's your best hope, other than that I have no idea what to do