imstyyle

No DayZ cfg File

I had the same issue, game crashed today and video was all F-D up. My hats off to extremenuggets your config file got me back up and running..

Edited by Dawgstyl
  • Like 1

hello again ,aim sorry but this config file didn't work can anyone supply me with one that has default settings???? any help is really apreciated

SKS-Will

Go to your documents folder and there should be a Dayz folder there with 3 files inside.

- The Dayz.cfg is used to change your resolution.

- PC.DayzProfile is used to change more complex things such as scene complixity, object distance, view distance, shadows etc. Lowering some of these settings may greatly improve performance.

If you can't find them, go into any windows folder and press F3 to bring up the search function and look for the two files I just mentioned.

1) - If you feel you have reached a point where your config files are altered beyond you ability to repair them; try deleting them and running the game; and hopefully steam will download new default files.

2) - If that doesn't work, assuming you have deleted the files; right click on Dayz in your steam games list; go to properties, local files tab and run the verify integrity of game cache utility to download any missing files. This should download the files for sure if step number 1 failed to do so.

3) - If that doesn't work, uninstall dayz and delete the Dayz folder containing the configuration files if steam didn't do it automatically for you and download and reinstall the game afresh once more.

Edited by Chiefo69
  • Like 1

please help me i really like days and wanted it before it was a sa ,my custom cofig in game doont save