Sign in to follow this  
psykotech

Bugs that make you a better player

This might seem like a strange concept to some, but rather than complaining about bugs that crop up from one build to the next, has anyone thought about how it might just be forcing you to adapt and improvise to survive, which in turn makes you a better player?

There are two in 0.44 that immediately spring to mind; Bullet impacts and blood not rending at distance and the changes to the melee system which made body shots to zombies do (almost?) no damage.

I've been playing the sniper role for a while now and prior to this patch it was easy to zero by using feedback from bullet impacts. Without that feedback I've had to really think about distance and with practice I've now become much better at estimating how far away a target is before I take my first shot.

The wood splitter was my melee weapon of choice (didn't stand out as much as a fire axe and could fit inside a courier bag) up to and including 0.43 and was always high on my list of things to grab while gearing up. Having to aim for the head of zombies was somewhat tricky with an axe, so I started trying machetes, bayonets, combat knives and so on as they allowed for more precise strikes. Again, with practice, it became a lot easier to deal with zombies with the smaller weapons. In experimental I've gone back to using a wood splitter as zombies are back to being one or two shots anywhere on the body again and an axe is needed for cutting down trees for firewood etc.

Not needing to adapt to change is one thing I'll miss when the game is finished.

• Like 2

Agreed with the zombie headshots. I abandoned the axe for smaller weapons as well. I am Master of the Screwdriver now.

1. Always be weary of the Police stations because faggots like to glitch hide in them, so I adapted by darting through it so they can't get a shot on me.

faggots

We don't use that word here. Please refrain. I understand your anger for those fuckers though