qww

scoped fov locked, normal fov adjustable

Ironically the "super zoom" you are talking about is exactly how much the LRS actually should magnify...

You know what the specs are on the variable scope by any chance ?

You know what the specs are on the variable scope by any chance ?

It's the discontinued Premier Heritage Tactical 3-15x50mm. Price was about $3,000. Had some variations but relevant specs:

Reticle: mil dot or "Gen 2 XR" proprietary, FFP, illuminated

Internal elevation: 34 mils

Turret elevation: 28 mils

Click: 0.1 mil

Weight: 2.2 lbs

In-game it's only 7.5x zoom, so moving the FoV slider all the way left gives it the correct 15x (relative to default FoV, technically it's still 7.5x), and by coincidence also the same minFov as all the ArmA 2 10x snipers.

IMG_6475%20-%20Heritage%203-15(1).jpg

Edited by Gews

I have seen a few videos where players adjust their FOV on the fly to gain a small advantage with scoping...and it does feel like a bit of an exploit.

One solution would be that FOV changes do not take affect in game until the next time the player logs into a server.

ah right, im not knowledgeable guns,  i had thought the lrs in dayz was meant to be an 8x scope, i didnt realise it was meant to be a 15x.

still that makes it the same problem as with the pu, acog and the pso1, when you have your fov near the centre, as i assume most of us do (mine is between the f and v) you are zoomed out way more than you should be.

ADS should be locked, it would be nice to hear from someone involved with the game, to let us know if they are actually going to implement this? or even explain why they havent yet?

That's interesting it may be reason my head is spinning after playing Battlefield 3 for long time.

And the amount that is going on can cause that too. I remember someone actually having seizures many years ago in MMO game called EQ.

So they posted warning that it could cause seizures.

I feel uncomfortable with some of the FOV settings, its distorting it. Makes me feel like puking, then I put it back to 50% maybe

It's the discontinued Premier Heritage Tactical 3-15x50mm. Price was about $3,000. Had some variations but relevant specs:

Reticle: mil dot or "Gen 2 XR" proprietary, FFP, illuminated

Internal elevation: 34 mils

Turret elevation: 28 mils

Click: 0.1 mil

Weight: 2.2 lbs

In-game it's only 7.5x zoom, so moving the FoV slider all the way left gives it the correct 15x (relative to default FoV, technically it's still 7.5x), and by coincidence also the same minFov as all the ArmA 2 10x snipers.

IMG_6475%20-%20Heritage%203-15(1).jpg

Hmmmm ok one thing immediately struck me as odd.

The amount of internal elevation on that optic is insane. Add a 20-30 moa rail and god daam you got a nifty scope for extreme long range.

With the elevation adjustments alone if they went for a mil turret system a quick ballistic program shows that the mosin would be able to lob 147 grain light ball with a muzzle velocity of 2750 out to about 1500-1600m with the elevation maxed out on the scope.

However a 123 grain m27 coming out of a cz 527 at 2350 would only reach out to 1000m with the elevation all the way.

Super high end scope.

Hmmmm ok one thing immediately struck me as odd.

The amount of internal elevation on that optic is insane. Add a 20-30 moa rail and god daam you got a nifty scope for extreme long range.

With the elevation adjustments alone if they went for a mil turret system a quick ballistic program shows that the mosin would be able to lob 147 grain light ball with a muzzle velocity of 2750 out to about 1500-1600m with the elevation maxed out on the scope.

However a 123 grain m27 coming out of a cz 527 at 2350 would only reach out to 1000m with the elevation all the way.

Super high end scope.

I get more like 1000-1200 (surplus) and 700-800 for the CZ 527 (flat-base bullet)

I hope we get a bunch more "normal" scopes or better precision rifles because it seems silly putting this scope on Mosins, CZ 527s and M70 Alaskans. The scope weights more than 1/3 of the CZ's weight (okay, we can't put it on... yet).

Edited by Gews

I get more like 1000-1200 (surplus) and 700-800 for the CZ 527 (flat-base bullet)

I hope we get a bunch more "normal" scopes or better precision rifles because it seems silly putting this scope on Mosins, CZ 527s and M70 Alaskans. The scope weights more than 1/3 of the CZ's weight (okay, we can't put it on... yet).

Here is what I got using applied ballistics , a mosin nagant 91/30 , and czech mil surplus 7.62x54r coming out the barrel at 2750.

eucXLJR.png?1

So I would have ran out of internal scope elevation travel around the 1500 yards so 1371.6 m.

Above is using applied ballistics Btw.

Internal elevation = 34 mils

Mechanical zero = 100 m

Elevation up = 17 mils

Mosin, 860 m/s, .2 G7, ICAO = 1039 m, + 20 MOA base = 1197 m

CZ-527, 730 m/s, .245 G1, ICAO = 703 m, + 20 MOA base = 822 m

+1

Please devs, make the fov locked or at least locked by the server so people playing on the same server have the same fov locked.

wow they finally did it, 1 year later, nice