Niemand (DayZ)

Niemands "Cleaning a Village aka Settling down"

Didnt read your reply until now - but thanks Jean.

You're welcome. :) It's an awesome idea if players can make their own defenses and must defend it at all cost from zombies and bandits imo. :D

Yah. It would at least provide something people can aim for. Right now it is always the same thing:

- Spawn

- Scavange a bit => get equipment and food

- Find a car => repair it

- Raid the airfield for better weapons.

- Start killing players (not necessarily)

- Get eaten or shot

- Start from the beginning...

Thats why I am taking a break from the mod for a while, playing "normal" ArmA2 (and some of those other great mods) and wait until the game brings me something I can play for. Because I am not interested in killing players or better weapons (My M16 is enough for me so far).

Same is it the reason for me to submit my "Level 2" Suggestion. :D

Yes please! For the longest time I have wanted there to be at least one sort-of-safe safe zone to go to where you can trade, talk, or nurse your wounds back to full health. It'd be cool if only one random city per server had this so it was always a mystery whether or not you'll get eaten if you head into the town. It'd be even cooler if you could set up tank traps, barricades, and sandbags along the perimeter of the town for a makeshift deference against hordes of zombies chasing players into the town.

I'm not 100% sure about the idea of 'cleaning' out existing towns on the map~ perhaps maybe later in full game if there are more, but were it so atm I would assume it would just be clans taking over starry and/or any of the other smaller towns around the NWAF and then just 'mad maxing' from them. (although that actually sounds lol so :/ hmmm )

But i would totally get behind the idea of buildable walls/stands, thus giving those of us who want to settle down or have some some sort of safe homebase to build these in random areas? I can totally see myself walking through woods in random part of the map and stumbling across a hidden enclave of a clan or somesuch group. perhaps then become a trader between these 'hidden' villages, that only YOU know the location of? so yeah, beans, but maybe considered beans?

Jolly good post ol´ chap! I agree with everything, it´s what everyone is missing the most in this fantastic mod.

However i´ve gotten the impression that Rocket is a bit of a sadist. He likes to keep players in a near-death status for the most part of the time, which means he won´t like the idea of "safe havens".

If you add something that will make this safe haven more visible to other players, i think it will make it unsafe enough for rocket to implement it. One suggestion would be smoke comming from the towns generator during the day and bright lights shining in the town during the night that makes the town visible from ~3 km away. At least add something that would make people think to themselves "will i really be safer in there than out here?".

What about players creating their own safe havens by being able to build stuff with the sand bags. Like bunkers using the entrenching tools, sand bags, scrap metal. Also building generators and hopefully having camo netting to string up to keep the area hidden from ground and air seaches; whether helo's or using high ridge lines in mountain areas.

After clearing a town, there ought to be periodic events where herds of zombies try to move in through the city, spawned from outside the settlement.

I'm not 100% sure about the idea of 'cleaning' out existing towns on the map~ perhaps maybe later in full game if there are more, but were it so atm I would assume it would just be clans taking over starry and/or any of the other smaller towns around the NWAF and then just 'mad maxing' from them. (although that actually sounds lol so :/ hmmm )
Thats one possibility. the next is that there will surely be clans (like mine) that clean that village and let other peoples join.

And you gotta think about it. If there is a save town bandits are able to have fun with it. From the next hill with a sniper, maybe.

Jolly good post ol´ chap! I agree with everything, it´s what everyone is missing the most in this fantastic mod.

However i´ve gotten the impression that Rocket is a bit of a sadist. He likes to keep players in a near-death status for the most part of the time, which means he won´t like the idea of "safe havens".

If you add something that will make this safe haven more visible to other players, i think it will make it unsafe enough for rocket to implement it. One suggestion would be smoke comming from the towns generator during the day and bright lights shining in the town during the night that makes the town visible from ~3 km away. At least add something that would make people think to themselves "will i really be safer in there than out here?".

Aye mate.

Of course there is always the possibility for Zeds to get the town back. The Generator running out of gas. Players not logging in for too long (or leaving town after a bandit-attack). And Zed-Hordes Swarming the place.

I think the street-lights could be turned on when the generator runs. Also the generator is not very silent, so it can be heard from a nice distance. And players maybe build search lights... who knows. ;)

What about players creating their own safe havens by being able to build stuff with the sand bags. Like bunkers using the entrenching tools, sand bags, scrap metal. Also building generators and hopefully having camo netting to string up to keep the area hidden from ground and air seaches; whether helo's or using high ridge lines in mountain areas.
That is something that maybe will come with it. I guess that will even be the step before the cleanable villages. ;)
After clearing a town, there ought to be periodic events where herds of zombies try to move in through the city, spawned from outside the settlement.
"periodic events" kinda makes it sound like a MMO... "Every thursday at 18PM GMT the town will be raided by zeds! be there to get lots of beans!" so it should be occasionally. Maybe when there are 6 players in the town there is a 5* Percent possibility to get Zeds spawning in the woods, heading towards the houses.

Also Zeds could spawn in the woods and wander in the direction of the village. Then players could start campfires around the village to guide the Zeds around or gather them to kill them. Or at least to see them. :D