SmashT

Plan for release of 0.45 to Stable

There is no need for that, stop it with the personal insults.

• Like 1

Quite possibly my most anticipated updates so far. Really just wish people would let their servers go to night time before restarts, Seeing fires in the woods would be an awesome feelings.

• Like 2

Quite possibly my most anticipated updates so far. Really just wish people would let their servers go to night time before restarts, Seeing fires in the woods would be an awesome feelings.

Nighttime definitely needs some love. feels like half of the game is missing.

• Like 1

I believe the same. I want to play in night. But the servers always restart by dawn. They should like when you restar the server, the server should maintain the time it was before restarting it.

• Like 1

I believe the same. I want to play in night. But the servers always restart by dawn. They should like when you restar the server, the server should maintain the time it was before restarting it.

I'm a fan of night too, but the fact is that at the moment night is barely playable.

Too many find ways to "gamma cheat", lights pass through all surfaces (including walls) and currently there are only few means of artificial light.

And you can't sneak away from zombies.

Give it time, probably in some months night will be worth to play.

• Like 3

I dont care if it takes another year to get this thing right...What i do care about is forcing content and new things into the build with Stable issues like this along with the base part of the game being iffy!!  Fix the foundation and this game will win everyone over.  I just dont want to have all this new awesome toys to play in a sponge like base.  Keep on keeping on!

• Like 1

that killed it with a double tap to the head...NOTHING is free. You think they take the time & effort & $ just to creat a game for free. I have played FTP games & they were FAR from free.

I have hundreds of hours on war thunder and planetside 2 and I haven't spent a single cent. Free to play done right is fine.

• Like 1

At this moment rubberbanding is not fixed yet on experimental. I just came into an endless loop again.

Well.... don´t know what to say. I thougth they would INTENT to achieve the goals of the timetable, but they simply don´t. OK, problems like this may occure, thats ok. What is not ok is, that the next update was planned for "end of april in the worst case". It´s almost June now.

And who dares to talk about progress?! There was no progress for half a year! New items and weapons are not a progress! (This is no critisism for the developers because it´s an alpha, but for this disturbing idiotic fanboys)

Lesson to learn for any dev:

STOP TO FUCKING PUBLISH YOUR TIMETABLES TO THE PLAYERS.

90% of them have no clue about how game developing works and will annoy you and the other 10% with endless complaints about how you missed deadline A and are already late on deadline B.

Just play the good old "When it's done" on autorepeat and report on progress when it's been made. Heck if you have to keep telling people what's keeping you from publishing next patch. But for all that's good and just: FREAKING STOP giving dates, schedules, timetables, estimated timeframes, whatever to people that do not understand that delivering a working game is A LOT MORE IMPORTANT than delivering bullshit on time.

• Like 2

90% of them have no clue about how game developing works and will annoy you and the other 10% with endless complaints about how you missed deadline A and are already late on deadline B.

Just play the good old "When it's done" on autorepeat and report on progress when it's been made. Heck if you have to keep telling people what's keeping you from publishing next patch. But for all that's good and just: FREAKING STOP giving dates, schedules, timetables, estimated timeframes, whatever to people that do not understand that delivering a working game is A LOT MORE IMPORTANT than delivering bullshit on time.

So lets just let the game sit here and die off? sorry but I rather like this game :/

So lets just let the game sit here and die off? sorry but I rather like this game :/

How the fuck would the game die off from keeping the internal deadlines and timetables disclosed like it usually is done when games are made????

The way I observe things, if anything then all those games that involve the community and tell when to await what have proven just one thing: Consumers are VERY bad at understanding that such dates in software development and in particular in game development are very RARELY met and delays should be expected, because you cannot foresee bugs and even less foresee how long it takes to fix bugs. You can plan the order in which things are done, but trying to pinpoint the exact time each step takes is practically impossible.

How the fuck would the game die off from keeping the internal deadlines and timetables disclosed like it usually is done when games are made????

Simple, nothing would get done because there is no deadline. Its like saying ill do my homework later.

• Like 1

Simple, nothing would get done because there is no deadline. Its like saying ill do my homework later.

Not telling us the release date does not mean that there is none.

Not telling would be better since that means there is no needless build of hype / staying up late waiting for a patch that never comes out.

Announce a deadline for a patch and there'll be uproar if it isn't released on time.

Say nothing about a new patch and there'll be uproar because there's no news and "the Devs don't care"

Wouldn't it be nice if everybody could just be calm and know that the game is being worked on? :)

So I take it you haven't played either the standalone or the mod! 

Brilliant games such as Fallout 3, Morrowind and Half Life 2 spent each over five years in development. How long has DayZ been in development? 

Did those games somehow... I don't know... fail? I recall them being quite good, and quite popular. 

DayZ is a game that is quite big in scope. Remember Arma 2 being an MMO? I sure don't. 

Development time means absolutely nothing to us, the people who want to play it. We're not going to be any less interested in a brilliant final product just because we had to eagerly, impatiently wait to play it. Actually, it just means we're going to want to play it more-- claiming otherwise is akin to the tactics a toddler would use to get what he wants quicker. 

But putting all of this aside, there's one big reason to dislike people putting pressure on the devs: They're artists. Video-games are just as valid a form of art as literature, cinema, paintings. You payed because you support their vision of the game. Their development of their game. They're not forced to burn themselves out just because we each payed a small sum. They can work at the speed they choose. You didn't invest millions, we collectively did. 

This post.... 

I think you won the internet.

• Like 3

I'm sure all the impatient types will be thrilled to learn (as I'm sure they follow the sources closely) that it's just been announced that the game is now being migrated to a new engine as well.

If you're more than a little wound up now then,prepare yourself ..

I'm sure all the impatient types will be thrilled to learn (as I'm sure they follow the sources closely) that it's just been announced that the game is now being migrated to a new engine as well.

If you're more than a little wound up now then,prepare yourself ..

The engine has really just evolved into another engine, this is how engines normally change. It's not like they are moving to something completely different and rebuilding from scratch.

Yeah, just keep traveling and tweeting from vacation spots and conventions while your loyal fan base begs for a game update that was promised weeks ago. Forget that 45 would have been smart to unveil during E3. Never mind that H1Z1 will be released soon, as well as Dying Light, signifying the end of the DayZ craze that future gamers will fondly look back on as "the sweet game that never got updated regularly and fell behind so many other games".

• Like 2

Yeah, just keep traveling and tweeting from vacation spots and conventions while your loyal fan base begs for a game update that was promised weeks ago. Forget that 45 would have been smart to unveil during E3. Never mind that H1Z1 will be released soon, as well as Dying Light, signifying the end of the DayZ craze that future gamers will fondly look back on as "the sweet game that never got updated regularly and fell behind so many other games".

I agree with this guy and though i am happy Dean has said he is making a hardcore game for the long haul., the main thing i wish is he did  State dates of when things will be aimed for done.

Its time to expand on those 'Q1, Q2, Q3, and Q4' plans we were told ages ago and start to flesh them out with monthly aims and ETA so we can look forward to when things happen.

Yeah, just keep traveling and tweeting from vacation spots and conventions while your loyal fan base begs for a game update that was promised weeks ago.

No, companies dont stop working if the CEO goes to vacation/conventions.

Edited by BENEDICTUS

FYI Dean is project leader, not the CEO.

• Like 1

Companies with 2 million customers and $60 million dollars of our money don't just fuck around either. They also don't miss an opportunity like E3. Everybody was hyping H1Z1 and already calling DayZ the 'old zombie MMORPG'.