SmashT

Plan for release of 0.45 to Stable

Well.... don´t know what to say. I thougth they would INTENT to achieve the goals of the timetable, but they simply don´t. OK, problems like this may occure, thats ok. What is not ok is, that the next update was planned for "end of april in the worst case". It´s almost June now.

And who dares to talk about progress?! There was no progress for half a year! New items and weapons are not a progress! (This is no critisism for the developers because it´s an alpha, but for this disturbing idiotic fanboys)

10/10 if troll

7/10 if copy pasta

And who dares to talk about progress?! There was no progress for half a year! New items and weapons are not a progress!

You seem to have a very specific definition of progress. New animations, inventory management, new items, interactive environment (picking berries from berry bushes, apples in orchard) , new weapons, new ammo, new melee animations for attacks, new melee weapons, new character behaviors, new weather elements, new animals, etc.

This isn't progress. What is "progress" in a video game in development to you? I'm very curious.

I don't see any whiners or fanboys on this forum, just humans and their typical behavior.

• Like 4

they should do a open free alpha or a very cheap one with "upgrade in the future"   "if testing purpouses" are needed, most of the people are pissed because they paid $30 for a game that they event cant play (at the moment) yeah there was a reminder access but i dont get why they sold the game to all the world like that, i mean, the remainder will be the same forever and if someone buy the game like in 6 months he will be buying a totally different game like if you buy it today or 4 months ago, the thing is that a lot of people dont really know what kinda of "alpha" theyre buying and that is the real problem about the bitching on the socialnetworks because this particulary game have like really bad bugs that lot of people cant stand like others, plus theres a lot of hacking right now imagine just how a really new guy that never bought a buggy game or played arma series feel when he experiments all of the real shit, and let me say this lot of people buy this game because they see a popular streamers play and get a little fun, but when they buy the game its a different story they want those $30 back or the devs to update it fast and they come here to complain about that because the anger is so bad. just imagine yourself wasting 30 on a game that you wont play on a year or 5 months but the problem its because in fact the reminder is not that specific and the price and everything makes you think that its not that alpha shit you just dont imagine that the game its like 5% finished you need to pay those 30 and see for yourself that you wont like it like that. thats a humble opinion, by myself i experimented a lit bit of this because i was very very hyped about this game saw lot of videos streams etc but when i played it, it wasnt "that cool" to me i was kinda disapointed because i wanted to buy other games at that moment but i give it a try and i love this game but not really at this moment i imagine all the upcoming features and thats really why i love this game 

I remember one of the patches early on broke all kinds of shit there was rubberbanding etc I don't understand what the big deal is. most of us have experienced it before as well as other shit and they fixed it. not sayin shut up or quit complaining if that's your way that's your way but I'm not seeing this as a surprise or anything new they'll fix it they've fixed a lot of bugs so far I wish someone maybe even the devs would post a video of how far the games come when it comes to playability hell I remember during the serious dsync era I had a friend when ever he would get close to us or anyone else like within 100m he would red chain and by the way from my and my friends experience they fixed it.

• Like 1

We are the customers.  We have paid money for a product and when our expectations are not met or we feel let down we rant, it's what we do as the human race.

• Like 1

^That may be true, but as 'customers', we also agreed to the terms and conditions of what this Alpha actually is. It's not just some annoying pop-up ad that we just need to close every time we fire up the game. It has a pretty clear purpose. What a lot of 'customers' didn't do was understand what those terms and conditions actually mean. The willingness to actually do that is left to the user, and from what I can tell, many have failed miserably in doing so. That's not really their fucking problem, nor their focus (and really shouldn't be at all).

The fact that they even released early access is, in my opinion, both generous and smart on their part. With the warning, you have to expect a shitload of bugs and broken things. The fact that some people think that releasing to early access that this was somehow a user's playground for setting any sort of expectations from the development team is laughable and petty at best. It may be true to a degree that these 'expectations' are taken into consideration, but certainly not to the level of some people whining and demanding. None of the negative whining helps, and only serves as more useless shit they need to filter through to get any kind of meaningful feedback. In short, they don't give a fuck and will make the game correctly, not to the will of a million whiney, screaming babies. What many of these people need to learn is one simple fact: You are not fucking entitled, so get over it. Your opinion may matter, but you should know that it is exactly that, an opinion only, and does not dictate what, how or when the team should do anything. That is their job and not yours. I think many people need to change the way they look at their own expectations here.

I'm not directing this post to you specifically. I guess i'm just sick and tired of so many complaints and misunderstanding from the user base.

Anyway, i'm bummed that they couldn't figure out a fix for the rubberbanding issue, but i'm really happy they've identified the cause and are working to correct it. It is quite a pain in the ass to deal with. I'm hoping they can correct it in fairly short order. Best update out there so far, just that damn rubberbanding!

Edited by Gekkonidae
  • Like 2

Originally we planned to release the 0.45, currently on experimental branch, to stable today. However feedback from experimental identified a flaw in a newly designed system to handle player movement. This causes the server to, when faced with complex geometry, come up with a different acceptable pathing result than a client. When the server and client have differing states, the server “wins”. Therefore the place your client lets you go gets “reset” and you warp back to your position.

This is very frustrating as I am sure those testing on experimental will know. We know exactly the problem that causes this, it’s not a bug in a traditional sense but a problem with the approach we used. Currently that approach is being rewritten.

What we did do was merge in some changes to 0.44 that enhance security. There are some loopholes in the game that have not been utilizing our client-server architecture and we will continue to work on these to reduce the impact of hacking and exploiting in the game.

Please report any issues with the game to our feedback tracker.

Read on Tumblr

Security update also means " "removing Admin feature for admins to see Server Logs and BEC logs  and let cheaters easily walk around?. "

Can we have information regards of removal of the Server Logs and Bec Logs ?

I hope you will be able to provide the information.

Edited by =1PARA=Prime=C.O=

We are the customers.  We have paid money for a product and when our expectations are not met or we feel let down we rant, it's what we do as the human race.

If you read the many warnings you'd understand you are more like a supporter. You payed to play the Alpha, in hopes of it going somewhere.

They aren't letting down anyone; they're following through with what they promised, in a reasonable amount of time. 

What they are doing is making people impatient. There's a difference.

Edited by Very Ape
  • Like 2

Feel free to post in our pinned topic:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/6794-i-give-up-this-game-is-bull-i-want-my-money-back/

• Like 2

they should do a open free alpha or a very cheap one with "upgrade in the future" "if testing purpouses" are needed, most of the people are pissed because they paid $30 for a game that they event cant play (at the moment) yeah there was a reminder access but i dont get why they sold the game to all the world like that, i mean, the remainder will be the same forever and if someone buy the game like in 6 months he will be buying a totally different game like if you buy it today or 4 months ago, the thing is that a lot of people dont really know what kinda of "alpha" theyre buying and that is the real problem about the bitching on the socialnetworks because this particulary game have like really bad bugs that lot of people cant stand like others, plus theres a lot of hacking right now imagine just how a really new guy that never bought a buggy game or played arma series feel when he experiments all of the real shit, and let me say this lot of people buy this game because they see a popular streamers play and get a little fun, but when they buy the game its a different story they want those $30 back or the devs to update it fast and they come here to complain about that because the anger is so bad. just imagine yourself wasting 30 on a game that you wont play on a year or 5 months but the problem its because in fact the reminder is not that specific and the price and everything makes you think that its not that alpha shit you just dont imagine that the game its like 5% finished you need to pay those 30 and see for yourself that you wont like it like that. thats a humble opinion, by myself i experimented a lit bit of this because i was very very hyped about this game saw lot of videos streams etc but when i played it, it wasnt "that cool" to me i was kinda disapointed because i wanted to buy other games at that moment but i give it a try and i love this game but not really at this moment i imagine all the upcoming features and thats really why i love this game

Holy giant wall of text Batman, paragraphs are your friend. Ever tried to play battlefield 4? Dice had the nerve to ask 60 bucks for this game and then another 50 for premium dlc's and that is a "complete" game. We are well past launch for BF4 yet there are still many things broken in that game. At least Bohemia gave us all advanced warning that said we are paying $30 for an alpha build, not full price and then some for a game that should have never been allowed to leave the testing phase.

I am not sure I can decipher the rest of your post, maybe I've just smoked too much herb today. No one was duped into buying dayz, we all knew it wasn't complete...well most of us knew anyway

Edited by Tobias Winfro
  • Like 7

A 15 year old can code faster than these guys,  these guys release updates at a snail's pace.... god have mercy on our wallets.

• Like 8

1year+ for alpha, same or more for beta(thats what they said) and u complain after half a year

holy moly

A 15 year old can code faster than these guys,  these guys release updates at a snail's pace.... god have mercy on our wallets.

Please show me who, im interested.

Our wallets? Its gonna cost us money if they code slow?

Gotta go hide my wallet now.

• Like 1

Candidate for POST OF THE DAY right here folks... :thumbsup:

Give :beans:

• Like 11

Are you a Collingwood supporter by any chance?

• Like 1

Have to get my niece on that job, then. Surely the 600 bazillion the dev-team is making can be earned by my niece as well.

• Like 4

Candidate for POST OF THE DAY right here folks... :thumbsup:

Give :beans:

I nearly just spit coffee all over my monitor while reading this.

Warriors of dayz, hear me now! Quickly take arms behind your keyboards and vigilantly defend this game against all criticism!

Go outside for some sunlight for a change instead of waiting at your keyboards until, god have mercy someone actually critiques this game!!!

This game is balony, this community is salami.

Boneboys moderator of the week as one of the worst forum administrators.

Cheers guys.

Edited by vwarriorv
  • Like 2

I like pie!

Take your time fellas/gals. Looking forward to the new stable.

Warriors of dayz, hear me now! Quickly take arms behind your keyboards and vigilantly defend this game against all criticism!

Go outside for some sunlight for a change instead of waiting at your keyboards until, god have mercy someone actually critiques this game!!!

Cheers guys.

You should've backed out after your previous comment, you only made a bigger fool out of yourself lol.

Development is progressing quite well imo, the only thing I'm worried about is that they stayed loyal to Arma2 engine which has many hardcoded bugs (as well as amazing features ofc).. and each time they add or fix something, something else seems to break. It's just because the engine wasn't really made for it and they have to rewrite big chunks of it (as far as my coding knowledge goes). So I'm a bit worried about how this game will turn out to be half a year further from now.

My biggest concern is how zombies still suck so I'm really looking forward to see the navmesh thing in action, can't have a zombie survival game without actual zombies in it lol.. worried/excited for that patch. I love DayZ because of the roleplay and the great community it has, the "realism" it has.. but it's been hard getting real life friends to play because they don't understand how good the engine is and how good the game is, all they see are broken zombies clipping throught walls & floors but not the things that are really good about this game.

Edited by mrlaxx

Cheers guys.

Did he just find out the world does not circle around him?

Love it when they learn..

• Like 1