Sign in to follow this  
ASMS_Leader

burying loot! make the shovel useful :)

Just what the title says. Since so far we don't have tents, safes, or other ways to store loot how about being able to use those yellow boxes and ammo boxes to store things and the shovel to dig holes and bury loot? That'd be a great way add a bit of realism lol bc tbh never know when u might need that ammo for the gun u don't have or those extra cans of food....plus you forget where you buried your loot well....get to digging :)

• Like 7

Move this to sugestions or lock it. this is coming soon I think,

• Like 1

if they could implement that why not just give us tents while they're at it, they're both, if so, gonna use the same loot storing mechanics

• Like 1

I would bury bodies.

I would bury my newly acquired BeanZ and batteries from the bambi's i have made give to me. >:)

<-- please refer to my avatar. 

• Like 2

I like the idea, + beans!

However, I think there should be a small patch of loose dirt that indicated where your stuff was buried, so at least it would be possible for other people to come across your stuff but also make it possible to find something you'd hidden. The boxes are too small to hide any major weapons, but I guess you could go about burying 30 boxes of stuff, at the higher risk of someone coming across it.

• Like 1

However, I think there should be a small patch of loose dirt that indicated where your stuff was buried, so at least it would be possible for other people to come across your stuff but also make it possible to find something you'd hidden. The boxes are too small to hide any major weapons, but I guess you could go about burying 30 boxes of stuff, at the higher risk of someone coming across it.

Killed players drop a 'treasure map' if they buried loot! 

has been suggested more than 4 times already, I bet.

But a very good idea.

However, things like backpacks, improvised courier-bags, etc. should be bury-able, too.

(Just the animation, etc. needs to be longer, since burying a whole mountain-packpack takes some time...)

has been suggested more than 4 times already, I bet.

But a very good idea.

However, things like backpacks, improvised courier-bags, etc. should be bury-able, too.

(Just the animation, etc. needs to be longer, since burying a whole mountain-packpack takes some time...)

Killed players drop a 'treasure map' if they buried loot! 

I def agree with all these suggestions and would love to see it implemented....Imagine the poor bambi noob that buried some nice pristine attachments/ammo for a gun he didn't have, found said gun and made  his way(after some serious hardship) back to where he remembered burying it all only to find it have been dug up with a note left in its place reading "I.O.U- One box of awesome stuff. ~Signed- Happyasapiginmud" lol the heart break....the comedy. Very epic in my opinion.

• Like 2

That's brilliant idea, we really need some private secret space in game where can we hide our savings. I would love some system of camp building everywhere you want but this digging thing would be even better in some ways.

I def agree with all these suggestions and would love to see it implemented....Imagine the poor bambi noob that buried some nice pristine attachments/ammo for a gun he didn't have, found said gun and made  his way(after some serious hardship) back to where he remembered burying it all only to find it have been dug up with a note left in its place reading "I.O.U- One box of awesome stuff. ~Signed- Happyasapiginmud" lol the heart break....the comedy. Very epic in my opinion.

hahaha yes indeed the heart break would be too good but i like it

Yup this would make a great add on to the game.. But I would add that everyday your buried items get damaged if not taken out the ground.. Everything goes bad 1 day. And this would make player be able to follow you and maybe wait till your gone to raid your stuff. Permanently letting items live forever would make a lot of server lag.

Yup this would make a great add on to the game.. But I would add that everyday your buried items get damaged if not taken out the ground.. Everything goes bad 1 day. And this would make player be able to follow you and maybe wait till your gone to raid your stuff. Permanently letting items live forever would make a lot of server lag.

If buried in a bag or backpack, yes, but not a metal or plastic case. 

If buried in a bag or backpack, yes, but not a metal or plastic case. 

But metal will rust under the ground. Only protective cases would not get damaged. Even then it would eventually dry up and crack and the stuff inside would get ruined.

Plastic should last longer then metal. But not forever. So I agree maybe then they should degrade at a different rate. But They cant last forever that would ruin the games purpose. SURVIVE!!!

• Like 1

I think they should add those storing thing they got on overwatch, you use sandbags if i remember and then there is a hole and planks over it.

I miss the days of finding the perfect little camping spot and setting up my tent and storing extra guns and ammo. Then making "resource" runs into the cities or military installations when needed.

But then again, took away from the whole punishment of death...

But metal will rust under the ground. Only protective cases would not get damaged. Even then it would eventually dry up and crack and the stuff inside would get ruined.

Plastic should last longer then metal. But not forever. So I agree maybe then they should degrade at a different rate. But They cant last forever that would ruin the games purpose. SURVIVE!!!

Yeah deffinetely should have a degrade system on buried items if it is added or even if stored in general when storage becomes a thing in the hopefully near furture, of course depending on the type of storage it is. Ground buried items though should have a fast degrade unless buried in a protective case which as stated will take a little longer.

A suggestion for implementing from a programmers sight:

You could make various objects in the game have a sort of inventory. Let's say a tree. So one would "hide" his object (everything from pen to bagpack) in the "tree inventory" which would be burying it in real life.

This could apply to everything like traffic signs, walls of houses etc .. Digging holes i think would mean to implement a completely new system into the game maybe producing lot's of new bugs. With the previous method you would use well known and proved mechanism.

Generally user tents are a good idea but the fact that it's can be seen by any other player (is it true or are they invisible for everyone else?) leads to the wish of hiding my loot as i would in real life.

A suggestion for implementing from a programmers sight:

You could make various objects in the game have a sort of inventory. Let's say a tree. So one would "hide" his object (everything from pen to bagpack) in the "tree inventory" which would be burying it in real life.

This could apply to everything like traffic signs, walls of houses etc .. Digging holes i think would mean to implement a completely new system into the game maybe producing lot's of new bugs. With the previous method you would use well known and proved mechanism.

Generally user tents are a good idea but the fact that it's can be seen by any other player (is it true or are they invisible for everyone else?) leads to the wish of hiding my loot as i would in real life.

I could def see how that'd work but unless you needed something to get the "search" command to pop up...say have a crow bar or axe or shovel in hand.....would def be a worry to me that it'd be too easily found...even if the dug hole had dirt placed over it or some kind of fake covering....u could def find ways/places to hide that without someone just stumbling across it and being alerted by a "search" command lol I do like the idea though. As for the tents....even though you could see someone elses tents if you did a decent job you could almost entirely hide them.....especially by lowering them into the ground till only the point was sticking out lol. Some innovative in-game storage would be lovely though. Not saying a GI but somehow finding a way to make a "realistic" way for players to store stuff I just enjoy the thought of.

I could def see how that'd work but unless you needed something to get the "search" command to pop up...say have a crow bar or axe or shovel in hand.....would def be a worry to me that it'd be too easily found...even if the dug hole had dirt placed over it or some kind of fake covering....u could def find ways/places to hide that without someone just stumbling across it and being alerted by a "search" command lol I do like the idea though. As for the tents....even though you could see someone elses tents if you did a decent job you could almost entirely hide them.....especially by lowering them into the ground till only the point was sticking out lol. Some innovative in-game storage would be lovely though. Not saying a GI but somehow finding a way to make a "realistic" way for players to store stuff I just enjoy the thought of.

completely understand this and i would love to just use tents but i do believe digging a hole would be pretty fun for immersion.

Only if they change to a random spot as soon as the one who burried them is dead

Or what could h appen is after you die whatever you covered your gear with (ie: dirt, pallet, leave bed, tarp) will disappear when u die leaving the hole open and easier to see "UH OH better run your butt quickly before someone finds it on their own or they find it marked on the map u left on your corpse " :O.....

• Like 1

The problem with the "search" command popping up could be solved if every tree would have this symbol by default. I imagine the first people going into the deep woods and loot every tree hoping to find something ^^

Lowering the tents into the earth would be also fine for me. Generally i just would like it to be very hard for others finding the loot (but not 100% impossible)