Sign in to follow this  
Daemonkid

I had a funny idea.

What if instead of having a name for what each weapon is in the description, we remove the detailed descriptions and use generic weapon names like "Fully automatic rifle, Semi auto, Pistol ect."it should also omit the ammunition the weapon is chambered for. You have to figure out that on your own, hah.

Just another thought, some weapons in inspection have their caliber listed on it, so remove description keep the inspection option, and people have to look at their weapon and investigate it. 

Remember were survivors with no weapons training or much knowledge about these things so the detailed descriptions don't really need to be there..

Edited by Daemonkid
  • Like 1

One thing that would be cool is the ability to rename things in your inventory. For example, if you find a "fully automatic rifle" as you said, I could rename it M4A1.

• Like 1

Also a good idea.

Why does everyone assume we know nothing about firearms, or anything else that is remotely "technical"?

Its like we were just born, but somehow we survived a massive apocalypse that seemingly killed everyone else around except for somewhere between 1-99 others that are just like us.. I mean, wut...?  :huh:

• Like 1

It'd be a little too gamey, plus I don't think the devs would want to name both the AKM and M4A1 "select-fire rifle", it would just be weird.

However, on hardcore servers, I think it'd be very interesting to remove names & labels completely, so you'd have to identify everything you picked up through sight and inspecting it alone.

Just imagine; you've been infected by a deadly disease and you're racing against the clock to get to a clinic and get the antibiotics you need. You see a small bottle in the corner, and being in a rush without thinking, you take the small pills inside. After calming down, you read the label on the front only to discover it's poison, and die minutes later.

For hardcore servers, it'd be great, but I think keeping it as is would be best for regular servers.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

Why does everyone assume we know nothing about firearms, or anything else that is remotely "technical"?

Its like we were just born, but somehow we survived a massive apocalypse that seemingly killed everyone else around except for somewhere between 1-99 others that are just like us.. I mean, wut...?  :huh:

Oh it was a little jab at the folks who argue weapon dispersion is because we're unskilled survivors who know nothing. My little idea is just remove the labels, chaingun said it better than I did, but that's the general gist of what I was thinking.