Sign in to follow this  
Death By Crowbar

You hear someone say, "Hello?"

You're inside a building, and you hear someone say, "Hello?" You're melee weapon only geared.

What do you do?

1. Hide inside and don't give away your position?
  2. Run out the nearest exit and zig zag for your life?
  3. Come out and say / chat "Hello!" with one hand up (a friendly sign)?

I'd say I'm 50/50, well lately maybe 75/25 chances that the "Hello?" is not from someone interested in letting me live. Lately I've been running for my life.

I'd beat them to death with my melee weapon.

I whisper goodbye as I slip out the backdoor.

I always knew you were into back door action, Steak. >=)

You're inside a building, and you hear someone say, "Hello?" You're melee weapon only geared.

What do you do?

1. Hide inside and don't give away your position?
  2. Run out the nearest exit and zig zag for your life?
  3. Come out and say / chat "Hello!" with one hand up (a friendly sign)?

I'd say I'm 50/50, well lately maybe 75/25 chances that the "Hello?" is not from someone interested in letting me live. Lately I've been running for my life.

Personally, I would hit them back on direct coms, " hello, I'm friendly " because really, whats the worse that's gonna happen, I die, oh noes, not my melee weapon, because my fists aren't a hundred times better, as of late I've responded with some funny stuff like " you's got a purrdy mouth boi, why dontcha come on over here " in my southern voice, or sit in the corner with free look on, and when they come in start going spastic with the mouse and make zombie noises over direct, had a few people back off from that one, shot once, and one dude, laughed, said I was awesome and gave me some food.

• Like 2

Hide, if they have a gun try and slip away. If not then try and be friendly.

ಠ_ಠ

Edited by colekern

3. If they engaged conversation instead of stalking and waiting for me to go out to kill me, there's a good chance the survivor calling out is not hostile. I would take the chance. Makes things more interesting.

It depends on the situation and the possible ways out, if there are any.

If you're inside the prison upstairs and one or two fully geared bandits show up then I would answer their Hello with one or maybe ten hands in the air. The chance to catch a bullet is 92,75% so maybe a whispered Hello would help.

Inside the airfield tower I would lie down below the stairs and wait. Then I would try to move out and find a good place to hide and aim for them as they get out. ;)

Edited by TonyMahony

Since everyone is looking through the walls, esp if you are talking about a situation at the NEAF, they know where you are and that you have no firearm before entering the building. Thats why they enter carefree in the first place, you can not even bluff. That means staying in there is your doom. You gotta run!

from my encounters, i've never been killed by someone who said "hello" its always, "get on the ground" or "dont move"

I hear, "Hello?"

The first thing I do is arm my weapon.

Second thing is tell them to not move or I'll shoot (even if I can't see them)

Third thing I do is wait to see if they have a weapon raised.

Fourth thing I do is ask a simple question: "What are your intentions?"

Fifth thing I do is shoot if they move or if the answer to my question isn't what I want to hear.

I learned a long time ago to stop taking chances on people. <_<

I'm the one who knocks... uh... who says "Hello" :P

Did that yesterday... I was in an empty town, some of the doors were open so I figured, someone was here but is long gone... well he wasn't. Last house I planned on going through I sat in the entrance when I heard the revealing pop of a soda can in the adjacent room. All I had, really, was my axe. But I guessed he was alone and just tried my luck so I said "Hello?".

A few seconds later he came out with his M4 drawn but luckily he didn't shoot. He didn't say anything at first so I just kept talking "Don't worry, I'm friendly. Do you have anything to trade?"

He still didn't shoot and even lowered his gun, which was nice. We talked a bit, back and forth, from his accent I'd say he was French. He asked me whether I had 5.56 ammo - I only had an M4 but no bullets or mags for it so I declined and asked him in turn whether he had .22 ammo for my Amphibia. He declined, so in the end he ended up giving me the splint that I needed for my fracture (I'd been trying to find sticks but couldn't find any) and gave him a scope for that. K. Thanks. Bye. Have fun. Gone.

Went well ^^

• Like 1

You're inside a building, and you hear someone say, "Hello?"

I ask if it's me they're looking for.

• Like 3

I whisper "I'd love to see you naked come inside with me we can have fun time!" They always run away after that not even the most hardcore bandit will risk being naked in a room with me

Personally, I would hit them back on direct coms, " hello, I'm friendly " because really, whats the worse that's gonna happen, I die, oh noes, not my melee weapon, because my fists aren't a hundred times better, as of late I've responded with some funny stuff like " you's got a purrdy mouth boi, why dontcha come on over here " in my southern voice, or sit in the corner with free look on, and when they come in start going spastic with the mouse and make zombie noises over direct, had a few people back off from that one, shot once, and one dude, laughed, said I was awesome and gave me some food.

You remind me of that bandit Rhinocrunch.....

hmmm.....

Just got the game a four days ago, so I have a feeling I haven't had the KoS banditry engrained into my brain yet, but so far I have been incredibly friendly. Haven't held anyone up & anyone I've had the jump on, I usually say hello & ask if friendly before I show myself.

Although I did KoS a few people in the new town yesterday on experimental. I had already been shot twice in the back, as a fresh spawn though, so I was getting tired of being nice.

You remind me of that bandit Rhinocrunch.....

hmmm.....

Please do not ever compare me to him................