r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.1

I said the exact same thing before but here it goes:

A group of vanilla server rent a basic server with Unlimited Bandwidth and 1Gbps upload link (Both available at Vilayer) and host a MySQL DB server on it. Assign an instance number for each server (No need to change hosts) and change the DB options from the HiveEXT.ini and voila. All characters are available across servers, storage/vehicles are bound to each server instance. With the public hive dead, the team might help with some specfic features like a cooldown on grouped server, Day/Night cycle, anything.

You get full access, have the ability to do full backups, database cleanup events, etc. It needs some practice on how to set it up, and some intensive testing to make sure everything works perfectly like vehicle spawns and what not but the payoff is worth it.

All this really require good admins with good understanding and cooperation with rules set from the start ie only Vanilla, Unified settings, no modding except like bug fixes or w/e. Setup admin meetings to talk about for example new server applicants, share ban lists, etc. A decent CPU and RAM plus the 1Gbps link is not more than 75$ like overpricing so money shouldn't be a problem. If the thing is organized and a couple of the last standing public hives get together and take the initiative, I see more full vanilla private hives wanting to become a part of this.

• Like 2

I agree that setting up a Vanilla group with linked servers, good admins, and a quality community would be great. I know that US 434 has been reaching the 50 player limit most nights with some very regular players. There is also an influx of old players comming back, players bored with Standalone, and completely new players.

However, with all the changes to the Mod over time and the differences between the mod variations and Standalone, an updated wiki with updated locations and loot would be a great tool to help people out. So many new players on 434 are asking all kinds of questions in side chat that sometimes we can't keep up.

Please excuse my off-topic intervention, but this is so important to me that I can't resist.

Why is there nothing you/we can do about it? Please explain, I don't understand. Who hosted the hive? Why is it gone? Who had access to it? Why not create a new one? These are such simple questions, but so far I have been unable to find somebody that is willing or able to answer them... :(

From what I understand, the Public Hive was on the HFB servers and no longer under the control of BIStudios or any of the Mod developers. When HFB suddenly shut down, the hive files did to and no one has been able to get them back.

As for a new BIStudios Public Hive, why would they bother? There are still larger hive groups from the server providers like the DayZ.ST hive, but with very few Vanilla hive servers left it would be a cost and time waster. So some of us are looking at setting up a hive for a rew servers.

Also, anyone with more specific info (or corrections) feel free to reply with them.

Please excuse my off-topic intervention, but this is so important to me that I can't resist.

Why is there nothing you/we can do about it? Please explain, I don't understand. Who hosted the hive? Why is it gone? Who had access to it? Why not create a new one? These are such simple questions, but so far I have been unable to find somebody that is willing or able to answer them... :(

1/ Why is it gone? This is unknown we presume due to HFB shutting down but we haven't been given any info.

2/ Why is there nothing you/we can do about it? We don't have the funds or resources to manage another hive its not a drop and go system it needs daily maintenance something i don't have time to do officially but nothing stopping the community doing one.

3/ who had access to it? the only ppl i know about is myself/Ander(SQL access) then BIS/Dean(Root).

Under the current red tape no one else was allowed to have access to the db the sql tables was not allowed to be released nor any of the procs we used to stop some hacking attempts and spawning of vehicles. The current hive was a waste we don't have the resources or the access to do anything nor the permission to do any of the cleanups required to get the db back under control. So from our point we are pretty glad its gone now for you guys its crap it is gone but really you are better off doing your own type of hive. Where you can do backups and you do have better control.

As it is now the mod still has a ton of red tape we need to follow so again for our point of view its better the hive is gone and the community move to redo a new hive with more control.

As i say there is nothing stopping the community creating there own hive the only real difference is you get much more control then we ever did.

Update for 1.8.2 hum well still nothing so i guess its all about waiting again :-(

• Like 2

I don't understand (because I'm just a simpleton) why the update hasn't been released. As far as I can tell, the patch is ready, clean and working. It's got a giant stamp on it that says "Ready to Be Released to The Public!" however it's just sitting there. You submitted it to what's his face to review it (for god knows what reason) before it is released.

First off for my questions, why in the world does it need to be reviewed? If you say it's working and you've tested it and you're the publisher of MANY similar updates, wouldn't your word be enough to roll it out? Second what is causing such a huge delay? What's the process of "reviewing" a patch?

I mean no disrespect, but I'm just really curious why a good, stable release is just sitting in the hands of a group/single person and isn't released yet. Is it the process that takes a long time, or are they just not doing anything with it for some reason?

Every update has to be reviewed by BI before release not much to do about that, but the review part is already done from what I know.

Correct me if I'm wrong R4Z0R but it's the pushing of the update to steam thats not functioning and it's someone over at BI that takes care of that.

I don't care about the zombies, in fact I like them being faster/harder. I think you're right about the exhaustion having nothing to do with dayz, but it should've been fixed a while ago. It's been ignored completely and new client versions have not fixed it. Out of the 2 years I've been playing dayz it is the most annoying and game breaking bug yet, I just simply can no longer tolerate it.

I have fixed this issue for 1.8.2 over a month ago and posted about it on the Forum. There is no need to argue about it and get troll-esque about something that has been fixed already. Even though it has not been an issue on our end we tried fixing it regardless, which is more than you could expect from most other free modifications of games.

So, stop arguing and embrace that it has been fixed - we Dev's aren't trying to hold back the patch - we want to release it.

• Like 3

I don't understand (because I'm just a simpleton) why the update hasn't been released. As far as I can tell, the patch is ready, clean and working. It's got a giant stamp on it that says "Ready to Be Released to The Public!" however it's just sitting there. You submitted it to what's his face to review it (for god knows what reason) before it is released.

First off for my questions, why in the world does it need to be reviewed? If you say it's working and you've tested it and you're the publisher of MANY similar updates, wouldn't your word be enough to roll it out? Second what is causing such a huge delay? What's the process of "reviewing" a patch?

I mean no disrespect, but I'm just really curious why a good, stable release is just sitting in the hands of a group/single person and isn't released yet. Is it the process that takes a long time, or are they just not doing anything with it for some reason?

Thank you , for 3 weeks now i have been wanting to write this exact same thing but would just sit in silence as each weekend went by with no nothing. Hope it gets here already. Lets hope soon..

Every update has to be reviewed by BI before release not much to do about that, but the review part is already done from what I know.

Correct me if I'm wrong R4Z0R but it's the pushing of the update to steam thats not functioning and it's someone over at BI that takes care of that.

Correct its an issue with steam from the info im getting back. We just build the mod everything else is then down to bis we dont have access to do anything on steam. Over the past 2 years we have been over this so many times now.

All the community does is build the mod we have no control over anything else.

It would be nice to have the update out for the coming weekend, fingers crossed the issues with steam will be resolved.  Understandable that the Mod is not a priority of bis anymore, it's just great it has the support of the community devs that are continuing to work hard improving this much loved mod, cheers guys!!   

Edited by vandal gab

I have fixed this issue for 1.8.2 over a month ago and posted about it on the Forum. There is no need to argue about it and get troll-esque about something that has been fixed already. Even though it has not been an issue on our end we tried fixing it regardless, which is more than you could expect from most other free modifications of games.

So, stop arguing and embrace that it has been fixed - we Dev's aren't trying to hold back the patch - we want to release it.

I was told repeatedly that it WAS on BiS's end, and that it wasn't from 1.8.1, but from the Arma OA beta patch.  I wasn't arguing towards your team kichilron, but BiS. I'm glad it's fixed, but if the issue was indeed part of the OA beta patch then it should have been hot fixed much sooner than the 1.8.2 release. If the issue was with the 1.8.1 patch then there is nothing to argue about.

Edited by Borges

if the issue was indeed part of the OA beta patch then it should have been hot fixed much sooner than the 1.8.2 release.

Why are you arguing about that on here then? We as the DayZ Mod Dev-Team are in no way affiliated with BIS.

So steam is the issue than. That makes a lot of sense...

I mean, steam breaks at least 3 times a month for everyone who has it so I can see it breaking for devs too!

Jeez.

My only issue with steam is that it comes with steam...

• Like 2

Another 3 days.. Another weekend... ZERO... Please don't make me give up....

You do understand that this out of our hands? We're waiting on BI and nothing you say on this Forum will change anything about that process or how quickly it's going to happen.

You do understand that this out of our hands? We're waiting on BI and nothing you say on this Forum will change anything about that process or how quickly it's going to happen.

I do , But some of us have no lives except DayZ and 2 months ago your friends Teasing , well Steam F'ed up well try again tomorrow , should work , and here we are 26 days later.. I know you do it for free and if i could i would Pounce on you with a HUG , I wonder , Do you guys play the game ? or just work on it ?Because my Internet has been out before and i call these $%#$@# Like a trillion times a day and it gets fixed. I Wonder if you guys do that , Bother them untill there Head Pops off .. Or just go ok well wait till ya get back to us.. non Shalant.. Like i said +4 months and another weekend rolls by.. Lets wait for next Weekend , This Forum Post is almost getting as bad as ISS , a Dead game where people keep posting , WHERE's the new Update. But Thank you Germany for your responce.. at least, your bothering me and alive.. I know ya doing it for free. So respond away Teddy Bear :) As a Zombie addict , it just is frustrating to have an Amazing New update , and then tease us with the 1.8.2 :) But like you said , it's outta your Zombie hands , Sorry i Ranted , i just can't wait.. So excited .

Vodka and Watermelon party at my house when it goes live ..

Edited by LoveAffair

some of us have no lives except DayZ

Vodka and Watermelon party at my house when it goes live ..

Do you want me to dig your grave in your backyard or front?

Edited by Borges
  • Like 1

thats unrealistic. I don´t think that a infected human becomes godlike feets like usain bolt

I ONLY SAY:

264728_491519400875796_1891528835_n.jpg

This. ^^

Beauty of the game in it's current state you can never tell if a player has died from a zombie or human. Even the seasoned pros I have doubts when they die.

We've really enjoyed coming across player bodies in the woods that are fully geared (obviously not looted by a player that killed them).  Hunger, thirst, zombies, infection, there's so many ways to die in DayZ mod now.  =)

i've died once since the update (not because i'm pro but because i don't play much) and it was because of infection. i decided not to kill myself although i was near cherno and the struggle to survive was one of the best dayz experiences i've ever had. eating everything i found, searching the city for wipes/ABs like a mad man, passing out, waiting to go to the hospital because of players while passing out, careful to not aggro zeds because of passing out and so on... amazing.

i whish this value of the character would be given at any time and no easy sk cause kamenka spawn etc. was possible. only things i can think of to encourage hanging on to your life (probably poor ones) are a respawn timer (e.g. 15 min wait befor respawn after death) and/or not be able to loot your own body.

all in all i'm very happy whith the direction the mod is heading to. thx for the effort.

• Like 2