Sign in to follow this  
harven90

Is there a chat? how to know when Im about to die because I havent ate?

Hi, I just bought DayZ, and Im kinda lost.

I dont know where Im, or what Im doing since I dont seem to feel like in risk from zombies to say "What Im doing is actually survive from the zombies". I know this is alpha so just ignore the zombie part.

But, I wanted to ask, is there a way to chat? My english is not good, I speak spanish so its not that easy for me to speak it or understand it. I understand it alot more with the chat, of course, its easier. 

Also, is there a way to know when Im about to die?

And is there any plans to increase the capacity of servers? like to let more than 40 players play in the same server?

Thanks everybody...

You can tell if you are going to die by SPECIFICS. Such as dying from hunger/thirst. but by a gun is hard to tell, but I guess when your screen becomes white and blurry you will die or become unconscious soon unless you bandage.

1. There is proximity based chat. The default text chat key is /. There's also proximity voice chat. I think the default key is caps lock, but im not sure.

2. Your screen will get gradually get closer to black and white the closer you are to dying.

Also yes, there are plans to increase the max player count per server. There were 100 slot servers in the last experimental build and I believe the devs are aiming for even higher.

Ok thanks guys, Now I have a new question. Im REALLY LOST. I have NO idea where Im at!

When you go into inventory your hunger and thirst are represented as per below

Hunger/thirst

Bright green box - Max

dull green box - High

No box displayed - Med

Brownie/green box - Low

Red Box - Extremely Low and now your health will start depleting 

Ok thanks guys, Now I have a new question. Im REALLY LOST. I have NO idea where Im at!

Post a screenshot we will tell you.