karlkurtz32

Carrying 2 rifles in DayZ

Other than carrying a second rifle in hands and then having to drop it everytime you eat or climb something, why can't this be done?

Balance of the game, my friend.

• Like 3

I agree the game should have balance. Otherwise it wouldn't be fun to play. But you should be able to carry another primary at the expense of something else.

You can carry 2 rifles, 1 melee Weapon and a gun at once, what more do you want?

Who do you think you are? Rambo? Duke Nukem?

Edited by Raoul9753

You can carry 2 rifles, 1 melee Weapon and a gun at once, what more do you want?

Pfft... In Quake I can carry 10 weapons.

• Like 7

Should be able to duct tape one to your hat.

• Like 4

You can carry 2 rifles? I didn't know that. I tried carrying an M4 and an SKS and couldn't.

I usually carry a mosin, 2 pistols, a fire axe and a sawn off shottie - i think that is enough.

To date, I have been able to carry a melee, a rifle, two handguns and a shotgun along with all the related clips and quickloaders with zero concern over having to drop something to climb. If all of that isn't enough, you have some seriously bad aim or you are just being way too greedy.

You can carry 2 rifles? I didn't know that. I tried carrying an M4 and an SKS and couldn't.

You can have one rifle on your back and place another one in your hands. But as soon as you use your hands for anything else, you drop the rifle

Pfft... In Quake I can carry 10 weapons.

I give you beans just because your Avatar fit the comment so awesome^^

Before people get carried away, I didn't say I needed to carry 15 weapons or anything. I just mentioned carrying 2 rifles. And I only asked because when I tried to carry 2 M4's I wasn't able to. Which was either a glitch or something that should be changed. If you can carry a fire axe you should be able to drop it and grab another rifle.

Keep in mind,you may have limitations of how much stuff you carry on you.

But...patience is a virtue,because when vechicles make it in the game,you could easily take a truck,park it in the military base

load it up with 50 machineguns and start WW3.

So in conclusion when persistant storage comes into the picture,problem's solved.

Keep in mind,you may have limitations of how much stuff you carry on you.

But...patience is a virtue,because when vechicles make it in the game,you could easily take a truck,park it in the military base

load it up with 50 machineguns and start WW3.

So in conclusion when persistant storage comes into the picture,problem's solved.

Sounds like paradies for every Bambie who gets a lucky hit on you and steals you car keys xD

Well, balance needs to be present, but not being able to sling another weapon on your back in place of your 2h melee removes logic from the game. Logically, IRL, you can do it with no problem. And if anyone decides to say "Well it might weigh you down", it would be near the same weight if you had 1 rifle and 1 melee or 2 rifles.

Edited by Shadow134
  • Like 1

Well, balance needs to be present, but not being able to sling another weapon on your back in place of your 2h melee removes logic from the game. Logically, IRL, you can do it with no problem. And if anyone decides to say "Well it might weigh you down", it would be near the same weight if you had 1 rifle and 1 melee or 2 rifles.

Don't you know being logical on here is a sin? 

My point exactly. There are many times I would rather drop the axe and pickup a long range rifle.

Don't you know being logical on here is a sin? 

It's not about logic,it's about balance.Surely in the spirit of logic when not using a can opener dosen't mean that

every time you will waste some food,yet in DayZ it happens every time  :lol:  .

Other than carrying a second rifle in hands and then having to drop it everytime you eat or climb something, why can't this be done?

They should be getting around to doing this eventually. Craft a harness and there you go.

Balance of the game, my friend.

Thats a poor excuse. They could easily balance it by making your stamina wear out faster once they implement that and a weight system for carrying. I see no reason why you cant be allowed to carry 2 weapons with a crafted strap or something at the expense of a movement penalty.

I am recommending this for suggestions to upvote in the tracker.

• Like 2

002-4.jpg

• Like 4

I think the real problem with the two primary gun system is that you don't know that you dropped the weapon. The game never tells you. It's completely logical to have to drop a gun so that you can open a can of beans or climb a ladder, however, in real life you would realize this. In DayZ, you eat some beans or look through your binoculars and then get on your way, totally forgetting that you dropped a gun on the ground because there isn't an indication that you've done so.

Carrying 2 rifles should only be done with a hunting backpack that has a slot for it.

alps_commander_hunting_pack_removable_pa