Sign in to follow this  
Goucho

Regular Vs. Hardcore servers - What is the difference

Hi there can anyone let me know what the difference is between a regular server and a hardcore server plz.?

Maybe what you think are pros and cons for both?

Hardcore are first person only, no crosshairs.

I prefer hardcore because people can't cheese third person to see over wall and around corners.

Oh I'll tell you what the difference is. There is no such thing as "being a pussy" by peeking over corners and walls by using Third Person Perspective. You also don't have any "dot" to help you free aim at people.

Basically Hardcore gets rid of most big problems in 3PP.

Hard core is all pro's baby.

- Minimised wall glitching

- Buildings are a lot harder to camp

- Snipers are less reluctant to camp on roof tops

- You can hide in grass if you are within a hundred metres or so of another player

- People are somewhat friendlier

- More immersion

- Evens the playing field 

To be more long-term with my take on Hardcore. Sure, it's first person view; and you have to actually rely on line of sight not a hanging camera; for now.

However down the road Hardcore is planned for additional survival difficulties. So down the road sure it's first person only view - but it's also going to be more difficult for an array of other reasons. I can't begin to say with any certainty 'what' but it's been mentioned quite a few times it's going to be a lot different from what it is now.

If I had to guess, Hardcore will eventually make sicknesses easier to get and harder to get rid of, key items harder to find, zombies harder to kill, zombies appearing more often (once normal version of them is balanced anyway), injuries more fatal, who knows.

Oh I'll tell you what the difference is. There is no such thing as "being a pussy" by peeking over corners and walls by using Third Person Perspective.

No need to get yourself worked up.  Hardcore, IMHO is much more immersive and sets a known level playing field.  The pro's and con's will differ from player to player, its best for you to try for yourself and see what best suites your playstyle.

• Like 1

Thanx for the replies guys, seems interesting. Is there any difference in Health? Like has HC less health to start with?

Basically Hardcore gets rid of most big problems in 3PP.

Mainly, it gets rid of the whining 1PP elitists who say people playing 3PP are noob cheaters.

• Like 1

Mainly, it gets rid of the whining 1PP elitists who say people playing 3PP are noob cheaters.

Because, someone with an opinion that doesn't agree and threatens to balance out a video game are elitists by default?

Aware some people on both ends take it way to far, so suppose your right, we have our 1pp elitsts and 3pp elitsts. However in the end, doesn't change the fact 3pp has an advantage of a hanging back camera to look around corners without exposing yourself, no getting around the truth of it; and those who hate using third person are stuck at a disadvantage lest they go against what they actually enjoy.

What they do about it if anything is another matter entirely, but in the end this isn't the discussion for it and isn't even an appropriate answer for it.

Hardcore is not a first person only version of the game, it happens to allow only first person; but is intended to be a harder experience for a wide array of other reasons when it's finished. At the point where Hardcore mode is actually implemented as it's intended, the issues people have with third person is going to end up in the development spotlight so I'd suggest leaning toward the productive side and come up with actual reasonable solutions rather than the kneejerk reaction that anything they do to third person is going to ruin it.

Thanx for the replies guys, seems interesting. Is there any difference in Health? Like has HC less health to start with?

Not at the moment but in the future HC will get considerable changes compared to regular.

Hence why 3pp wall exploits will get fixed eventually.

Because, someone with an opinion that doesn't agree and threatens to balance out a video game are elitists by default?

Aware some people on both ends take it way to far, so suppose your right, we have our 1pp elitsts and 3pp elitsts. However in the end, doesn't change the fact 3pp has an advantage of a hanging back camera to look around corners without exposing yourself, no getting around the truth of it; and those who hate using third person are stuck at a disadvantage lest they go against what they actually enjoy.

What they do about it if anything is another matter entirely, but in the end this isn't the discussion for it and isn't even an appropriate answer for it.

Hardcore is not a first person only version of the game, it happens to allow only first person; but is intended to be a harder experience for a wide array of other reasons when it's finished. At the point where Hardcore mode is actually implemented as it's intended, the issues people have with third person is going to end up in the development spotlight so I'd suggest leaning toward the productive side and come up with actual reasonable solutions rather than the kneejerk reaction that anything they do to third person is going to ruin it.

This subject is beat to death and always devolves into 1PP players calling 3PP players cheaters for using an in-game mechanic that was designed to work the way it does. It isn't broken. The issue is when 1PP players decide they have the right to play on 3PP servers (which they do, of course) and complain that the 3PP players have an 'unfair advantage' (decidedly so); then start making demands to "fix whats broken in 3PP" (nothing is).

It boggles the mind to try and understand why on earth someone who prefers to play this game 1PP would ever entertain the thought of playing on a 3PP server knowing tha the 3PP player has the advantage. I do not buy the explanation that it's because the 1PP servers are empty, because they ARE the reason the servers are empty- they are playing in the damn 3PP servers! I am seriously befuddled why they want the devs to "fix" something in a game mode that they don't even want to play. It makes as much sense as forcing them to full-time 3PP camera mode when they join the 3PP server.

Oh shit, wait... thats actually a grand idea! If I hop on a 1PP server I am forced into 1PP for the entirety of my gameplay session... why shouldn't the inverse be true? Maybe then, they will stay on their own servers and quit bitching about the cheats we noobs like to use as a crutch- or else they will learn to use it as the tool it is meant to be.

Edited by Real Meatshield

This subject is beat to death and always devolves into 1PP players calling 3PP players cheaters for using an in-game mechanic that was designed to work the way it does. It isn't broken. 

You genuinely believe that glitching to look through solid walls, floors, and other obstacles was a game mechanic intended for use?

That probably warrants a thread all it's own.  And possibly an evaluation by a licensed medical practitioner.  

Playing hardcore means basically more fun, more immersion, less hackers, less glitchers, less whiners (e.g. people who play hardcore are able to press the ALT key), less KOS, more Z's (from my experience anyway) and stealth actually meaning a shit. Basically playing hardcore will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, much like chewing tobacco.  B)

Hardcore is where I hang out with my pudding.

Regular is where YouTubers and "cigarettes" play with their wall cheats. 

You genuinely believe that glitching to look through solid walls, floors, and other obstacles was a game mechanic intended for use?

That probably warrants a thread all it's own.  And possibly an evaluation by a licensed medical practitioner.  

You do realise its 10x easier to see through any wall in 1pp ;)

• Like 1

3PP servers - This is where your going wrong. There is not a 3PP server type nor is there a 1PP server type.

What there is, is Normal and Hardcore - Hardcore of which is intended to be more difficult in every way shape and form but NOT because of first person view; harder to survive in general because of the game mechanics like the potential for getting sick easier, hunger and thirst becoming more difficult to sate, zombie detection and 'health' boosted and loot spawns potentially lessened or god knows what else they come up with.

Which means when Hardcore is fully featured, those who prefer third person AND difficulty are going going to be shit out of luck entirely, those who prefer first person but NOT ungodly difficult - will also be shit out of luck as they'll be at a disadvantage to 3PP or be inclined to use 3PP regardless if they prefer it or not.

Now if the dev's WANT to split everyone up into a system of having 1PP Normal & Hardcore + 3PP Normal & Hardcore servers all separate then I suppose all is well. But I wouldn't say nobody plays on the Hardcore servers; plenty do - not as many - but that can also be attributed to the fact it's called hardcore. I know I didn't want to play on hardcore for quite a long time till after I took the time to look up what it means in DayZ at present.

Now that I'm experienced I won't mind it down the road when hardcore is revamped, maybe. But one things for certain, since I like both perspectives it'll no doubt suck to not have the option to use third person in the hardcore difficulty just as much as it'll suck to know NOT using third person on normal servers particularly to get a glimpse around corners and walls are putting me at a tactical disadvantage.

But eventually hardcore will have it's intended features, and then we will be in the position of the above : splitting everyone up across four play-types : those who enjoy the normal mode or the hardcore mode, and then among those - those who prefer 1pp and those who prefer 3pp. Will that really happen? I highly doubt it, BI isn't going to split the community THAT much - therefore BI is going to be stuck in a position to either modify 3PP to be on the same playing field by having a line of sight function or some other method that the community comes up with; or side with the 3PP viewpoint and kill off 1PP almost entirely.

That's my point, productive responses and fighting for equality between both sides is the best if not only option, or we may see a day where DayZ doesn't even have a third person option anymore - or just a first person option few care to use because of the disadvantages it brings with it. I certainly know as much as I like both, I am compelled to use third person far more in normal mode to stay on a even playing field. 

Any case.. not posting further on this so take it for what you will, not the forum thread for it precisely; but it still needed to be said for the sake that Hardcore will eventually hold it's namesake and be vastly more difficult than Normal mode; something to keep in mind all around no matter which perspective you prefer to use. 

Edited by AzrailCross

Which means when Hardcore is fully featured, those who prefer third person AND difficulty are going going to be shit out of luck entirely, those who prefer first person but NOT ungodly difficult - will also be shit out of luck

This is so true, and part of the reason I wish 1pp was still just a server setting. Make the difference in hives be a gameplay based one using modified hunger thirst values ect  :(

EDIT - Or even keep it as it is and just make the gameplay harder across the board

Edited by Karmaterror

You do realise its 10x easier to see through any wall in 1pp ;)

Nope, no it's not.

Nope, no it's not.

I loot and shoot in 1pp.....whenever im running round house interiors and I press against a wall....I see through it....not every single wall, but most of the new interior ones.

Im talking about through though, not around with the 3pp camera. Hell 1pp will let you see through some floors lol,  just prone and roll.  Apparently its a camera clipping issue though and will be fixed for both perspectives :)

I loot and shoot in 1pp.....whenever im running round house interiors and I press against a wall....I see through it....not every single wall, but most of the new interior ones.

Im talking about through though, not around with the 3pp camera. Hell 1pp will let you see through some floors lol,  just prone and roll.  Apparently its a camera clipping issue though and will be fixed for both perspectives :)

I know exactly what you are talking about and in 3pp it is even worse than that. You can look through entire buildings lol

I know exactly what you are talking about and in 3pp it is even worse than that. You can look through entire buildings lol

Oh jeeze that sounds bad lol, il try it in 3rd later, never did a bug tracker about it in 3rd but I upvoted the one for 1st cos it effects me all the time. Itl take all the sense of achievement from a kill if I accidently end up seeing someone this way.

I guess in 3rd it doesn't give a direct view through the wall in front, with the camera being so far back, sort of have to be at the right angle to move it through. At least that's something lol

I cant wait for them to fix it up and make people start playing properly :(

fuck who opened this can of worms if people just answered the question and not give there own bullshit opinions these sorta threads would be fine but as usual folk who play on normal servers are classed as cheaters etc .

Hmmm seems to me that you can glitch through with the camera just as easily in 3rd person as you can in first, so your weak attempt at an argument is invalid.

Me being crazy has nothing to do with camera glitching so I wont even touch on that.

The way I see it, Hardcore servers is intended more so for those who see this as strictly a pvp game.. it makes close quarters combat quite a bit more balanced.

If youre like me, where you can play for 4 hours and maybe have a chance to interact with another person in about 10 minutes of that time, it really makes no difference which you play and is all just preference. I play hardcore and normal and in both, the only time I die is from someone I dont even know is around. And thats only maybe a 1/4 of the times that i actually encounter another player.. The rest has been pretty easy going.

Personally now though I play normal more.. Scavenging just seems like a pain in the ass with only first person view(love the top of lockers that you cant get the item off of -.-). That and I enjoy looking around a bit more(to me) with a better perspective. Granted you deal with people who like to just pvp and will sit in buildings and just wait looking over walls and such in Normal.. But its a very rare occasion... Personally I think people come on here and bitch when they die and use that as a excuse :P Like i said, equally on both servers Ive been killed out of nowhere quite the same..

Maybe when they actually start making the environment much harder in hardcore I will enjoy hardcore more. Seemingly though, I dont know what it will be.. I know they said its definite that guns and ammo(as well as other items) will eventually be made extremely rare. But I think thats intended for all servers.

Edited by cels

Hardcore is where I hang out with my pudding.

Regular is where YouTubers and "cigarettes" play with their wall cheats. 

No matter how well you're trying to disguise it, the use of that particular word is completely inacceptable. Member warned and suspended.