piggypotpie

FPS hills and valleys

Need some help. Just bought a new rig: AMD 9370 8 core and gtx 770 gpu. plenty of memory and RAM.

In game I'm getting crazy spikes and lows in my FPS. While sitting still and staring off into one spot my FPS will go from somewhere in 40-60's down to 13-9 in thirty second intervals. I've disabled Norton, made sure there was anything drawing power on my CPU, made DayZ a high priority and disable al;l the use in-game issues. I've tried with Arma3 and same issues, but not with single player games

Anyone have any ideas? (keep in mind I'm moderately PC handicapped) Super stressed as I bought this machine to improve my performance not make it worse

Also: ALPHA

optimization comes later.

Disable VSYNC and other shenanigans you probably wont Need.

Need some help. Just bought a new rig: AMD 9370 8 core and gtx 770 gpu. plenty of memory and RAM.

In game I'm getting crazy spikes and lows in my FPS. While sitting still and staring off into one spot my FPS will go from somewhere in 40-60's down to 13-9 in thirty second intervals. I've disabled Norton, made sure there was anything drawing power on my CPU, made DayZ a high priority and disable al;l the use in-game issues. I've tried with Arma3 and same issues, but not with single player games

Anyone have any ideas? (keep in mind I'm moderately PC handicapped) Super stressed as I bought this machine to improve my performance not make it worse

>using Norton

get malwarebytes and microsoft security Essentials (or likewise)

Turn off vsync, lower render distance etc.

Edited by Gabe Newell

I have disabled all the suggested option ie antialsing, vsynche, etc. 

Some things I can think of are adjusting your power setting to high performance.. ensuring your GPU is set up properly.. You really should not have strange ups and downs like that if you're not even moving. Hit some PC forums and ask for help there, like http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum-33.html, etc.

• Like 1