Sign in to follow this  
ClashME

No more whining

Hello everyone.

//I am not a native english speaker, so please forgive my childish writing//

I want to give all my beans to the devs.

All the time on this forum I see mostly whining people, KOS is bad, Zombies are too weak, Zombies are too strong, Too easy to find loot, Too hard to reach end game and blah blah, please mommy help, I am crying!

Today I logged in after several weeks/months, and expected the same game as everytime before:

- Get spawned, Get loot, Get shot. -

So I had chosen an nearly empty server with good ping, spawned near Berezino and began my journey. Even though I hadn't met any other players for two hours of playing, I enjoyed every single second of it.

At first: The zombies

For the first time (not counting my first character) I had to run from zombies. They are finally an opponent, and not just some guys who just don't stop being irritating. I tried to knife one, but it just won't die. I was bleeding, my screen was all grey and he was just running, hitting and bitting. So I sacrificed my check shirt, bandaged and continued on scavenging.

Second: The Loot and the Atmosphere

All the time it was raining, and with new door respawn system, i was kind of scared all my way through Berezino. I found some clothes, food, SKS in the Police station, !2! .22 rounds and a hatchet. All houses in town scavenged and I found 1 weapon and two uselles rounds. That was awesome! I really felt kind of defenseless, so I had to trust to my rusty "Badly Damaged" hatchet (Which i then exchanged for worn one). Then I remembered that there are new places with loot, including "Helicopter crash sites", so I went north for a Heli near the ship.

I was pretty excited when I saw an M4 inside the Heli. So excited that I lost all my fears and just ran, crouch, just get that shiny piece of metal! Then, I realized that I am not alone. There was three zombies, two of them military type, and they were hungry. I nearly s**t myself in that moment!

Third: Gameplay

Long story short, it was very tough fight. Not just one hit to rule them all like before, it tooked me about 3 minutes to kill them. And I have to say, I am lucky that I even survived. It felt like old boss fights from games like castlevania - Run, try to hit, RUN, dodge, RUN!! Absolutely awesome. I couldnt aim for the head in all that chaos, so thats why it took me that long to finish them.

Some of you can say that I am just a noob and a newbie. Maybe you're right, but I don't play this game for the same reason like you. I play for fun and joy and some post-apocalyptic "experience".

So after writing my soul out and finally getting calm, I want to say:

Thank you devs. Keep up all that good work!

Bye, Clash

• Like 17

I didn't even bother reading your post, this game is in alpha, this is a forum. We're supposed to complain ya dingus.

• Like 6

I didn't even bother reading your post, this game is in alpha, this is a forum. We're supposed to complain ya dingus.

if you had read it then you would have known that he isn't actually whining or complaining, or even moaning about people doing such things 'ya dingus'

• Like 1

if you had read it then you would have known that he isn't actually whining or complaining, or even moaning about people doing such things 'ya dingus'

These threads pop up every 2-3 days, I'm done reading them.

Wait... Helicopter Crash Sites? What?

Not random like in the mod, but you can find at least one crashed helicopter out in the woods, and it now spawns loot. You can find it several hundred meters west from wrecked cargo ship :)

Then, why are you even bothering to write comments on something you don't know anything about? You just see wall of text, say f**k that whiner, lets troll a bit and then go away? And even if my post is, just like you say, "the same every 2-3 days", explain me please why can't anyone make a thread to give his thanks to the devs, when there every day are at least 10 whining posts about how the game is bad and how people want their money back?

• Like 3

Second: The Loot and the Atmosphere

All the time it was raining, and with new door respawn system, i was kind of scared all my way through Berezino. I found some clothes, food, SKS in the Police station, !2! .22

Bye, Clash

did I miss this in the notes? what new door respawn system?

I don't know about that theres a load more "whys game still broken" threads. Its nice to read some positive feedback once in awhile.

• Like 3

did I miss this in the notes? what new door respawn system?

I guess I wrote that bad, but from some update, when server starts, all the doors are closed or opened at random, so you can't really say if anyone looted the town you just came to :)

Glad your enjoying it but 3 mins to kill the zombies?

You can still one hit them in the head with an axe, and kill them easily with your fists in first person

Not to mention that because food is so common, you can get healthy status and restore your health to maximum in about 10mins if you just eat and drink constantly

I fail to see the challenge in this seeing as zombies do next to zero damage and you can outrun them anyway and shooting them doesn't really matter as only a couple spawn which you can easy take care of

I was involved in a fight for 3 hours with another group and not a single zombie aggroed to our shots, so you can just shoot them really

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

I guess I wrote that bad, but from some update, when server starts, all the doors are closed or opened at random, so you can't really say if anyone looted the town you just came to :)

ahhh, I guess I had missed it then, didn't realise that.

Nice one @clashME, there are no zombies in this game, only infected which are living breathing people.... so being able to hack at them all day without killing them actually makes no sense whatsoever

No they're not. Every door is always in the exact same position when the server restarts. Some of them have always been open, most of them have always been closed.

Also, the zombies are still a joke. The melee system is monumentally bugged which lent a false sense of epic to your zed duels.

• Like 1

If you DO NOT read the posts,why are you even commenting in the thread then ?

some of you Die hard DayZ Fanboys are just too much LOL

If you DO NOT read the posts,why are you even commenting in the thread then ?

some of you Die hard DayZ Fanboys are just too much LOL

I'm far from a fanboy. 

I'm far from a fanboy. 

No I have to say you are one, a bloody ignorant one at that. Any ways yeah nice to see positive feed back I finally started playing standalone once again this week and I see lots of improvements but still it is far from complete hope they can get more things soon.

• Like 1

No I have to say you are one, a bloody ignorant one at that. Any ways yeah nice to see positive feed back I finally started playing standalone once again this week and I see lots of improvements but still it is far from complete hope they can get more things soon.

we+aight+then+_2d6b6147c878200226a650ea3

• Like 1

You only found 1 gun in Berezino? Look under the blue wagons/carts. There's a weapon (both melee and ranged) in almost all of them.

The zombies respawn, so try not to kill the ones that don't run after you. Walk behind them.

Not random like in the mod, but you can find at least one crashed helicopter out in the woods, and it now spawns loot. You can find it several hundred meters west from wrecked cargo ship :)

Oh really? Never seen that one. Thanks :)

As alpha-testers we have to play, test, and reports bugs. Not complain for major issues that everyone knows, almost the Devs. Can you see the difference ?

As well, i m not an anglish native speaker

Edited by Ludz

oh didn't know thta was actaully in game thx. :)