Sign in to follow this  
TheRealDen

Project 35: Clean the Server List

Okay guys, here we go:

Since i play DayZ i always think aboutwhat every player thinks when he died. How do i gear up fast? Let's go to the server list and sort the servers with the lowest people on... and what do you read?

"Clan Members only"

"Join= Kick"

"Test Server, reset character"

"privat server"

and so on. You know it. I mean: yes. If you have a server, i can understand you name it this way, you pay for it. But it is not only frustrating people who think "oh wow there is a nearly empty server lets loot up!" and get kicked right after joining, it is even against the official rules. Let's think about you finally geared up and want now some action? You come on a server, you finally see someone on the airfield, you may show him your weapon clearly and before you can perform any action, you got allready kicked. oh yes, there was something in the title:

"pve only"

"no kill on sight"

"be friendly, no human kill"

"only kill zombies"

and stuff. what the fuck? Since when a server owner decide how you play? This is not allowed to do so and after several weeks of playing i started to hate these people, but what to do?

Well we are on a pretty accurate thing now, we actually do scan at least one day a week for all public servers hosting dayz standalone, in the future this will be automatic and optimized.

We decide keywords, always looking for new ones, containing things like "pve", "kos", "only" and stuff. Of curse, when the scan is completed, we manually check every single server, if the name is against the official rules. After that, we have a nice list of about 60 servers that got directly in a mail to all 5 serverhosters. Here we will testing how to detect the server hoster with the ip to do less stress for the support.

But it works, no joke. All Servers scanned are in our database with name, previous name and ip and we add some values like "confirmed" "good/bad" "reported" "changed" and stuff. And of the first 120 servers we reported in 2 days, almost the half of them changed their name allready in some acceptfull things.

We keep on going and will now look for some other problems: the admins on servers, who kick you without warning and stuff, how to properly report this abuse.

If you have feedback or some ideas for us, just go ahead and tell us :)

• Like 1

Well we are on a pretty accurate thing now, we actually do scan at least one day a week for all public servers hosting dayz standalone, in the future this will be automatic and optimized.

We decide keywords, always looking for new ones, containing things like "pve", "kos", "only" and stuff. Of curse, when the scan is completed, we manually check every single server, if the name is against the official rules. After that, we have a nice list of about 60 servers that got directly in a mail to all 5 serverhosters. Here we will testing how to detect the server hoster with the ip to do less stress for the support.

But it works, no joke. All Servers scanned are in our database with name, previous name and ip and we add some values like "confirmed" "good/bad" "reported" "changed" and stuff. And of the first 120 servers we reported in 2 days, almost the half of them changed their name allready in some acceptfull things.

So, you report servers, people pay for that guys like you can play the Game?

I own a Server with a "be friendly" in its name, don't kick any people when they KoS somebody, paying 70 Euro/Month and People like you thank this with reporting Servers whose Names aren't that what you want to read?

Man,either you are really bored or really fucked up in your Brain..

But yeah, keep reporting Servers since there is no one left to play on.

Then you can rent your own Server, pay Money every Month and name it like you want.

I allways see People here bitching about Admins who abuse their Rights on the Servers witch they paying for. But only saw one tiny Thread where Admins discuss about how to deal with Cheaters, Exploider and such things. But hey, we have to accept all this Scum on our Servers because we don't have one single fucking Adress to report suchs A-Holes who abusing Game Mechanics or cheating.

I hope that Bohemia will loosen up their Rules soon, that Admins become more Rights for what their paying for..

Can't understand People like you and don't want to understand people like you..

I could really puke when I read something like this..

• Like 1