Sign in to follow this  
OnePersian

M4 Silencer

EDIT - DayZwiki says it reduces recoil, unsure to what degree.

They're wrong. Last time I checked. It did the same thing as a bipod except you didn't have to be prone.

as for silencers making a weapon subsonic without subsonic ammo, thats pure tripe.

We already have a gun that does that with porting.

Hh7MFNq.png

Tells you right in the owner's manual:

" ...we recommend for the best sound reduction, power & proper function the use of Remington or CCI high velocity 40gr or 36gr hollow point... ******DO NOT USE SUB-SONIC AMMUNITION****** "

lol and all silencers in the game should be useless untill they put sub-sonic ammo into the game ,doubt they've even thought about it. Regular ammo used with a silencer is just as loud as without it after several shots. Might aswell use a taped on plastic gallon milk jug.

Useless?

I wonder why you see militaries issuing suppressors with 5.56 and 7.62 rifles, even .338 Lapua Magnums and .50 BMGs? Since way back in Vietnam? Without any subsonic ammo? I guess all those companies advertising "30-35 dB suppression levels" are lying and the reviewers' decibel-meters are wrong. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

They're wrong. Last time I checked. It did the same thing as a bipod except you didn't have to be prone.

We already have a gun that does that with porting.

Hh7MFNq.png

Tells you right in the owner's manual:

" ...we recommend for the best sound reduction, power & proper function the use of Remington or CCI high velocity 40gr or 36gr hollow point... ******DO NOT USE SUB-SONIC AMMUNITION****** "

Useless?

I wonder why you see militaries issuing suppressors with 5.56 and 7.62 rifles, even .338 Lapua Magnums and .50 BMGs? Since way back in Vietnam? Without any subsonic ammo? I guess all those companies advertising "30-35 dB suppression levels" are lying and the reviewers' decibel-meters are wrong. :rolleyes:

again somebody who talks about it like they read it on a webpage....

Gee Mister, if you say $1,500 suppressors provide the same effects as taping on a soda bottle, it must be true! I suppose they're just on there for looks. Someone needs to tell these guys to remove them!

l7FYGd9.jpg?1

BvPqzYA.jpg?1

• Like 1

Gee Mister, if you say $1,500 suppressors provide the same effects as taping on a soda bottle, it must be true! I suppose they're just on there for looks. Someone needs to tell these guys to remove them!

l7FYGd9.jpg?1

BvPqzYA.jpg?1

the plastic bottle works for one shot....its a tactic taught in SEER training and it works son :)

Edited by Karmicdebt

Threads like these make me question why I even peruse these forums for useful information.

• Like 4

It's also taught on youtube Karmicdebt. Stop acting as if only military people know anything. I thank you for your service to our country but, that doesn't dismiss the fact you're a douche. Read the quote in your own signature...

Edited by escobert
  • Like 1

It is true, suppressors, contrary to popular belief, don't actually silence the weapon. They muffle in the way said above; by lowers the decibels, although it is still loud. You can look up plenty of videos on YT I'm sure that show the difference. It's a big difference, but not quiet in any way shape or form. I'd imagine the military uses them to try to hide their gunshots for as long as possible, as in the case of the sniper rifles, you probably won't hear the shot very well from three quarters to a mile away, which would come in handy.

I've seen people shoot them before, and they are louder than you'd think, but bearable and there is a good reason to use them.

It's also taught on youtube Karmicdebt. Stop acting as if only military people know anything. I thank you for your service to our country but, that doesn't dismiss the fact you're a douche. Read the quote in your own signature...

look son I really try to rely on my own experience other than what people try to tell me.

Unless youve dealt with it in person and just read it somewhere you really know very little.

no one has issued insults up to now except you, pot kettle black much? 

as for the qoute, havent called myself either elite or wise so whats your inane point?

Edited by Karmicdebt

look son I really try to rely on my own experience other than what people try to tell me.

Unless youve dealt with it in person and just read it somewhere you really know very little.

no one has issued insults up to now except you, pot kettle black much? 

as for the qoute, havent called myself either elite or wise so whats your inane point?

dude just stop embarrassing yourself 

Edited by hooligan

dude just stop embarrassing yourself 

lol son not embarrassed at all fully at home with what I know,contribute  to the topic 

or gtfo m'kay?

Compensators will reduce spread on the mosin.  As mentioned above they're similar to a bipod, without needing to be prone.

Bipods make a big difference btw, just make sure you deploy it.  A damaged compensator is still better than none as well.

Use both.

Compensators will reduce spread on the mosin.  As mentioned above they're similar to a bipod, without needing to be prone.

Bipods make a big difference btw, just make sure you deploy it.  A damaged compensator is still better than none as well.

Use both.

I have never noticed a difference between using a compensator and not using one. Could be just me vov

Oh no, you didn't just try to argue with Gews did you?

And stop calling people son. You sound like a douche when you do.

• Like 1

Oh no, you didn't just try to argue with Gews did you?

And stop calling people son. You sound like a douche when you do.

yes, I did. What you think I sound like to you son is of no consequence.

I have never noticed a difference between using a compensator and not using one. Could be just me vov

You're only going to notice a difference at really long ranges, as the mosin is pretty accurate regardless.

yes, I did. What you think I sound like to you son is of no consequence.

Ok we get it you are a douche.

You're only going to notice a difference at really long ranges, as the mosin is pretty accurate regardless.

Not even at long ranges. vov

Hello.

I dont want to join in on the dick measuring contest here, but ive got some experiene with silencers too. Not with 100.000 weapons like mr.douce got here, but with 2-3 weapons in all.

First off, im no expert at all, just got some thoughts around the subject individually. The three weapons ive used with a supressor is glock 22, .22 small game and the HK MP7, military modded.

No matter how good your supressor is, you will hear he shot. The common mistake is to think a supressed weapon wont make any sound, which is not entirely true. The glock 22 doeast break the supersonic speed, and by that it doesnt really make that much noise compared to alot of other weapons. Still you need to protect your ears while shooting.

Now, if we use the MP7, you will get through the supersonic wall as the muzzle speed of the bullets leaving the weapon have an outrageous speed. Still, using a supressor without subsonic ammunition with bring the noise down, not sure how much, but its noticeable if you have shot alot. Might actually be that the sound is different than without a supressor too.

but with a .22 it all changes. Im in a weapons club from time to time, and we got this crazy american who im sure got a personal weapon arsenal at his home. Each time i see him, he got a different weapon in his briefcase. He had a modded sight and rail on his .22 which he used to hunt small-game. He had a integrated supressor on the weapon because he hunted on illegal grounds. When he was to fire the rifle, he didnt need the earclocks, because the sound was incredibly low. However, as eager as i was, i went to the target of practice on the range which was 150 meters and could not hear the shot at all. Later i moved to the 100meter mark, and could just about hear the whiff from the gun in a distance. I would have no idea where the bullet came from, only where it landed.

the point:

No matter what gun you are shooting, you will hear the shot at some level. Depending at what type of gun, lengt of barrel, kind of supressor and size of the ammunition, the DB will vary and the sound will change. You can get a gun to sing for 2-4kilometres, but you can also not hear a gun from 150 metres.

anyone else got any cool supressor stories? I'd love to hear! :-)

Thanks for reading :-)

I have a cool suppressor story: last night my wife was giving me sass so I put my sock in her mouth.

But seriously, I think what would best solve this argument is the removal of the M4. :3

Edited by Grimey Rick
  • Like 2

i realise this is the m4 silencer thread so im not gona mention sks supressors, and wonder if they will be in game in future

Has anyone tried the M4 suppressor at night? Curious if it cuts down muzzle flash in alpha yet. I don't run with an M4 so no idea.

As for the silencing effect on firearms by a suppressor a factor in the overall noise heard by the shooter depends on how the round is chambered and ejected. Suppressors can be fitted to various weapons, but the design of the gun and type of ammunition has more to do with how silent it will be. For something like $70 you can get an adapter for oil filters to turn one into a fairly effective suppressor.

While we discussing attachments. I have found many standard weapon flashlights but haven't figured out how to add them to the M4. My FNX also has a working pistol flashlight.

It would be great if these were patched so we could hit the 'L' Key to toggle them on/off , Or be able to add them to the quickbar to toggle our lights on and off. Rather than having to go into our inventory every time.

Similar, the 'T' Key to change fire semi/auto could do with an indicator to know if you've toggled it correctly, as it always defaults to auto if you change gun. So next to the zeroing could be a little S (semi) or A (Auto).

Having made and tested quite a few suppressors I'll put my 2 cents in.

They only turn down the volume.period. It is still auditable ,to what degree depends on a few factors...ammo,bore, etc.

Downrange on the receiving end its MUCH harder to tell where the shots came from. In some cases the shot wasn't even heard, only the wizzing of the bullet as it passed by.

OH and the adapter for the oil filter suppressor...it works! I mean...its only intended for cleaning your gun and catching the oil runoff...*as if*

That is NOT using it for its intended purpose.

(Works great for shooting rabbits out your backdoor without alerting the whole neighborhood)

If you find a magazine for the .22 pistol you don't need  the M4 suppressor to work (yet). I'm sure it'll have a purpose in the future, same goes for the pistol suppressors.

I'm not buying that that one guy ever served in the military. He of all people wouldn't be calling it a silencer if he had.

While we discussing attachments. I have found many standard weapon flashlights but haven't figured out how to add them to the M4. My FNX also has a working pistol flashlight.

It would be great if these were patched so we could hit the 'L' Key to toggle them on/off , Or be able to add them to the quickbar to toggle our lights on and off. Rather than having to go into our inventory every time.

Similar, the 'T' Key to change fire semi/auto could do with an indicator to know if you've toggled it correctly, as it always defaults to auto if you change gun. So next to the zeroing could be a little S (semi) or A (Auto).

You need the RIS (Rails instead of the plastic or magpul hand guards) in order to use the standard weapon flashlight on the M4

If you find a magazine for the .22 pistol you don't need  the M4 suppressor to work (yet). I'm sure it'll have a purpose in the future, same goes for the pistol suppressors.

I'm not buying that that one guy ever served in the military. He of all people wouldn't be calling it a silencer if he had.

when maxim invented it he trade marked it a silencer thus the name stuck.

its an accepted name for it as for you not believing, another thing of no consequence :)

Edited by Karmicdebt