Sign in to follow this  
sokiwi

Dayz lags with good specs HELP

Hi

I bought dayz a week ago and have already played 40 hours I love the game but I i only get 10 frames on my desktop (Which has great specs) and I get 20 frames on my laptop (Which has decent specs) I am really confused because every game I play on my desktop I get 60+ frames on good quality setting but on dayz i get 10 frames if i am lucky on very low quality settings. I have tried everything lauch options graphic options and changing the .cfg files.

Desktop specs

OS WIndows 7

RAM 8 GB

Processor    Intel® Core i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

64 bit

Graphics is Nivida

If you know why this is happening or if the game is just not optimized for my specs Please help i really want to play this game properly and get a fighting chance against bandits

Mind telling us the exact graphics card you have?

It says when i type dxdiag in run Intel® HD Graphics but i am sure i have a nivida gfource

It says when i type dxdiag in run Intel® HD Graphics but i am sure i have a nivida gfource

Go to: Manage Devices > Display Adapters

Sorry but where do i go to find that and i looked at the space on my hardrive and found that i had 300 GB free out of 900 and I manged to nearly clear 300 GB of my hardrive and that still did nothing (now i am at 580 free Gb).

Edited by sokiwi

here it is Intel® HD Graphics and NVIDEA Geforce GT 640

Is there something i can do to fix this or is it just not optimized in the game yet?

please help

Its very unoptimized currently bt here are a few things you can do

1: buy an SSD if you currently do not have one and install your OS and DayZ onto it

2: Upgrade your graphics card to a gtx 650/750 or above

3: upgrade your CPU. To whatever you can afford thats better than your current one, i suggest i7 4770k and overclock it if you can, remember dayz is single thread so AMD wont run dayz very well but they do give you more bang for your buck.

Also try these options:

1.http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154330-possible-fps-enhancer/

Thanks for your reply i will probably do it

Yes also make sure in your settings you do this:

Desync, disabled

Memory auto

AtoC disabled

Those specs are more than capable of running the game and the GT640 can handle it no probs, the problem is that somehow, it sounds like you're using the videocard integrated in your motherboard (Intel HD Graphics) and you don't want to use it instead of your GT640, you may have your monitor plugged into the Intel device, a really common mistake as many monitors has VGA connectors and the user plugs it into the connector that fits, the problem is that not all the GT640 cards includes the VGA connector, it depends on the manufacturer, they usually have 2 DVI and a HDMI ports, others adds one VGA connector, but most come with an adapter to plug VGA connectors to the DVI one.

Before wasting money on unnecesary upgrades, check your PC connections.

• Like 3

Those specs are more than capable of running the game and the GT640 can handle it no probs, the problem is that somehow, it sounds like you're using the videocard integrated in your motherboard (Intel HD Graphics) and you don't want to use it instead of your GT640, you may have your monitor plugged into the Intel device, a really common mistake as many monitors has VGA connectors and the user plugs it into the connector that fits, the problem is that not all the GT640 cards includes the VGA connector, it depends on the manufacturer, they usually have 2 DVI and a HDMI ports, others adds one VGA connector, but most come with an adapter to plug VGA connectors to the DVI one.

Before wasting money on unnecesary upgrades, check your PC connections.

Thank you so much man i switched my cord around and turn on fraps and loaded Dayz up and imedintly found that is was getting 60 frames a second while in balota and running around you were are great help and i thank you very much.

Awesome man! I'm really glad that you figured it out, enjoy the game and see ya in Chernarus :)