Irish.

Would you like spawn points spread out?

Spawn points spread out?  

279 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the player spawn points to be spread out more?

• Yes.
    • No, keep them centralized for more action.

spawn points recently started being almost only north east, (ive spawned about 3 or 4 times since new update) i put it down to developers wanted to do that for a reason, maybe to test the new town, that isnt in stable  and didnt give it a second thought,

spawn points will change as game goes on im sure

• Like 1

spawn points recently started being almost only north east, (ive spawned about 3 or 4 times since new update) i put it down to developers wanted to do that for a reason, maybe to test the new town, that isnt in stable  and didnt give it a second thought,

spawn points will change as game goes on im sure

Exactly why I've made this post. To bring it up in case its been overlooked. 

What would be pretty cool would be to have spawn points at new places each week during the alpha. This is so the Devs can get people to explore many new areas and once they done every town/area of interest they bring it back to normal and let people decide where to go.

• Like 3

What would be pretty cool would be to have spawn points at new places each week during the alpha. This is so the Devs can get people to explore many new areas and once they done every town/area of interest they bring it back to normal and let people decide where to go.

54037-Thats-brilliant-gif-cxnC.gif :thumbsup:  :beans:   :beans:  :beans:

Edited by lrish

maybe they will just leave the spawn points up there  for now till the new town is added properly. i dont want to see all players spawning in a small area, liek it is now, my guess is few players would want that. for now i dont really mind it for though*, just let them get on with it is my view on this subject, although i can see why you brought it up

Edited by qww

Since i played the mod, i never thought i´d type this

Kinda miss kamenka

• Like 6

Since i played the mod, i never thought i´d type this

Kinda miss kamenka

DayZero.. it had the market + Firestation. The Road to Zeleno and the hill overlooking Kamenka from Balota were very dangerous places.

Missing it too man. :(

The way I see it is, if you want people to stay globbed together in a small action-packed area, then you should go play Battlefield or Call of Duty.  DayZ is based in a large, open map, and should play-out accordingly, with people spawning and encountering others all over the map.

• Like 2

Everyone should spawn inside a supermarket filled with axes at night time.

Why? So you can slaughter them all with your own axe before they have a chance to react? XD

I'd like a troll spawn point in a random forest with no way of navigation or the utmost north-western part of the map. 

• Like 2

yer, place spawn points along the whole coast and scrap Balota or make it a small civilian airport.

Would the world come to a complete end if you could chose your spawn point from a list of areas on the coast like in the Overwatch mod?  This would mean that the people who want to deathmatch at a base could.  And people who want to group up could. 

I'd be happy with the old system, the entire coast line. Not just spawning from solnichny and above.

• Like 1

Pienso que la regeneración debería de ser tipo Intestation, cerca de donde perdiste la vida, porque simplemente si vas en grupo y mueres, Donde apareces? lejos, muy lejos.............. demasiado lejos

Pienso que la regeneración debería de ser tipo Intestation, cerca de donde perdiste la vida, porque simplemente si vas en grupo y mueres, Donde apareces? lejos, muy lejos.............. demasiado lejos

The guy is pretty much saying you should spawn near where you die.

To stop people re-gearing off their own corpse, I think you should get kicked off the server you died on, and locked out for an hour. That way, you are forced to start again properly without prior knowledge of where has/hasn't been looted, and where other players are concentrated. If you get eliminated from a gunfight, you shouldn't be able to rejoin it with a "new" life. If you're playing in a group, they'd all have to hop to your new server, or play on without you. Tough luck for being dead, I say.

So, in that way, I don't see changing the spawn points as a method of combatting this type of meta-gaming. I would like to see them spread out more, but I would prefer it if you always start on the coast. For one thing, it gives new players a reference to navigate by - spawning far inland could be horribly disorientating if you didn't know the map well already (debatable if that's a bad thing, I know, but I think it works well as is).

Ideally, I think spawn points would be randomly generated on any part of the coast - but at this stage of the alpha, with only 30-40 maximum players on a server in Stable, it probably does make sense to concentrate them a bit - as long they get moved around periodically so we get some variety.

• Like 1

I just want people to be spread all over the map, IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK!?

Although on 100 player servers it's not going to matter. 

I think that folks who want random spawns need to consider several things...

1. There are other, more subtle ways, of encouraging people to be mobile (i.e. tweaking the loot to favor inland)

2. Spawning people closer to the juicy interior military spawns is detrimental for a multitude of reasons

3. Spawning people closer to potential persistent storage and player-constructed structures places one at an arbitrary advantage

-- I don't want people getting any more of an advantage than anyone else to finding my stash just by virtue of spawning

I mean, did anyone play Overwatch? Spawning all over the map, near military spawns made the game extremely repetitive. The journey of survival is lessened when spawns are inland, as you're arbitrarily rewarded just for spawning in.

Now, to be fair, this is the case with coastal spawns (i.e. Balota). But, nobody is shortening your journey outright. In my opinion, people should be moving inland after they spawn, gearing up, then have an incentive to return to the coast (or do whatever they want).

There are ways in which people can be encouraged to be mobile without the hand of god planting them across the map.

• Like 1

I think that folks who want random spawns need to consider several things...

1. There are other, more subtle ways, of encouraging people to be mobile (i.e. tweaking the loot to favor inland)

2. Spawning people closer to the juicy interior military spawns is detrimental for a multitude of reasons

3. Spawning people closer to potential persistent storage and player-constructed structures places one at an arbitrary advantage

-- I don't want people getting any more of an advantage than anyone else to finding my stash just by virtue of spawning

I mean, did anyone play Overwatch? Spawning all over the map, near military spawns made the game extremely repetitive. The journey of survival is lessened when spawns are inland, as you're arbitrarily rewarded just for spawning in.

Now, to be fair, this is the case with coastal spawns (i.e. Balota). But, nobody is shortening your journey outright. In my opinion, people should be moving inland after they spawn, gearing up, then have an incentive to return to the coast (or do whatever they want).

There are ways in which people can be encouraged to be mobile without the hand of god planting them across the map.

Well, at least make the spawns a little more inland. Like even Gorka, or even Myshkino...you get my point.

yes. The entire coast should be covered from south to east. If people don't like their spawn, they can inconvenience themselves with suicide but the rest of us will benefit

• Like 1

yes. The entire coast should be covered from south to east. If people don't like their spawn, they can inconvenience themselves with suicide but the rest of us will benefit

I could definitely compromise with this too.

To stop people re-gearing off their own corpse, I think you should get kicked off the server you died on, and locked out for an hour. That way, you are forced to start again properly without prior knowledge of where has/hasn't been looted, and where other players are concentrated. If you get eliminated from a gunfight, you shouldn't be able to rejoin it with a "new" life. If you're playing in a group, they'd all have to hop to your new server, or play on without you. Tough luck for being dead, I say.

So, in that way, I don't see changing the spawn points as a method of combatting this type of meta-gaming. I would like to see them spread out more, but I would prefer it if you always start on the coast. For one thing, it gives new players a reference to navigate by - spawning far inland could be horribly disorientating if you didn't know the map well already (debatable if that's a bad thing, I know, but I think it works well as is).

Ideally, I think spawn points would be randomly generated on any part of the coast - but at this stage of the alpha, with only 30-40 maximum players on a server in Stable, it probably does make sense to concentrate them a bit - as long they get moved around periodically so we get some variety.

No.

Servers only have 40 slots at the moment and despite having most of the spawns near it even Berezino is a ghost town a lot of the time on full servers. The spreading out spawn points should not even be considered until they've optimized the game enough for additional player slots.