EraChanZ

DayZ Community is what is REALLY destroying the game

I agree on almost everything you said, however I feel like the point you are missing here atm, is that people do not kill/rob  you for survive

k148rk.jpg

First off, Finding another player can be a daunting task, sometimes I run around for hours on a 40/40 server without running across a single other player, making this game more like a ''running simulator'' more than anything else

Welcome to Dayz

And then IF you run into ANYONE else, you usualy get shot on sight, or attacked in some other manner.

Again..welcome.

This community is BROKEN, and quite frankly fucking pathetic.. I can simply not imagine this game was designed with the idea in mind that you spend several hours getting some gear together, if only to fight zombies, to then without any form of interactiveness, any form of socializing, just get shot if someone happens to see you before you see them. (even if you try to interact without killing them; just trying to talk or not shooting them instantly)

Hey...welcome..and thanks for the kind words.

There are specific servers that state PVP, in those, I suspect to kill or be killed.. Then there are the normal servers, where I would hope that at least 50% of the time u can end up talking with someone (this is not the case more than 10% of the time, I promise you), and then even in the PVE / Friendly / Please talk / We will kick SoS'ers (shoot on sight) etc, you will STILL get instantly killed, knocked out, or whatever as soon as anyone sees you.

Sounds like maybe you need to change your playstyle ? Don't bring a knife to a gunfight.

Is this community really filled with such pathetic people that they will just kill you for the heck of it? Even if you in no way shape or form pose a threat to them? (walking around with a backpack, some food at a hoe on your back is surely worth killing on sight, right? ruining all equipment u have on you anyway!)

Yes..we are all pathetic, but please..do continue.

I mean, forget the HUNDREDS of improvements the GAME has to make before it can actually be called a proper game, ready for release.. Even if it does come to this; this game will be a barren wastelands for any real players that want to play a survival RPG...

Why ? There are hundreds and hundreds of vids or people role playing on standard full pvp servers.

Now I realise there is no easy / perfect answer for a rotten community; sadly this is what gaming has come to in this day in age,

Once again, thanks.

but atleast try to implement some things that will ENCOURAGE players to work together, or at the very least NOT kill eachother as soon as they have the chance. Make the PVE / Survival aspect of the game much more difficult, to the point where either teamwork is needed to stand a chance to survive, or at least make it so that you feel that you can no longer waste bullets on players, as those are needed for a variety of stronger PVE opponents that u can no longer kill with just your fists.

No matter what you do, what is implemented, how hard it is to survive,  how rare bullets are..you will still be killed by someone. If there is the ability to strangle you with a daisy chain of sunflowers..then you will be killed.  Once you fully realise and accept this you can change your playstyle to adapt.

Or, maybe get some form of BETTER ''admin'' control in the game.. A method in which u can actually report players that kill on specific PVE servers, or some form of ''invisible admin'' player that can spend his time flying around watching what happens to pick out these type of players to punish them. (this would start by linking IGN to your steam account, for obvious reasons; the complete anonymity players have in the current set-up makes them automatically immune to any form of retribution / punishment for ruining peoples fun on specified PVE / RP servers.

IGN ...who ? Is that joint still going..jesus.

The statement constantly made in defence of KOS is that "this is the way it is, if you don't like it play another game"

This is flawed for two reasons.

1) this game is in alpha so by definition this is not the end product. The game will not remain in its current form and must change.

2) If this game is to make the company money they need to make the game attractive to the widest possible audience. Telling anyone who is not keen on PVP that they should find a new game is only damaging the game and its community further. With this mentality you will be left with just angry preteens shouting abuse down the mic while they kill each other on the coast.

For me I would like to see more for people not interested in PVP to do, or a place they can play the game that they have paid for just like everyone else, the way they want to.

Claiming that KOS mentality IS dayz is an incredibly narrow minded view of the possibilities this game has to offer.

A game like this needs a dynamic and varied population of players, not a monoculture of PVP fans...

My 2 cents, or pence.

• Like 3

I am so sick of these noobs complaining because they are bad at the game. Just quit already.

I really think this game could be very interesting, and very enjoyable.. But at the moment; is simply ISNT.. and without some changes within the game, and moreover the community, this game will never be more than a wannabe CoD playerground; and that would be an insult to its developers..

Once again, sounds like your playstyle is letting you down and you are being dictated by the way other people are playing the game..instead of playing around that.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong on this post that I think PVP should be removed. Obviously PVP is needed to make the game fun in the end. However, people that want to play RP or survival mainly, should be able to get that chance. At least teaming up should be encouraged, in some way.

TL:DR : Community is cancerous, fucks up game, change is needed.

You have that chance for rp, every time you enter game. It sounds like you have been killed a lot and are extremely frustrated bro, like i said a few times..i think you need to look at your playstyle and wonder why are you getting killed so much ??

Thanks again for the cancerous comment :)

Anyone who says there's no problem with this game are right, the community is the problem

Rocket created this huge map for you to explore, and 99% of people remain at elektro and berezino to death match

If all your going to do is stay in one city forever then what's the point in adding verchiles? Or even expanding the map?

May as well just delete the rest of the map at this point if that's all people are gonna do

And I meet friendly people all the time.....I say meet... I should say encounter as most people don't see me and I only make contact if I'm forced to or I see them do something heroic that make me know they are friendly

But the community is truly the worst I've ever encountered

On other forums I can ask for help and advice and immdietely within an hour get 4-5 people PM me as well as replies to my post which recently happened with another game project of mine, people wanted to help me with information and advice

But the community lacks imagination beyond "player = kill" or social skills beyond "my virtual dick is bigger than yours derp "

Plenty of people get away from the coast, i agree that a lot do stay and beat each other to pulps in the pvp spots but leave them to it if that's what they want to do :) Too many get jaded early on when they realise it isn't everyone holding hands sharing warm pipsis and watching butterflies. But 99% ..not a chance.

And like any gaming forum, you gotta sort the wheat from the chaff, sort of like in game.

Yes, this is going to be a complaint post, perhaps one of many, but I feel like it is needed for this to be said in a (hopefully) semi-constructive manner. (God I hope the Devs read this and put some effort into this)

This game is a Survival game, that much is a given. However, I can't help but feel that this game has become no more than a simplified, slow, painstaking CoD for a slightly older audience. (No better in behavior, mind you)

What the game currently entails for me, is finding EMPTY servers to start off my character, to get some form of gear going instead of instantly dying of hunger on full, usualy looted servers, just to join a slightly more filled server afterwards in an attempt to meet ANY player..

This is where the problems start..

No, the problem started the moment you joined an empty server to loot. I can't wait for them to implement lower pop servers spawning less loot. Loot is easy to find on full servers, get a map and look for towns slightly inland and voila. 

The issue is that Dayz is a survival game, that currently doesn't have many survival features. So it's being played as a PvP game, which is tedious and frustrating, and generally creating a bad attitude among it's community. Provided the dev's force the survival mechanics to come into play - I'm happy. Hunting and cooking needs to provide the best food, sicknesses need to kill you, weather/clothing needs to affect your character solidly, loot spawning needs to occur in underpopulated areas of the map, while overpopulated areas should be barren, and empty servers likewise.

In the end, I would suggest hardcore servers for OP.  

Learn how to make friends OP you got a mic, if you don't, get one, and if you talk badly into it, you're not going to survive anyway.

Do I need to whip out the random screen shots of GIANT groups that I've made/joined over the past 3 weeks?

If you have some.  Yeah,  I think it would be cool to see that.

I'll agree the community can be a little shitty with all the "it's alpha!" "I got KoS" bullshit.

My personal take is that the game will be better if and when the food and drink mechanics, hunting, whether/temperature, disease, cooking, crafting equipment wear and tear and other environmental factors get implemented, fixed and fine-tuned.  These things will force players into activities besides killing each other.  Or at the very least, they will kill each other because they need critical supplies.  Rain will drive you indoors or force you to build a fire to get warm.  You'll need to boil water or use purification tabs (or catch rainwater) or risk getting sick.  If your sick, you're best bet would be to hit a hospital, fire or police station to find some appropriate medical supplies.  The game should keep you busy even if there wasn't a single zombie or other player on the server because the map is so large, long stretches of DayZ involve wandering around like the last man on earth.

Unfortunately right now it doesn't.  My character is stuffed and fully hydrated.  I have a silenced M4, and M1911 and some other silenced pistol with a shitload of ammo and food (silencers don't work, but they still look cool).  Explored a few towns and shot some zombies today, but pretty soon I just got bored and stopped playing.

Edited by bfisher