Sign in to follow this  
frozenjaws

An "around neck" slot

So the addition of the binoculars really exited me and when i noticed the binoculars were only taking up one inventory space? (subject to change?) 

Well i was just a little surprised, my idea tho is change the binoculars to take up 4 spaces, but add either a crafted or looted item like a carry string or well just a rope around your neck which would either be in your Vest spot or another spot completely, so you would be able to have stuff like binoculars around your neck or a water bottle, whatever you can think of.

I think that would look really cool.

Seems like the response has been fantastic!, people are suggesting adding scarfs and vanity items(various bling). I would also like to point out that if the list of items that could be put around the neck was extensive it might encourage clans and/or friends to carry similar items as to identify each other, also it would allow players to pick their favorite vanity item and over time develop affection for said item (lucky deck of cards, the bullet i got shot with but lived, my favorite fruit) Just random items that i think would make connections between the player and his/her character stronger and intensify roleplay. 

Edited by Frozenjaws
  • Like 22

This is actually a nice idea here. Also agree on making binoculars to take 4 slots in inventory. Usual binoculars are big enough to not be able to put them into a pocket lol

I really like the idea! ^.^

We also need scarves..

• Like 3

That was preety smart.

Yeah,we could totally use a sling.

(imo not any kind of rope,binocular sling should be a unique attachment)

Bino-Pack-Straps-Binoculars-8-350x306.jp
leupold-55895_px300.jpg

Edited by Damnyourdeadman

Guys... my Simmons 3x12x20mm scope can fit into the pocket of my BDUs when Im hunting. I think different bino sizes should be here too. Unless its like the current clothes situation like its TF2 XD

This is actually a nice idea here. Also agree on making binoculars to take 4 slots in inventory. Usual binoculars are big enough to not be able to put them into a pocket lol

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pocket+binoculars&es_sm=122&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=NYhaU5yTCPOu7Aai9IHoDA&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg&biw=1100&bih=788

They all fit in your pocket ;)

;)

Now open the link yourself and look at the binoculars you're introducing. They are all modern.

These are the one and only DayZ:SA binoculars

www.dayz.sk/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/dalehohlad.jpg

Edited by MetapoliC

That was preety smart.

Yeah,we could totally use a sling.

(imo not any kind of rope,binocular sling should be a unique attachment)

Ah...good one....a sling spot in case one has a broken arm

Sounds nice, and versatile. Like others suggested, bandanas, scarves, shemaghs, etc. can also go in a slot like that.

Maybe I could get some Mr. T bling while we're at it.

Edited by TheEvanCat

Very nice idea!

If this will be added, I am kindly asking the developer team to add Flavor Flav's clock as well. :thumbsup:

Craft a noose with rope... put noose in prisoner's neck slot... ;)

bundesarchiv_bild_101i-569-1584-352c_ita

Bullets should be able to be draped on neck as well

(for MG when implemented)

If we get a belt fed machine gun that would be awesome, It would really be cool if they went into detail with the chains and you could link them together.

Another necessary slot in my opinion is the waist slot, for belts, fannypacks, holsters and bandoliers.

• Like 1

Beans for you, good sir.

Also, how about arm slots (one for each arm) for attachable pouches, bandanas, belts (for looks) and/or perhaps a waist slot for gun belts, more bandanas, normal belts, shirts/hoodies/jackets (tied around the waist for looks or saving inventory space)? Would give a very "survivory" or post-apocalyptic look if you ask me.

this needs to happen. +1

Oh yeah, great ideas being overflow in this place! Nice one @Frozenjaws :)
I imagined my character wearing a nice scarf with some badass gear. It would look awesome too!

Neck slot? Can't wait to emulate this fashionable son of a bitch.

FRED-JONES.png