Speightinator

What's the longest you've gone with a single DayZ character before dying?

I managed to go through 17 hours of ingame time with the same character, must of got about 50 confirmed kills and had many'a standoffs with other characters, formed alliances and survived! It was enthralling to say the least!

I have a short video here of the build up to my death, was a sad moment considering how long i had survived for! 

Probably this character, but only because the servers I've been on the last three days have ALL been night time servers and I can't see shit, pretty sure I'm stuck in a shed in the middle of nowhere. Am I going to kill myself? No way. I've got amazing survival gear.

Guessing about thirty or so hours with this guy.

Edited by Pazzmon
  • Like 1

I had one character that I played with for a few months before he was ended by a hacker. I think he was around for about 285 days, if I remember right, but of course I didn't play all of those.

Edited by colekern
  • Like 2

There will be many that will not believe what you have done to be possible, in my forum experience. But I know its not all that hard if you try.. for me my record is somewhere around 40 hours without dying at all. But if you count actual death by another player that was not a suicide on your part.. its right at 100 hours right now, my new record for not being killed in DayZ. 

Good job OP.. keep up the good situational awareness and teamwork! 

Probably this character, but only because the servers I've been on the last three days have ALL been night time servers and I can't see shit, pretty sure I'm stuck in a shed in the middle of nowhere. Am I going to kill myself? No way. I've got amazing survival gear.

Alt-tab while you are in Dayz on that character.. open internet browser, open youtube, open video of at least 10-15 min length, alt-tab back into dayz leaving youtube to play the video.. have your character run at the wall non-stop.. shortly later you should magically make it through that wall. If all else fails, open several youtube videos at once.

I tried everything known to man and this was the last effort before suicide and it worked in about 25 seconds for me.. Good luck!

WAIT.  :facepalm:  ..i totally misread your post. LOL

Edited by lrish
  • Like 2

Alt-tab while you are in Dayz on that character.. open internet browser, open youtube, open video of at least 10-15 min length, alt-tab back into dayz leaving youtube to play the video.. have your character run at the wall non-stop.. shortly later you should magically make it through that wall. If all else fails, open several youtube videos at once.

I tried everything known to man and this was the last effort before suicide and it worked in about 25 seconds for me.. Good luck!

WAIT.  :facepalm:  ..i totally misread your post. LOL

eiMEz7Lin.jpeg

Edited by Pazzmon
  • Like 2

Curse the night-time servers, they're too scary for my liking to even attempt surviving on... 

Curse the night-time servers, they're too scary for my liking to even attempt surviving on... 

I hope this wasn't sarcasm.

Just incase it was:

I'm not particularly scared about night time servers, but when I'm outside and it's pitch black and I don't have a torch...it's pretty much impossible for me to see anything, I'd be greatful for just thirty seconds on a daylight server where I can maneuver myself out of wherever I am into open area and would quite happily switch back to night time and carry on. After all my hours of gameplay in the north, I know pretty much exactly where I am going. :) 

I had a character that survived about 48 hours in game time until a player broke the rules and killed me (PVE server on the MOD.)

• Like 1

been alive about 85 or 90 hours with last character, only needed to kill 2 people, seen a few more,  finally died yesterday morning, alt tabbed out of game for 5 seconds, in a "safe" area of woods, after lying there for about 5 minutes. tabbed back just in time to hear a zombie hit, and a flash on screen, then the you are dead.

anyway  its cool to start new character with the new update

my dudes like 2 or 3 weeks old I don't go looking for fights and if I do encounter folks I usually watch and avoid. Only way I fight is if I'm cornered or your in my way other than that I have no reason to look for death. unlike most I guess I find enjoyment in stealth and exploring. now before this playstyle I would go looking for trouble and my characters wouldn't live longer than a few hours if I was lucky.

My regular character is still alive from day 1, mind you I don't play him as often(only when friends aren't online) but he has recovered from a few gun fights and close calls with zombies.

my dudes like 2 or 3 weeks old I don't go looking for fights and if I do encounter folks I usually watch and avoid. Only way I fight is if I'm cornered or your in my way other than that I have no reason to look for death. unlike most I guess I find enjoyment in stealth and exploring.

This is me as well.  I had a character pushing 60 hours of gameplay, I kept a wide berth of other players when I saw them, and if I got caught in a bad spot I would try to talk my way out (and did a few times) but my last encounter was just doomed from the start.. as soon as I heard the guys accent I should have shot first and asked questions later lmao.. when I trusted him and let him up stairs his partner waited for the opportune time and came up a blazing!

I had one character in the standalone that WOULD NOT DIE. I survived probably 80+ hours on him. He got shot to near death multiple times in huge gun battles and pulled out. I manged to accidentally drink alcohol tincture while trying to disinfect, and recovered. I literally fell off the roof of the giant building in Cherno, the one with the big sign? Landed on one of those walkways below without a scratch.

Ironically, I don't recall how he actually died. Some mistake, not being careful, feeling invincible no doubt. I do recall that I died about 5 more times that night to roaming bandits all over the Kamyshovo coast.

Everyone that claims to have survived more than couple hours lies, everyone dies more often from bugs than anything else, so yeah, nice pack of liars checking on each other to see who has the bigger nose.

Edited by BrainlessZombie

I had a character for 2 months before a fateful betrayal after meeting some people at an airfield.

Was playing, and had everything on a 40 man regular (just bought standalone at the time), I had been playing for two months, my kit was exactly

Camo mosin, compensator pristine, LRS pristine, bipod pristine, FNX45, pristine red dot, pristine flashlight, and green fireaxe for weapons.

For wears I had full TTSKOs, aviators, green motorcycle helmet, brown combat boots, and brown gloves. All pristine.

For gadgets:  Black headtorch, compass, and can opener. Forget what else I had, but all except headtorch were pristine. (damaged)

For carrying and food I had 2 med kits, 2 ammo boxes, 2 protector cases, a hunting backpack I kept them in, And a ton of food + water.

In the first medkit, I carried only bandages, the other one I carried only saline. In the first ammo box I kept only 357, and in the second one I kept only 7.62. In the protector cases I carried only food. These were all pristine or worn.

So, I had amazing gear and had been playing for almost the full 2 months.

I decided I would run around balota to loot for a better headtorch, and maybe some more food when I heard M4 gunshots, I hid in a bush just outside of the prison building on the most west side of the airfield. A guy with an M4 was smacking zombies with his axe, he was coming from the hanger and just smacked a zombie to death. I figured I could freak him out by killing the zombie beside the prison house he was going for, and get him to run scared into the prison building. He came up close to the zombie, and I opened fire on it. It died before he got close to it, so he freaked and ran into the prison house.

So I used the third person thing to observe him and tell him to drop his guns. He had an M4, a fireaxe, unpainted, and an m1911 or a revolver. Can't remember. I told him to back against the wall, and he did. I emptied his weapons and checked his backpack as well, took all his ammo, but let him keep his mags, as I always do with hold ups.

I put my weapons away and I told him it was safe to come grab his weapons. He seemed like minded enough, so I said to add me on steam which is just a very bad idea. I had not played DayZ in a very long time, though, and had not had very many encounters on that character, oddly enough.

The next day he introduced me to his friend, and I kept a good eye on them at nearly all times. We headed to NW airfield and stopped in vybor for food/water. It was early in the morning, and I wasn't thinking. One of them was innocent. I was helping the innocent sort his inventory and his friend, the guy I held up in the first place, emptied 2 into the side of my head.

Sucks.

• Like 1

Well I was just about to reach 2 months this week but my internet decided to take a shit, and my character ran off a cliff while I was DC'ed due to the Anti-Combat Log. *sigh*

Everyone that claims to have survived more than couple hours lies, everyone dies more often from bugs than anything else, so yeah, nice pack of liars checking on each other to see who has the bigger nose.

I'm going to guess you don't survive well.

Got to admit I almost died on the character on my last post, though.

I was in the firehouse and there was a zombie, so I took out my axe on the stairs leading up and I glitched off the stairs and broke my legs, then the zombie started beating me.

Ruined my goddamn pants, and pistol I had at the time.

Good thing I had found morphine in the NWAF firehouse, and had a ready supply of bandages.

Edited by Dr.Burd

I'm guessing you're a "run and gun" kind of guy, and lacking in survival skills...

been alive now for about 4 months a couple of hundred hours in game.. (since 28, we're now at 44)

Edited by Calibre

I am somewhere around 30-40 hours alive.  I killed off my hardcore character the day I started renting my server and haven't died since.  Might be a special prize for the first to do it  ;)

A friend of mine started playing months ago and is still on his same chic.

:huh:

:huh:

Well, it was a chic by default. He was new so didn't change it for a bloke. :D

Edited by Trigger Hippy