Sign in to follow this  
Irish.

Would you want foldable clothing in DayZ?

Fold clothes?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Would want foldable clothing in DayZ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, if done a certain way
    • Wut? :/

So that you could have a change of clothes on your person without taking up too much inventory space?

I was thinking of this idea and wondered what others thought about it and if they have any ideas of their own about how or if it should be implemented. The general idea I had is that clothing could be folded up if empty of items, and then would take up less space if carried. Only certain clothes could be foldable, or some items like coats would still take up at least 2 slots when folded but perhaps we could even have stackable items like basic t-shirts. Stacks of 2-4 that only take up one slot. Would be a great way to carry rags also that you could tear up later when needed. 

I'd like to get some community input on what you think before taking a polished idea to the suggestion forum, so please let me know your thoughts and ideas on this. 

organized-laundry.png

Discuss! 

• Like 3

i like the idea but until things like weather and cold get implimented theres no need to carry things like raincoats or jackets or wellies

but yeah that would be cool because clothes do take up a lot of space

I think it would be cool to be able to change from a woodland camo-type outfit to something a little more urban for city work. At least be able to carry 2 outfits in one slot would be helpful I think.

I think it would be cool to be able to change from a woodland camo-type outfit to something a little more urban for city work. At least be able to carry 2 outfits in one slot would be helpful I think.

One of the ideas I had was being able to create a "spare clothes" package that takes up 4 slots and you can put any pants, jacket/shirt, and hat inside of it. I think it would be really prudent to be able to change into your night, medic, police, bandit, hero clothing on the fly. And an automatic balance is the fact that you cannot just change shirts if there is gear inside. It would take time to change clothes just like IRL, but at least it would be feasible while carrying gear and not JUST clothes on you.

One of the things I personally would do often is put on an Orange Raincoat, Orange Boonie Hat, and Red Track Suit pants to signal to my friend that I am in fact right here next to him.. 5 meters away, Im even waving at him.. good god it cannot be that hard to see me can it? lol ;)

Edited by lrish

So that you could have a change of clothes on your person without taking up too much inventory space?

I was thinking of this idea and wondered what others thought about it and if they have any ideas of their own about how or if it should be implemented. The general idea I had is that clothing could be folded up if empty of items, and then would take up less space if carried. Only certain clothes could be foldable, or some items like coats would still take up at least 2 slots when folded but perhaps we could even have stackable items like basic t-shirts. Stacks of 2-4 that only take up one slot. Would be a great way to carry rags also that you could tear up later when needed. 

I'd like to get some community input on what you think before taking a polished idea to the suggestion forum, so please let me know your thoughts and ideas on this. 

organized-laundry.png

Discuss!

I was thinking about the same thing, you beat me to the post. Using the action menu should allow for fold and unfold. Folded clothing should not allow items to be added to its inventory but fit in yours easier. If rain is going to cause exposure problems, I want to be able to fold up and carry my rain gear to swap out when needed.

• Like 1

Not bad but, why i should carry more clothes if there no winter?Or rain does not affect special type of clothes, even if you in a rain coat - you still get dumb, and that's stupid.Because if your pants are ruined it's still good to use, because you have pockets...

Anyway game is too arcade for this moment

organized-laundry.png

Discuss! 

Good job Irish! Brilliant idea. :D

beardedguyheadnod.gif

Edited by DJ SGTHornet
  • Like 1

I want a volume & weight based inventory system. Rocket said in...hm...I think February that the old inventory system will be revisited, so maybe there is a chance...a little one...^^

I like the trolling from Irish.

Edited by LaughingJack
  • Like 3

I want a volume & weight based inventory system. Rocket said in...hm...I think February that the old inventory system will be revisited, so maybe there is a chance...a little one...^^

I like the trolling from Irish.

That would probably make more sense than what we have now where a hacksaw and screwdriver take up the same amount of space.  I could probably fit five screwdrivers in my pocket but good luck getting a fucking hacksaw in there.

In regards to the clothing, to anyone who has done a little camping clothes do tend to take up quite a bit of space even when folded or rolled or whatever.  They don't necessarily take up less space if you are neat about shoving them in your pack.

Edited by Jayrod
  • Like 1

Just as long as it requires three easy payments of $29.99

vaccumbag._seal-vacuum-compressed-bag-sp

• Like 3

That's an awesome idea.

Black clothing for night, camouflage clothing for forests, grey clothing for urban areas...

• Like 1

That's an awesome idea.

Black clothing for night, camouflage clothing for forests, grey clothing for urban areas...

Thats just what I was thinking.. I'd be changin' clothes more than a diva on her farewell tour.

So i voted "wut" and then read your post, which in hindsight wasnt the brightest idea ive had lol.

I actually like it.

In terms of coding, it should not be to hard to "replace" a cloth item with a folded cloth item, exactly like a can got replaced by an empty can in the early build of the game.

It would be interesting to fold up clothes and lay it in the street and watch some poor sod run to it and then go "wait a minute....." before you either kill him or run after him with an axe while screaming (i prefer the screaming axe tbh)

• Like 1

What about an iron tho ladies. Would be rude to be surviving with all those creases up in the place.

What about an iron tho ladies. Would be rude to be surviving with all those creases up in the place.

First they force me to use the restroom now I have to put creases in all my uniforms?!

What am I back in the Corps here? lol.. :D

• Like 2

I think the idea of adding a stuffsack that takes up, say, 4 slots like a protector case, yet has room for a change of clothes, would be simple enough to implement. And the concept fits right in with survival/backpacking as well. Compression Stuffsacks are indispensable when you live out of a backpack,

This is what I mean, for those who aren't following along.,,

http://www.backcountry.com/granite-gear-round-rock-solid-compression-sack?ti=UExQIENhdDpTdHVmZiAmIENvbXByZXNzaW9uIFNhY2tzOjE6NDpiY3NDYXQ3MTEwMDAzNg

Which look like this-

sea%20to%20summit.jpeg

Stuff it full in the left, cinch the compression straps and smash it down to the size of the one on the right. These are gold for soft clothing items. No boots or helmets, but most anything else.

• Like 1

I rater they let us stack shirts and clothing on top of each other to the point it restricts movement. 60-t-shirts-04.png

• Like 1

I think the idea of adding a stuffsack that takes up, say, 4 slots like a protector case, yet has room for a change of clothes, would be simple enough to implement. And the concept fits right in with survival/backpacking as well. Compression Stuffsacks are indispensable when you live out of a backpack,

This is what I mean, for those who aren't following along.,,

http://www.backcountry.com/granite-gear-round-rock-solid-compression-sack?ti=UExQIENhdDpTdHVmZiAmIENvbXByZXNzaW9uIFNhY2tzOjE6NDpiY3NDYXQ3MTEwMDAzNg

Which look like this-

sea%20to%20summit.jpeg

Stuff it full in the left, cinch the compression straps and smash it down to the size of the one on the right. These are gold for soft clothing items. No boots or helmets, but most anything else.

Thats exactly what made me think of this.. I have them for my Kelty.

• Like 1

I rater they let us stack shirts and clothing on top of each other to the point it restricts movement. 60-t-shirts-04.png

lol im not playing anymore unless this is in the next patch