G.Freeman

500 second wait timer? Rant @ devs

If you get timed out from a server, or get kicked out from a server or rejoin same server game should have no countdown timer whatsoever.

If you press the quit button, close application, or your internet loses connection (cable yanking abuse) then you should have a 500 second delay.

However in this current stage of the game they shouldn't be introducing 500 seconds for people to alpha test their game, so many people crying about combat loggers, in my opinion all just a bunch of desperate people who couldn't get a kill crying about it.

Sometimes combat logging is completely deserved though, for example I spawned in NEAF, suddenly I hear a sniper shooting at me from the trees, on a server with 1 other person. Obviously a sadisitic camper waiting for looters, how is this guy any better than a combat logger, I combat logged here and let the guy spend his time waiting for me to pop out, lol good...

A much better way to fight agaisn't combat loggers is to force a 30 second sitdown peroid during logging off at which point you can still be killed, and if no one has the balls to approach the building you are in within that 30 seconds then you deserve to log out as it's just a stand off. But it seems it's not just the combat logging that is th issue, I think people are getting upset with people who want to loot in low pop servers rather than big pop servers were there is less loot or less gear. Forgive the people for wanting a much less hassle approach to gearing up.

Edited by blazed

Didn't Rocket say that this is how it's working now anyway or is going to be soon? Could've sworn I heard that somewhere.

I read that too.

I never get a timer even when switching servers so I don't think the system is wroking correctly atm.

If you get timed out from a server, or get kicked out from a server or rejoin same server game should have no countdown timer whatsoever.

If you press the quit button, close application, or your internet loses connection (cable yanking abuse) then you should have a 500 second delay.

However in this current stage of the game they shouldn't be introducing 500 seconds for people to alpha test their game, so many people crying about combat loggers, in my opinion all just a bunch of desperate people who couldn't get a kill crying about it.

Sometimes combat logging is completely deserved though, for example I spawned in NEAF, suddenly I hear a sniper shooting at me from the trees, on a server with 1 other person. Obviously a sadisitic camper waiting for looters, how is this guy any better than a combat logger, I combat logged here and let the guy spend his time waiting for me to pop out, lol good...

A combat logger upset that there is a timer, shocker.

• Like 3

So basically what your saying is... You server hopped to the NEAF onto a low pop server and started getting shot at by a sniper. Then proceeded to combat log because you got scared.

That is justification to you, you're joking right?

So basically what your saying is... You server hopped to the NEAF onto a low pop server and started getting shot at by a sniper. Then proceeded to combat log because you got scared.

Back in the mod people justified anything as an excuse to combat log.

Example : 

A friend gets shot by a sniper. 

Friends response "Alt+F4!!!!"

The reason he did it

* "There is no way that sniper could have seen him!!!" 

- "Must be a hacker for sure"   lol

Yeah I banned him off TS quite quickly.

There are times when I try to punch geared players to get gear, and then there are times when you dont come across anyone and so you decide to trek all the way down to the NEAF and get fully kitted out. I joined a low pop server to get geared up and meet up with my friends later, the last thing I wanted is to get sniped without even having a gun and have to trek down the airfield yet again. Here we had a single guy with a sniper rifle on an emtpy server far in the distance between the trees just waiting day in and out for looters to come, shooting at a bambi,  how is this guy any better than a combat logger?

I didn't want to die without a means to defend myself, on top of not knowing where he was, and forgive me that I didn't want to run all the way back to the airfield and so I log out leaving him looking for me everywhere (which I enjoyed).

You can slap a 1 hour timer and I'd still log out in that situation, I didn't use any glitch or bugs, so who the **** are you to tell me how to play my game you little ****.

Every MMO game allows you log out in some form or another that will obviously benefit you in the right conditions. People use to disengage combat in WoW and Log out to avoid a boss wipe, as the raiders started to die out.

Edited by blazed

There are times when I try to punch geared players to get gear, and then there are times when you dont come across anyone and so you decide to trek all the way down to the NEAF and get fully kitted out. I joined a low pop server to get geared up and meet up with my friends later, the last thing I wanted is to get sniped without even having a gun and have to trek down the airfield yet again. Here we had a single guy with a sniper rifle on an emtpy server far in the distance between the trees just waiting day in and out for looters to come, shooting at a bambi,  how is this guy any better than a combat logger?

I didn't want to die without a means to defend myself, on top of not knowing where he was, and forgive me that I didn't want to run all the way back to the airfield and so I log out leaving him looking for me everywhere (which I enjoyed).

You can slap a 1 hour timer and I'd still log out in that situation, I didn't use any glitch or bugs, so who the **** are you to tell me how to play my game you little ****.

Every MMO game allows you log out in some form or another that will obviously benefit you in the right conditions. People use to disengage combat in WoW and Log out to avoid a boss wipe, as the raiders started to die out.

Make space everyone! The combat logger is getting serious!

I hear a lot of complaining about combat loggers and ghosters. I used to get frustrated by this behavior as well... but it I have been frustrated way more from these timers than I ever have from someone combat logging so I couldn't kill him. I am pretty frustrated with the current timer situation. Really not cool.

$0.02

This new timer is bullshit devs. 

SOME of US have LIVES, Girlfriends, Jobs, Gardens, A house, SHIT TO DO.  So if we're playing and get a "Lost Session"  or join a server then get kicked by some asshole abusing the server owner rules; WE the normal players get slapped on the wrist for it? 

So you think we want to wait 500 seconds.  Yeah, right...  Fix other MORE important things other than screwing with wait timers.  Server hoppers aren't THAT big of an issue, my god.

Who made this 500 second timer? I'd like to slap him across the face for wasting my time.

Community;

A. If you're complaining it fixes ghosting (maybe you fucking camp too much? think about that one :P)

B. If you're complaining it fixes server hopping.  (people are going to get gear regardless, A noob with a weapon is STILL A NOOB.)

This game is going to be in ALPHA for how much fucking longer? And you're incorporating these timers now? WHY, WHY, WHY

THANKS for literally wasting HOURS of my accumulated time in the next year + Should I decide to keep playing the whole time.

End Rant

A- Time is for server hoppers

B- No one is putting a gun to your head forcing you to play

C- deal with it

• Like 1

I hear a lot of complaining about combat loggers and ghosters. I used to get frustrated by this behavior as well... but it I have been frustrated way more from these timers than I ever have from someone combat logging so I couldn't kill him. I am pretty frustrated with the current timer situation. Really not cool.

Well you can thank "blazed" for why the feature exists. 

* No one should never have the choice to disappear while in mid-combat.

But like someone said before, the system is flawed. 

* The short amount of time to log out in mid combat is great for close quarter combat. But very ineffective when it comes to catching snipers.

Edited by Sobieski12

It annoys me in specific situations. Playing with a buddy, I choose a server and he can't join the same server for reasons. So we choose another one and I have spawn penalty now. Yesterday I had 600 seconds.

Make space everyone! The combat logger is getting serious!

Meh poor attempt for a post that solely trying to troll, nice try.

Exactly, a lot of the people who are KoSers getting pissed of because they couldn't secure a kill due to a poor combat logger (oh god the guy ran away oh the irony, how bad is that guy, he should be banned) The very people who server hope to get gear to KOS, as most of these Kosers I come across are all funny kitted out guys with everything on them. Mosins with rare Far Sights, etc.

Well you can thank "blazed" for why the feature exists. 

* No one should never have the choice to disappear while in mid-combat.

But like someone said before, the system is flawed. 

* The short amount of time to log out in mid combat is great for close quarter combat. But very ineffective when it comes to catching snipers.

So much trolling in your posts dude, So i repost what I said in my original post:

Notice how I am also agreeing with the penalities for the Server hopers? You're not very smart are you?

Anyone knows that being at an airfield you're looking for trouble. You hopped(after dying in combat I suspect) to a low pop server to gear up then server hop to join your friends again. Your plan didn't fly because there was a sniper at the airfield(surprise!) so you decided to combat log and then hop again to another low pop server to continue with your gearing.

^This, Is exactly what the timer is for. To discourage the easy mode gearing server hoppers, ghosters and combat loggers. You are one of them so you're here to bitch about it as well as most who complainn about the timers. I said most, not all.

I did in no way tell you how to play the game but your play style is frowned upon, hence the timer that is in place.

Anyone knows that being at an airfield you're looking for trouble. You hopped(after dying in combat I suspect) to a low pop server to gear up then server hop to join your friends again. Your plan didn't fly because there was a sniper at the airfield(surprise!) so you decided to combat log and then hop again to another low pop server to continue with your gearing.

^This, Is exactly what the timer is for. To discourage the easy mode gearing server hoppers, ghosters and combat loggers. You are one of them so you're here to bitch about it as well as most who complainn about the timers. I said most, not all.

I did in no way tell you how to play the game but your play style is frowned upon, hence the timer that is in place.

You're right dude, Next time I'd come out of the building and bend over and say hey dude, you got me SHOOT ME THE ASS, and I'll just run back here later and try again.

I'm done talking to you, my play style in a video game is frowned upon! because I certainly believe some people in a certain situation such a camper griefer kosing bambi's deserves the occasional combat logger.

That camper was probably you or you are at least one of them...

On a serious note I hate server hoppers too (depending how wrong it is carried out) and I also hate sniping campers, you know the ones who spend hours in the hills and trees waiting for you to pop into sight in a city and blast your head off... but each to their own way of gaming.

One last thing, I have befriended and added many friends on DayZ to my Steam account, not once have I come across someone who said "Nah man, I don't server hop and loot on low pops, that just wrong brah". They all know the general idea,  I'm pretty sure most people do this.

Edited by blazed

Did a test to confirm 500 seconds on stable.

Joined a server, immediately quit, left to another server (both were regular.)

300 seconds.

I wasn't even in the server for 5 seconds before I left, and I got a 5 minute cooldown before I could get back into the game, so I don't know what the HELL you are talking about when you got an 8 minute.

The only reason to rant about this, is if you're an avid server hopper, or have really bad internet, and I'm talking HORRIBLE internet. Find a server and stick to it, and if you don't want to be kicked by server admins abusing the rules, join an official server.

/thread.

billy-mays.jpgBut wait, there's more!

This is directed towards Blaze.

Blaze: so who the **** are you to tell me how to play my game you little ****.

Blaze: On a serious note I hate server hoppers too (depending how wrong it is carried out) and I also hate sniping campers, you know the ones who spend hours in the hills and trees waiting for you to pop into sight in a city and blast your head off... but each to their own way of gaming.

That's why you clear the hills first, and that's also why you don't run around without a care in the world in elektro, even if the server only has 5 players in it. It's been happening since the mod. Now, I'm not telling you to get over it or get out, but do you think maybe you should just stick to one server, and die a lot? I mean to learn from experience rather than rare occurrences on various low pops?

Get over it, or get out.

Combat logging is just a dick move, to get YOU out of YOUR OWN mistakes, so don't you be swearing at anybody. It's a situation that YOU got into out of YOUR OWN carelessness, so take it like a man, you spineless coward.

gif-games-dayz-1080552.gif

Honestly, there needs to be some sort of temp-ban mechanism for this. Maybe when the servers become better, if they detect that you are in combat, and you logged, you get banned until a certain hour of the day, or the next day. Or they could put in one where it gets worse and worse, until you eventually hit a day.

Edited by Dr.Burd
  • Like 2

gif-games-dayz-1080552.gif

Honestly, there needs to be some sort of temp-ban mechanism for this. Maybe when the servers become better, if they detect that you are in combat, and you logged, you get banned until a certain hour of the day, or the next day. Or they could put in one where it gets worse and worse, until you eventually hit a day.

Yeah I'm ok with being a spineless coward as a bambi vs a sniper rifle. M4 / SKS fights in the middle of city is what I love.

Combat logging is nothing like that Image, you have 15 second peroid where you character sits around and can die even once you have left the game.

and that last part about an official ban. Never Going to happen, I promise it, goodluck though.

The idea so far it's ok to Combat log as long you are willing to sit out for 6 minutes, maybe go take a tea break heh?

Man the amount of people butthurt from combat loggers, geez I've had a few combat loggers leave me too and I just laughed it off saying they shat themselves and left the server dude. KOSing doesn't help the game all too much either, makes it a bad COD type of game with excessive amount of running.

Edited by blazed

15 seconds is far too low of a time for combat logging.

Your character should be in a sitting animation for atleast 2 minutes.

If your character gets shot at your character enters a 5 minute cool down timer where he cannot quit the game. Quitting the game or alt f4 in this state will cause your character to sit indefinitely or until the server restarts.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm ok with being a spineless coward as a bambi vs a sniper rifle. M4 / SKS fights in the middle of city is what I love.

Combat logging is nothing like that Image, you have 15 second peroid where you character sits around and can die even once you have left the game.

and that last part about an official ban. Never Going to happen, I promise it, goodluck though.

The idea so far it's ok to Combat log as long you are willing to sit out for 6 minutes, maybe go take a tea break heh?

Clearly you've never held somebody up in cherno.

I was playing once, held up a guy in cherno, he wasn't talking to me, but he did put his hands up and go and type, I told him to get on the ground, and drop his backpack. I let him keep all his M4 magazines, but I took all the ammo. (Was trying true bandit.)

He continued to kneel with his hands behind his head, and I continued to talk to him, I had everything I wanted now. So I was about to tell him to leave when he got up, started doing the side to side dance, stopped for at least a second and half, and disappeared. I honestly think it depends on your connection. I've had friends that have logged off in the woods with me, instantly disappear when they've pressed exit.

There's still nothing justifying combat logging except for being a complete cowardly asshat.

So, I'll say it once more: Get over it, or get out. Go play the game without shrinking out as soon as you see somebody with more stuff than you running through cherno. Instead of pissing yourself, leaving, then crying like a bitch on your bed, how about you do one of two things:

1.) See what he has, if he hasn't a combat helmet, run up behind him in first person, and bash his head in with a baseball bat or an axe, or your fists.

2.) Just avoid him and sneak around.

I once spawned in on the shoreline just beside Berezino, I had heard there was a bandit shooting new-spawns over in Solnichniy, so I went over and checked it out, and I found nothing, so I assumed he moved on to maybe Elektro as upon moving along, I had found nothing in Kamyshovo. So after finding a sporter in one of the buildings, and a monkey wrench, I left for Elektro, as I needed ammo before heading to Balota.

Sure as shit enough there was a guy in Elektro shooting all the scrubs who were running in the streets, giving no quarter. He had an M4. So what did I do? I waited until he got near, and ran at him with my wrench, as I was too adrenalin pumped to think of anything else smarter at the time and I bashed his head in, took his m4, and emptied the current magazine on his m4 into his head. He learned something and I learned something:

He learned that he should choose performance over looks and should stop wearing a boonie.

I learned that serpentine is really effective in close quarters, as people tend to panic. (Never really had been desperate enough to kill somebody who was armed and pointing at me with melee before)

So what did I get out of it? Decked M4, full TTSKOs, ruined boonie hat, respirator, 3 60 round mags, and a PILE of ammo, as well as tons of food and water.

I also got 2 protector cases, 2 ammo boxes, a magnum, and 2 med kits.

Hmm.... you might say that *GASP*

Not pussying out... is a lot more rewarding!?

Who knew.

Edited by Dr.Burd

If your character gets shot at your character enters a 5 minute cool down timer where he cannot quit the game. Quitting the game or alt f4 in this state will cause your character to sit indefinitely or until the server restarts.

Yeah they need to come up with better ways but 2 minutes is rather long, what if you didnt see anyone, or get into any combat, you log out , then a minute later someone walks into the same building as you and kills you? Then all of sudden you're a fresh spawn, screaming omg stupid bugs/glitch/reset etc.

Most times when you get shot (and lucky enough to survive) you run for cover or into a building, and then it turns into a long stand off, it takes ages for them to approach you. They might not even approach you at all and go off killing other people in a city or dying etc, they certainly don't want to come to the door where you have the upper hand. You cannot be expected to sit and game for 1 more hour just because you got into a gun fight, and shouldn't need to go all kamikaze too as that's not realistic either.

The game needs to cater to both casual gamers and hardcore games, can't expect everyone to have an hour available if they happen to get into a combat all of a sudden.

How about no more timers. They should come up with a lasting solution that doesn't involve your character being a sitting duck when you are offline. Something robust so that doesn't allow logging out to be exploited by cowards (e.g. those that take shots at people, get scared and then log out) but doesn't affect the vast majority of players.

Clearly you've never held somebody up in cherno.

I was playing once, held up a guy in cherno, he wasn't talking to me, but he did put his hands up and go and type, I told him to get on the ground, and drop his backpack. I let him keep all his M4 magazines, but I took all the ammo. (Was trying true bandit.)

He continued to kneel with his hands behind his head, and I continued to talk to him, I had everything I wanted now. So I was about to tell him to leave when he got up, started doing the side to side dance, stopped for at least a second and half, and disappeared. I honestly think it depends on your connection. I've had friends that have logged off in the woods with me, instantly disappear when they've pressed exit.

There's still nothing justifying combat logging except for being a complete cowardly asshat.

So, I'll say it once more: Get over it, or get out. Go play the game without shrinking out as soon as you see somebody with more stuff than you running through cherno. Instead of pissing yourself, leaving, then crying like a bitch on your bed, how about you do one of two things:

1.) See what he has, if he hasn't a combat helmet, run up behind him in first person, and bash his head in with a baseball bat or an axe, or your fists.

2.) Just avoid him and sneak around.

I once spawned in on the shoreline just beside Berezino, I had heard there was a bandit shooting new-spawns over in Solnichniy, so I went over and checked it out, and I found nothing, so I assumed he moved on to maybe Elektro as upon moving along, I had found nothing in Kamyshovo. So after finding a sporter in one of the buildings, and a monkey wrench, I left for Elektro, as I needed ammo before heading to Balota.

Sure as shit enough there was a guy in Elektro shooting all the scrubs who were running in the streets, giving no quarter. He had an M4. So what did I do? I waited until he got near, and ran at him with my wrench, as I was too adrenalin pumped to think of anything else smarter at the time and I bashed his head in, took his m4, and emptied the current magazine on his m4 into his head. He learned something and I learned something:

He learned that he should choose performance over looks and should stop wearing a boonie.

I learned that serpentine is really effective in close quarters, as people tend to panic. (Never really had been desperate enough to kill somebody who was armed and pointing at me with melee before)

So what did I get out of it? Decked M4, full TTSKOs, ruined boonie hat, respirator, 3 60 round mags, and a PILE of ammo, as well as tons of food and water.

I also got 2 protector cases, 2 ammo boxes, a magnum, and 2 med kits.

Hmm.... you might say that *GASP*

Not pussying... out is a lot more rewarding!?

Who knew.

First of all maybe you should read all my posts where I have already mentioned that usually I try to punch geared guys and knock them out to take their shit.

Secondly I have never had any of my friends or clan members instantly disappearing, I'm pretty sure the 15 second delay was added some patches ago as a counter measure to combat loggers.

Thirdly, You are still telling me how to play my ****ing game, guess what as long as I'm not abusing any bugs glitching or hacks I'm playing the game the way it can be played, each to their own, wtf is this dictatorial **** of you gotta play like this because thats what we think is right? Guess what buddy when people can set rules on their servers and I like those rules I'll pick and stick to the rules i like, so will everyone else, maybe there will be servers where all leavers are Perma-Ban, that can be a server for you, won't be for me though. Thumbs up!

How about no more timers. They should come up with a lasting solution that doesn't involve your character being a sitting duck when you are offline. Something robust so that doesn't allow logging out to be exploited by cowards (e.g. those that take shots at people, get scared and then log out) but doesn't affect the vast majority of players.

What you are looking for does not exist.

There are only 2 solutions what I suggested or have your character permanently in the server sleeping on the floor when you log off.

Thirdly, You are still telling me how to play my ****ing game, guess what as long as I'm not abusing any bugs glitching or hacks I'm playing the game the way it can be played, each to their own, wtf is this dictatorial **** of you gotta play like this because thats what we think is right? Guess what buddy when people can set rules on their servers and I like those rules I'll pick and stick to the rules i like, so will everyone else, maybe there will be servers where all leavers are Perma-Ban, that can be a server for you, won't be for me though. Thumbs up!

Multiplayer game, isn't your game, stick that label onto singleplayer games.

Edited by Dr.Burd

The only reason to rant about this, is if you're an avid server hopper

Server hopping is for noobs. I have over 600hrs or so. I think I know how to kill a fully geared player with a pistol.   Or better yet knock his helmetless head out with my fists to get my gear fairly... JEEZE.. ...  .. . .rofl >.>

My original post had several valid reasons for hating this beside server hopping like the common folk.. Disgusting creatures really, Hippity hopping around servers, Like they were a bunch of savage bunny rabbits...

Edited by G.Freeman