Jumbaliah

Do you want pooping in this game?

To poop or not to poop  

616 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want pooping?

Ah, so you're on the "can't criticise development priorities because hasn't worked in software development" team, huh? I quite like the sound of the "invest more in sorting out the problems first" team - you know, the one that operates quite effectively in many organisations and projects.

Heh, I see you are busy confirming my last post. Hats off.

The reason people are so against this idea is exactly the same reason people are against stamina, disease,mil/moa turrets,carry weight limits, wind and other realistic survival aspects.

It gets in the way of their dude bro coastal PvP circle jerk.

All of these features including defecation put more of an emphasis on survival and adds depth and complexity.

If the game intends to fully develop the survival mechanics then this needs to be in.It's a basic human function and ignoring this bodily function will lead to death and discomfort.

• Like 4

The reason people are so against this idea is exactly the same reason people are against stamina, disease,mil/moa turrets,carry weight limits, wind and other realistic survival aspects.

All of these features including defecation put more of an emphasis on survival and adds depth and complexity.

If the game intends to fully develop the survival mechanics then this needs to be in.It's a basic human function and ignoring this bodily function will lead to death and discomfort.

Pretty much.  It's funny, yes let's eat people but don't you dare at shitting because that's wrong. 

I don't really PvP unless I'm forced to, and I'm not against survival elements of the game - like many of those you mention. I'm not against pooping because it's "wrong". I'm against it because (i)  I think development of the game should have other priorities, but also (ii)  it's taking realism to a degree where it overtakes fun. If you'd really like to play a pooping simulator, then I'm not sure what that says about you.

Edited by Mookie

I don't really PvP unless I'm forced to, and I'm not against survival elements of the game - like many of those you mention. I'm not against pooping because it's "wrong". I'm against it because (i) I think development of the game should have other priorities, but also (ii) it's taking realism to a degree where it overtakes fun. If you'd really like to play a pooping simulator, then I'm not sure what that says about you.

How is that wrong?

What makes you think realism is not a priority or of importance?

Everything in the game suggests that realism is of utmost importance.

It does not take a rocket scientist to see that defecation could tie into do many of the already existing gameplay mechanics.

Tracking, disease, nutritional mechanics,etc

All of these and more could be improved with this addition.

I would understand the apprehension for this if the game was marketed towards children but that is not the case the game is rated for adults.

Edited by gibonez
  • Like 1

How is that wrong?

What makes you think realism is not a priority or of importance?

Everything in the game suggests that realism is of utmost importance.

It does not take a rocket scientist to see that defecation could tie into do many of the already existing gameplay mechanics.

Tracking, disease, nutritional mechanics,etc

All of these and more could be improved with this addition.

I would understand the apprehension for this if the game was marketed towards children but that is not the case the game is rated for adults.

Re-read my post please. It does not take a rocket (I'm assuming that's not an intentional pun btw) scientist to see that 'realism' can be a slippery slope to a game (NB, game) with far too many mechanical processes for the player to manage, to the extent that managing them takes over from running around, exploring, looting, huntin', shootin', and fishin', and all those other things we enjoy.

If we have pooping, we'll have to have peeing too btw. Never mind the griefers, imagine what the hackers will be able to do with this. Half of us will just run around being constantly incontinent...

Nothing on the game should not be added simply because of a fear of what hackers could or could not do.

Peeing does not need to be added since I cannot see how it would be directly tied to disease.

Peeing does not need to be added since I cannot see how it would be directly tied to disease.

Until it starts burning

• Like 2

if pooping or farting comes to the game, it just means the Devs are low on ideas.But with the amount of beans Iv eaten,I should squeeze one out now and then

if pooping or farting comes to the game, it just means the Devs are low on ideas.But with the amount of beans Iv eaten,I should squeeze one out now and then

Pooping good farting bad

I don't care what people think of me, I think pooping ingame would be so funny, I would literally be in hysterics if I pooped on someone after they tried to kill me. Would never get old. I wouldn't make it a necessity, but a taunt on the F keys.

Make it an F key gesture!

i dont really care if a pooping mechanic is added to the game or not, but i guess that the update would be a load of shit...

Well you can vomit on ocelot in metal gear solid 3 so sure why not poo in dayz?

My first thought is "Cool finally a reason to visit the port-a-potties and outhouses" the second was "It will suck getting caught with your pants down".  Heck I would just say using the bathroom no matter which side of the body needs relieving.

It is a natural bodily function as long as it is properly added to the game is fine with me. Randomized time and percentage based on activity level, food and water consumption along with what types of food consumed, overall health status, diseases and carrying weight. The longer you hold having to use the bathroom, the longer the time to do your business is, the shorter the time is until it is no longer voluntary, the more unstable you get, and the easier it becomes for you to catch diseases. If you really have to go to the bathroom and you are trying to eat more for some reason the less food you actually intake and the more you lose to the ground, even works for trying to load ammo.

Sure it will give more options for the griefers out there. It will also gives those griefers problems, if they hold it to long they may be dropping the kids off at the pool at the wrong time and catch a bullet to the brain pan.

Before you read this idea know that no models , sound effects are not needed for this one so it wont ruin some people perfect lifes.

The idea is to make piss and poop with character (because this game isnt Kim Jong-un simulator who doesnt need to poop or is it ?)

Pissing- should be after drinking too much water or pipsi + some time , also you could fill bottle with piss i think Bear Grylls will aprove that.

Pooping- well after eating something obviously and after some time you go behind a tree  ( just simple squat animation will do)

Diarrhea- yes i think this one should be implemented aswell forcing you faster to go pooping after eating wrong combination of food ( baked beans with spaghetti and peaches ) and making you to do it more frequently (atleast that charcoal tablets will have proper use). WARNING this could also ruin your pants (not RED but BROWN ruined ) but making them wet , soaked or damp will put them back to original state.

WHY ? : because it makes the game more role-playing , people will have to do more than just run and smash zombies .

Edited by Aktymel

I can go days without pooping XD metabolism change different from person to person, some must do it 3 times a day, others 2, others none, it would be interesting to see how they would use this mechanic, but i think there is just alot more important features to be added or fixed within the game alredy before they even think of pooping within game.

Answer:

No.

Dear god someone poke some holes in this thread so it sinks to the bottom of the forums 

Edited by DeatHTaX

well after reading here is my two cents. like some have already said, you wont be able to poop whenever you want, or you would have haemorrhoids for pushing it all the time lol. plus the "kids will abuse it" card is non sence, when dean had mentioned it he meant for diseases like cholera, so when sickness become more then just passing out, from eating rotten kiwi you would get a diarrhea and would have to drink lots of water and stop often untill you felt better, including having to eat healthy food.

now add the zombie threats when they will be everywhere, players. so if you ate something bad out of desperation and got sick, suddenly having to poop and a a horde chases you, you wouldnt have time to squat thus leading you to crap your pants. Dean also mentioned about wearing another players clothing that are contaminated.

now this will include that the kids would not be able to put their crap in a container because they would also get sick if carried around. this also leads to tracking with dogs not only humans but also animals and so on. so my taking is that water sources near by any city would be poluted, and in need of purification, but those sources out in the wild might a change of natural diseases or none.

bottom line is, this would make us players think before pvp as often and only needed because need to remember this. dehydration also causes diarrhea........ i think this is the scope dean was aiming at. then again why should we stop the really sick demented to pull crazy stunts with poop? i mean the are those really insane out in the real world too right?       

Edited by reapers239

So Sexy made a very good point.

What about wiping? 

Is TP gonna be a loot item?

What about washing up? You can get sick if u don't wash and eat food after. Is hand sanitizer gonna be a loot item?

What happens if you don't wipe? Do you get a rash?

It really just sounds less and less like fun as more points come up about it

in the mod we would find tons of trash loot toilet paper was one of them

I can go days without pooping XD metabolism change different from person to person, some must do it 3 times a day, others 2, others none,

I know a guy who only has to go once a week. I have no idea how that works, but it sure is facinating.

like some have already said, you wont be able to poop whenever you want, or you would have gonorrhea for pushing it all the time lol.

That's, uhh... Definitely not how you get gonorrhea. I can't go into anymore detail here though, you'll have to ask your mum for clarification.

As for the topic, is it really that controversial? I mean, it's a basic bodily function and everybody does it. No biggie.

I don't see it on the roadmap though, it might have been pushed back (or even, sucked back up).

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 2

I know a guy who only has to go once a week. I have no idea how that works, but it sure is facinating.

That's, uhh... Definitely not how you get gonorrhea. I can't go into anymore detail here though, you'll have to ask your mum for clarification.

As for the topic, is it really that controversial? I mean, it's a basic bodily function and everybody does it. No biggie.

I don't see it on the roadmap though, it might have been pushed back (or even, sucked back up).

i meant haemorrhoids so fixed my post 

There is a fine line though.

Sleep is bodily function too...but this is taking things to a whole new level.