Jumbaliah

Do you want pooping in this game?

To poop or not to poop  

616 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want pooping?

And boiling water doesn't sanitize it completely, it doesn't mean people won't do it if it's all they can do. You survive by doing what you have to, not what by doing what is safe.

The point is not to consider how much your actions affect your life span, the point is to survive until tomorrow, next week, next season, maybe a couple years.

Incorrect. Biological organisms and viruses get killed in water of a certain temperature. It doesn't even have to be boiling; the boiling just lets you know everything in there is dead. The boiling, however, will not "remove" chemical contaminants, which might be what you are referring to. That is why you filter drinking water after you boil it, just to be sure.

And, with regards to your second sentence, they are literally the exact same thing.

And boiling water doesn't sanitize it completely, it doesn't mean people won't do it if it's all they can do. You survive by doing what you have to, not what by doing what is safe.

The point is not to consider how much your actions affect your life span, the point is to survive until tomorrow, next week, next season, maybe a couple years.

Ok, but if that is the case then you Don't row crop without livestock. You use the livestock pooh as fertilizer. Horses make WAY more fertilizer, and much better, than you or me. In fact early man was more of a carnivore than anything else. Fruits nuts, berries, fish (which dead fish is a good fertilizer) and barbeque. We were big time carnivores before organized farming. Inuits eat almost nothing but meat right now, and the get all the nutrition they need. Peta hates that fact, but oh well. Edited by Zombie Milkman

Incorrect. Biological organisms and viruses get killed in water of a certain temperature. It doesn't even have to be boiling; the boiling just lets you know everything in there is dead. The boiling, however, will not "remove" chemical contaminants, which might be what you are referring to. That is why you filter drinking water after you boil it, just to be sure.

And, with regards to your second sentence, they are literally the exact same thing.

So i was correct, what was the point of quoting me?

This is the shittiest idea I've seen in a long time.

Will we in this case ever see the promised desease and infection system anyway ? It sadly wasn't mentioned in any devblog or roadmap but announed very early as a major feature for the SA. If it will be implemented as planned, pooping ( in any form) would be of course a vital part of such a system, to properly simulate all different aspects of deseases and infections like for example Blood Flux, Cholera and Typhus. This does not mean that it has to be fully animated or even controlled by the player....important in this case is not the pooping itself but stuff like spreading infections especially in high populated areas and for example scenarios where clean water would become more valuable than an M4 or an AK....

For me personal an absolutely must have for an apocalyptic survival scenario...

just my two cents...

Hello there

This is exactly the type of post i referred too earlier.

Read the thread and youll find out why its so emotive.

Rdgs

LoK

I just pooped a little reading this. I just wanted to say, although it may seem like a crappy job you do good work, especially weeding through the diarrhea that can ploop on the boards. I don't want to leave this thread on a brown note, but holy sheet, it's the cow pie. This post is coming across like a well formed skidmark but I just want you to smell the nugget I'm trying to convey. I mean, turds, it's not coming out right. Maybe it's a turtle head poking out, or maybe we're prairie doggin' it? I've smeared this post all over the place and I'm not sure it can even be wiped up. From floaters, to pies, to logs, to bell ringers (if someone asks I'll explain what this is) orlok I just wanted to give you a little dookie about smelling your way through such a duece of a topic. Man, the shit you guys deal with... pewp.

If they do implement pooping I hope I can at least hit G and throw it. Hopefully the throwing mechanism will be fixed by then - it would be embarrassing to throw crap at someone and be stuck standing there for 20 seconds in the throwing animation while your turd went a measly 5 feet (throwing distance is also rather gimp at the moment). It could also be fun to throw onto someone's camp fire and see what happens.

Then fine don't have a 3d modeled turd but the act of defecation or the simulation of defecation would add alot to the game.

They can just have an animation where the player squats and proceeds to defecate and pretend wipes or whatever.

The actual 3d modeled turd does not need to be there not that I see a problem with it. As for not being added due to the amount of children that play I have one thing to say about that.

The game is rated Mature those kids should not be playing it anyway so them playing the game should not ever even be a factor and should not be taken into consideration.

I know that those kids should not be playing the game, but the fact that they are is worth a consideration.

All I can think of is the bizarre scatological torment and griefing that would inevitably happen.

I know that those kids should not be playing the game, but the fact that they are is worth a consideration.

All I can think of is the bizarre scatological torment and griefing that would inevitably happen.

You don't need kids for that. A lot of players you'd expect to be mature will embrace scat griefing. 

I think it would add a lot of entertainment to the game. Seriously, why not? Adds tons of possibilities to the game. Doesn't have to be frequent. Just adds another bit of realism, as well as the potential for some interesting scenarios.

I hope in the future they also add the ability to cannibalize fresh corpses. 

Edited by t1337Dude

The game is rated Mature those kids should not be playing it anyway so them playing the game should not ever even be a factor and should not be taken into consideration.

Exactly why hold back changes because people who shouldn't even be playing the game are doing so?

"Someone took their baby in to the restaurant, looks like we can't sell alcohol any more" that's about as much sense as it makes.

Poop is actually useful though a survival tactic is pooping in a plastic bag and holding it, since it's warm, if that sounds childish it's you who's childish not the idea it's something soldiers and whatnot actually do because they have to.

And you could use it for fertilizer nobody wants to handle their own poop but that doesn't mean the stuff isn't helpful in various ways.

Does it REALLY matter if people would use it in immature ways? This is a game where you can force feed people rotten fruit and poison them with disinfectant as well as inject them with strange substances, it's not like it would bring a new level of immaturity to the game it's already there.

In game I would rather have poop thrown at me and be left to live than poisoned or just straight up shot.

The main issue is hygiene.

Do they add toilet paper to go with it or what? Because if not we'd need to be able to wash ourselves or it would be pointlessly dumb, what use is fabulous looking pristine gear when you've got heaps of shit sticking to your butt hair?

Suppose they could add a type of leafy plant to harvest leaves from? Which could also double as kindling for fires so it's not merely the arse wiping plant.

• Like 1

The main issue is hygiene.

Do they add toilet paper to go with it or what? Because if not we'd need to be able to wash ourselves or it would be pointlessly dumb, what use is fabulous looking pristine gear when you've got heaps of shit sticking to your butt hair?

Suppose they could add a type of leafy plant to harvest leaves from? Which could also double as kindling for fires so it's not merely the arse wiping plant.

thought of using a rag ??? 

thought of using a rag ??? 

Well there's not an infinite supply of rippable clothes is there? Though they could be re-usable for that purpose I guess.

Get the wrong plant :

My ass is burning. 

• Like 1

I think it would add a lot of entertainment to the game. Seriously, why not? Adds tons of possibilities to the game. Doesn't have to be frequent. Just adds another bit of realism, as well as the potential for some interesting scenarios.

"interesting scenarios"

"interesting scenarios"

For example, it'd be great to see an unarmed runner shit his pants from being chased too long at an inconvenient time. Pooped pants should reduce run speed by 33%, so then the unarmed runner wouldn't be able to get away anymore.

Or maybe you're hanging around NWAF and you hear some chunky poop farts coming from the tree 20 meters behind you. You sneak over there and discover a sniper dropping his load, kill him, take his stuff.

etc.

But if they include pooping, should they include pissing too? It would make sense I guess.

Jesus Christ, guys, it is almost like nobody has ever actually been on a long backpacking trip.

When your body is under stress ( AKA long hours of hiking, running for your life, living off of low levels of food, dehydrated, etc), ​ it suppresses the need for defecation, in order to both extract more water/nutrients from the waste, and to avoid losing water through defecation You might be stupid, but your body isn't.

Go out into the woods, and don't eat/drink anything for a few days, or subside off of plant matter you find. Tell me how many times you poop, and, when you come back to civilization, tell me just what it felt like when you did relieve yourself. When all the water is extracted from fecal matter in the large intestine, you will feel like you are passing a life-sized statue of the Crucifixion.  AKA, unless you drink some bad water (and if you do, you deserve to die), you will most likely not be pooping all that often.

Finally, again, just what the hell is with this focus on pooping yourself?! I am ever so slightly concerned.....

Jesus Christ, guys, it is almost like nobody has ever actually been on a long backpacking trip.

When your body is under stress ( AKA long hours of hiking, running for your life, living off of low levels of food, dehydrated, etc), ​ it suppresses the need for defecation, in order to both extract more water/nutrients from the waste, and to avoid losing water through defecation You might be stupid, but your body isn't.

Go out into the woods, and don't eat/drink anything for a few days, or subside off of plant matter you find. Tell me how many times you poop, and, when you come back to civilization, tell me just what it felt like when you did relieve yourself. When all the water is extracted from fecal matter in the large intestine, you will feel like you are passing a life-sized statue of the Crucifixion.  AKA, unless you drink some bad water (and if you do, you deserve to die), you will most likely not be pooping all that often.

Finally, again, just what the hell is with this focus on pooping yourself?! I am ever so slightly concerned.....

But the point is you still poop. And DayZ isn't an actual survival situation, usually people are healthy and luxuriously stacked on food - rarely characters in this game are going through great lengths of time without eating or drinkings (just fresh spawns). Ever watch Survivorman? Les Stroud poops. Poop's a part of life. Why ignore it?

But the point is you still poop. And DayZ isn't an actual survival situation, usually people are healthy and luxuriously stacked on food - rarely characters in this game are going through great lengths of time without eating or drinkings (just fresh spawns). Ever watch Survivorman? Les Stroud poops. Poop's a part of life. Why ignore it?

Day Z.... isn't a survival situation? 

Mate....survival isn't just "food and shelter and shit".

Re-read what I stated above. STRESS. Les Stroud isn't stressed (or, a lot, at least), because he knows if the shit hits the fan, a helicopter would swing by to pick him up ( do you honestly think the network would let their "baby" die?). You would definitely be under stress if you had to hike 10 kilometers a day, on little more than a cold can of beans, fighting off your infected neighbors all the way.

And, what do you think would happen when the Devs severely lessen food spawns, as they have said they were going to do, and from what I have read, has already started happening in .50 Experimental? Subsiding off of foraged vegetables (AKA high in fiber), or when standing water becomes dangerous to drink straight? 

Case in point: I've been on a backpacking trip for 10 days. I had plenty of water, and enough food so that I was never hungry. Guess how many times I shat in those 10 days?  TWICE. I urinated far, FAR more times than I defecated. (which, I would not want implemented either. It is already abstracted enough through game mechanics)

Day Z.... isn't a survival situation? 

Mate....survival isn't just "food and shelter and shit".

Re-read what I stated above. STRESS. Les Stroud isn't stressed (or, a lot, at least), because he knows if the shit hits the fan, a helicopter would swing by to pick him up ( do you honestly think the network would let their "baby" die?). You would definitely be under stress if you had to hike 10 kilometers a day, on little more than a cold can of beans, fighting off your infected neighbors all the way.

And, what do you think would happen when the Devs severely lessen food spawns, as they have said they were going to do, and from what I have read, has already started happening in .50 Experimental? Subsiding off of foraged vegetables (AKA high in fiber), or when standing water becomes dangerous to drink straight? 

Case in point: I've been on a backpacking trip for 10 days. I had plenty of water, and enough food so that I was never hungry. Guess how many times I shat in those 10 days?  TWICE. I urinated far, FAR more times than I defecated. (which, I would not want implemented either. It is already abstracted enough through game mechanics)

People will still stock up on food and water. Just because you suck at the game and don't have food and water doesn't mean other people aren't good at the game and lack having plenty of it. So then, your argument for it not existing is because you suck at the game, which isn't a valid argument.

What about people who don't suck at the game, don't hike all the time, and have tons of food? Why can't they take a crap? You're applying your situation to everyone else's. Not everyone spends their time in this game hiking 24/7 with no food. Plenty of people have tons of food and are already where they want to be, even in .50. 

Case in point: Every point in your post is completely arbitrary... Stop applying your circumstances to everyone globally. DayZ isn't a hiking trip for everyone...and who cares how little you poop? The point is that it's in the game. The hunger mechanics are obviously sped up, so the pooping would be too. They can even please people like you and make it so people who hike more poop less. Or is that thinking too much outside the box?

Edited by t1337Dude

People will still stock up on food and water. Just because you suck at the game and don't have food and water doesn't mean other people aren't good at the game and have plenty of it? So then, your argument for it not existing is because you suck at the game?

What about people who don't suck at the game, don't hike all the time, and have tons of food? Why can't they take a crap? You're applying your situation to everyone else's. Not everyone spends their time in this game hiking 24/7 with no food. Plenty of people have tons of food and are already where they want to be, even in .50. 

Case in point: Every point in your post is completely arbitrary... Stop applying your circumstances to everyone globally. DayZ isn't a hiking trip for everyone...and who cares how little you poop? The point is that it's in the game. The hunger mechanics are obviously sped up, so the pooping would be too. 

You obviously are not understanding my point.

You obviously are not understanding my point.

Re-iterate in a way I can understand. To me it sounds like you think a mechanic shouldn't exist because your playstyle has a lot of running and not a lot of food eating. That isn't everyone's playstyle. Some people get food, camp, and aren't subject whatever effects being under stress would cause to your digestion system.

What is your point anyways? You don't poop? Your point sucks dude...no matter much you hike or how little you eat - you have to eventually poop. You say it's slow, but guess what - the digestion process in this game is sped up, so it wouldn't be THAT slow, and even then, at least the mechanic would still be in the game...

Edited by t1337Dude

Re-iterate in a way I can understand. To me it sounds like you think a mechanic shouldn't exist because your playstyle has a lot of running and not a lot of food eating. That isn't everyone's playstyle. Some people get food, camp, and aren't subject whatever effects being under stress would cause to your digestion system.

What is your point anyways? You don't poop? Your point sucks dude...

No, what I am saying is that excessive defecation is unrealistic in a survival situation. "Stress" ins't just a physical thing, being tired. It is a psychological, mental thing. Just because someone has made a fire and is sitting by it doesn't mean they relaxed. They could be (and should be) thinking ahead: where am I going to move tomorrow? Do I have enough water? I need more ammunition. Man, I hope those zombie-things don't come in the night when I am asleep. I hope nobody can see this fire from the road....... BOOM, stress! And it doesn't only affect the digestive system: literally your whole body is affected: wounds take longer to heal, you suffer from headaches and your decision-making skills are impacted, your immune system is compromised, you have trouble sleeping (which adds to stress).Everything.

Plus, where are these people going to get their stockpiles of food from? Eventually, they are going to have to go to town to get more. And if you stash food in a camp, it sure as hell better be ripped apart by animals while you are away.

And mate, EVERYONE's playing style has a lot of running at this point, what with no vehicles and all. When vehicles are added, they will either require muscle power (physical fatigue, AKA stress) or fuel, which hopefully will be "little and far between".

this is my favourite thread ever on the internet, for real