SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

Utes existed very early on but was removed.

Hopefully that means another island is being created.

I don't think that it has been removed for good. Probably they will overhaul it and implement it as soon as ships and helis are in as well...

I don't think that it has been removed for good. Probably they will overhaul it and implement it as soon as ships and helis are in as well...

I don't think it fit the "mood" of SA...hopefully it either gets a complete overhaul or a new island is completely done from scratch.  Preferably one with a huge prison on it.

I don't think it fit the "mood" of SA...hopefully it either gets a complete overhaul or a new island is completely done from scratch.  Preferably one with a huge prison on it.

I remember Dean saying that for the prison they want to create a completely new island ...I personnally think Utes would be perfect  for a huge evac camp or some kind of a resort island...

I remember Dean saying that for the prison they want to create a completely new island ...I personnally think Utes would be perfect  for a huge evac camp or some kind of a resort island...

Yeah I remember this too, I hope this is done!

I think 100 player servers are desperately needed.

Yes, you will meet other players on 30 or 40 player servers, but mostly in hot spots. As soon as you go further inland the game becomes very very boring. However, high player counts combined with spread out spawns and respawning loot based on area population might lead to a very healthy spread of players over the map in the future.

Right now not sticking to the hotspots leads to a very boring but long life of your character. On the other hand it feels weird to force oneself into the populated areas and join the slaughering to get "more interesting" gameplay.

To be fair, right now there exist a few spots which make up for interesting encounters without becoming deathmatch areas. However it would be way more fun if we had more of those, wouldn't it?

Yes, you will meet other players on 30 or 40 player servers, but mostly in hot spots. As soon as you go further inland the game becomes very very boring. However, high player counts combined with spread out spawns and respawning loot based on area population might lead to a very healthy spread of players over the map in the future.

Right now not sticking to the hotspots leads to a very boring but long life of your character. On the other hand it feels weird to force oneself into the populated areas and join the slaughering to get "more interesting" gameplay.

To be fair, right now there exist a few spots which make up for interesting encounters without becoming deathmatch areas. However it would be way more fun if we had more of those, wouldn't it?

I don't know about desperately but an option to have them would be good

Its a valid point but also wanted to shout out for keeping a 'wilderness' and survival type feel, where encouters are rare and the majority of things you see is zombies. i also think spawn points need re-considering, I prefered spawning people all along the south and east coast to spread the load. I know there is good gear at Balota but so is there at NE Airfield. isn;t the island called Skalisty or something? It used to have a firestation and other buildings in the mod server i played on, but now it is empty?

Edited by AgentNe0

Quote Loopest

Too many animals

Can't say I agree. Played about 10 hours on experimental and encountered one wild boar

Quote Deathlove

Well idk i feel things like the ballistic helm are just not doing there job very well at the moment even at pristine condition.

Friend of mine blasted a guy at 10m with the M4 including a headshot (ballistic helmet) but he survived. Then I hit the guy in the arm or side of chest and he died. There seems to be a little bit of luck involved, as in real-life, I suppose.

Quote Sharks on a plane

Cool story, bro. Tell it again.

My eyes are hurting from all the repetitions, talk about rubber banding experience and camping holiday diary entries.

Quote Irish

Less Weapons = More Fists.

More realistic melee system = less fists. The fist melee in this game is pure nonsense. Somebody like me who did roughly nine years of diverse MA, this left jab / right cross / back and forth nonsense with zombies trying to evade by doing a pop-music-dance-move with their head makes me shudder.

Quote bautschi

You know, running in full speed, changing direction by slowing down and accellerating in the new direction. It's currently zig zaggin like in unreal tournament 99 while sprinting.

Well the physics definitely need some fixing , but zig-zagging while running forward is actually pretty realistic (except for when you're wearing a 50 pound backpack)

My Issues

Zombies:

Still glitch through walls of camo nests at NWAF (barricade wall towards north)

Still swim through floors of buildings

Can still glitch look into Airbase prison building.

Rubber banding can catapult you into police building barricaded room (?) which means an agonizing death

Items that are dropped disappear quite often

ATLAS Bipod does not connect to Mosin

Using a badly damaged kitchen knife creates steaks with -1% or -4% left to eat, but a pristine pelt.

In reality, it would create a badly damaged pelt and steaks about 30%-60%

Fireplaces are not visible after roughly 100 meters in pitch black night, there is a threshhold where it goes from bright to pitch dark. You can see the fireplace again if you zoom.

Loot at helicopter crash sites is forgettable in my opinion. Found a helicopter and there were two empty 1911s, two 30 round mags and two M4 attachments. *yawn how exciting*

Can we please have one fully loaded gun at the heli crash sites minimum? Besides, I still think it's totally unrealistic you never find an M4 or AKM with an empty or almost empty clip.

Crouching (or was it prone?)  in the derelict freight ship's east side causes you to become "soaked"

Somebody spawning into where you're standing causes your legs to break.

I was far northwest on a DE server and somebody started telling people he's looking for friends at the Berezino church. He was talking about having ended up on a global channel. I almost had a heart attack!! Please remove this!

I still totally think this "mining for stones" thing is a dumb idea. If you go looking for rocks for a fireplace you will literally find them ANYWHERE

And on a more general note, can we have servers be dark BEFORE they get looted? Nothing more annoying than dying at sundown and then running through a fully looted server in the pitch dark. I say this because I noticed most servers go dark for a half hour then restart.

Give it time son

Time XD give it enough Time 1,5 Years.

Some Game Named ApocZ on Xbox 360 Indie Market cost 95Cents and have cars and Zombies and Collectable Items for Eating Blood etc.

Time XD give it enough Time 1,5 Years.

Some Game Named ApocZ on Xbox 360 Indie Market cost 95Cents and have cars and Zombies and Collectable Items for Eating Blood etc.

I assume you have watched some videos of apocz - not even close to standalone. oh and it seems to be filled with little school children for a community, at least that's what the vids I watched present. so it might be worth 95 cents but it sure ain't worth any more than that.

I assume you have watched some videos of apocz - not even close to standalone. oh and it seems to be filled with little school children for a community, at least that's what the vids I watched present. so it might be worth 95 cents but it sure ain't worth any more than that.

Watch FrankieIn1080p in youtube very funny indeed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gzsEqi54-0

Edited by fowang
  • Like 3

Watch FrankieIn1080p in youtube very funny indeed

hahah yeah I saw that one too ;) man he's just brutal with the criticism of apocz and sadly I agree with him. its a kiddie game.

• Like 1

hahah yeah I saw that one too ;) man he's just brutal with the criticism of apocz and sadly I agree with him. its a kiddie game.

Who cares? You have "Collectable Items for Eating Blood" - so it's a vampire game, too! Two in one!

just a bad clone....      there was like WarZ also if i remmeber

Edited by brumey

I finally found all the pieces to have a decked out akm with 2 drum mags, now to live out the rest of my life in to woods :rolleyes: , I like the rarity of drum mags as they are currently, makes it an actual choice between going for stick or drums mags(found around 10-16 30 rnd mags in the time searching) I miss the stack exploit, but I've never used more then 200 rounds in a life anyways. regardless of the stock, the gun seems slow to turn though, something that could probably be worked on. other then the extreme rarity of the longhorn, I like what this build is bringing tot he game

I miss the stack exploit

:facepalm:

I have played mod for too long but still cant remember ><

I don't remember what it's called, but I know it's the smallest island in ArmA 2 vanilla. 

Lol, the game looks even more glitchy and laggy than DayZ

It is.

Question: At 013 033 should be some town or anything ?

Edited by TokumeiSennin

Hey guys have any of you experienced constant "wind" while trying to light a match for a fire ? For the past day that I've been playing (a total of like 4 hours on two different servers) and it keeps telling me the match went out because of the wid .... Even though I'm indoors ... And the thing is I went through 2 boxes , one of 97 and and the other of 9 2 matches , all of them said "it has gone out because of the wind ".

I know it's not a complete system but I would like the Devs and community especially to recognize this "problem" , I just think their "wind" system is too simple and no matter where you are it will always blow out the flame if there is wind goin on (which I can never tell if it is ). Help a brother out community !!

Edited by Grapefruit kush

Question: At 013 033 should be some town or anything ?

Yeah it was a WIP and (I think) it was accidentally removed from the latest experimental. It was in the last build however. Though it was small, the town had a cool feel to it.

Edited by solodude23

As concerns the character wiping I've had this happen to me at each server restart on regular servers but not at all on hardcore.

So annoying because I never get to try stuff out on regular. What can I do??

Hey guys have any of you experienced constant "wind" while trying to light a match for a fire ? For the past day that I've been playing (a total of like 4 hours on two different servers) and it keeps telling me the match went out because of the wid .... Even though I'm indoors ... And the thing is I went through 2 boxes , one of 97 and and the other of 9 2 matches , all of them said "it has gone out because of the wind ".

I know it's not a complete system but I would like the Devs and community especially to recognize this "problem" , I just think their "wind" system is too simple and no matter where you are it will always blow out the flame if there is wind goin on (which I can never tell if it is ). Help a brother out community !!

Ive not experienced this but I have seen it, while watching players streams.

It seems to work if you're Crouched rather than standing

As concerns the character wiping I've had this happen to me at each server restart on regular servers but not at all on hardcore.

So annoying because I never get to try stuff out on regular. What can I do??

Could be an issue with steam cloud snyc on your PC!