Terminator75

What processors better and Is hd 7770 enough for dayz?

Guys im Looking to buy a entry level gaming pc. i have a few questions about performance of this game. I read on the forums that this game is pretty CPU intensive.

The processors that fit my budget are - Intel i3 4130 (4th generation) at 3.4 ghz. , then im also interested in the amd Fx 6300 which has 6 cores and a 3.5 ghz clock speed which can be overclocked to 4.5 ghz. Please tell me what processor performes better on this game.

Im gonna pair either one of these cpu's with a Hd 7770 1gb ddr5 (r7 250).  Will this gpu be enough to play this game smoothly on low to med settings (35 fps - 45 fps) or will this bottleneck the processor.

I know its a entry level gaming pc. but im hoping it would be able to run dayz standalone smoothly :D

Please feel free to post your opinions. :D

The intel will do better for DayZ. This game does not like piledriver/steamroller and isn't well multithreaded. For games with better multithreading support, the FX will normally perform better.

Also, It doesn't matter what you buy, your frame rates in cities will be awful. 20-25ish minimum frame rate, but yes a hd7770 will do well enough for DayZ, however I recommend spending a little more and going for an r9 270, just for better performance at 1080p.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit

WHEWWWW an i3?.. That's pretty low.. Don't expect to play on high frames..

I have the same graphics card and an AMD processor with around the same ghz, I can run this game on medium settings with a few setting turned on high very well. You'll always get a frame drop in big cities that's just how the game is but overall that card and processor is enough to play the game decently.

my 2nd computer has also a HD7770 ATI in... + AMD 4400 CPU

all I can say is, you can play dayz-standalone, but turn resolution down to 1024x - and details all on low

Guys im Looking to buy a entry level gaming pc. i have a few questions about performance of this game. I read on the forums that this game is pretty CPU intensive.

The processors that fit my budget are - Intel i3 4130 (4th generation) at 3.4 ghz. , then im also interested in the amd Fx 6300 which has 6 cores and a 3.5 ghz clock speed which can be overclocked to 4.5 ghz. Please tell me what processor performes better on this game.

hy fella, do yourself a favor and save some more money - you won't be happy with that i3.

check out for a xeon e3-1230v3 (around 80 more $) wich has the same specification as an i7 4770 (about 200bucks more), just the integrated graphic is missing on the xeon, but there's no need for.

Edited by Guest