kichilron

Stable Branch: 0.44 Discussion

Stable Branch updated to version-# 0.44.123800

From now on discussions will take place in dedicated topics for patches.

Make sure to keep it on topic.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 18

i was umm… expecting more, but ok.

finally binoculars, thay will be really useful.

Edited by DMentMan
  • Like 15

Also was expecting a little bit more...AKM for instance, but still its better than nothing! Where is the new town?

• Like 6

New town is north of the "old new town" witch is north of airfield.

Yo dawg, we put north into north so that you can north when you're northing

• Like 17

What's happened to the water? Looks awfully bad since update and you can completely submerge yourself in it and appear invisible from the surface.

Team mate was having real issue with the new mouse controls and LRS, saying it makes it near impossible to use. Further testing we will conduct and report but interested to hear other peoples views. I have not tested this myself yet.

• Like 2

Right....time to have a look at these new mouse controls.

Good having a topic posted aswell. This would have been how I heard about it if I hadn't noticed it in downloads on steam :)

Found a bug, Green Bell peppers are now infinite, I've eaten mine 20+ times now to get full energized and hydrated ^_^

That's classic. I had a "perma-coke" with my char till I was shot after last patch. Sometimes this happens after a patch. As soon as it is ruined or gone, it's gone and not reproducable or recurring.

• Like 2

Couldn't kill zombies with wood axe or pitchfork despite repeated blows to the head. 3 spawns and 3 zombie deaths so far. Guess that is what you intended. Also zombies are hitting me from 20 meters away LOL. 

• Like 12

I'm curious to experiment the new physics system but I've to wait till tonight. I hope the problem reported about the mouse controls is not confirmed !

Edited by tmbt

Something with mousemovement changed. Pretty hard to aim with acog and lrs. But fixed it by reducing sensitivity plus when zooming I use the change dpi for my mouse to something lower. With that aiming is possible again, but its the first fame make me use the dpi-change buttons on my mouse...

I'm curious to experiment the new physics system but I've to wait till tonight. I hope the problem reported about the mouse controls is not confirmed !

They changed the mouse behavior so you just have to get used to it. For me it feels better with the new behavior

• Like 3

I too thought there would be more but I'm no expert in alpha creation. It seems to be going a bit slower than most of the community and the developers thought, (a bit of speculation from reading between the tweets.) but I'm sure they are doing the best they can. They don't want to introduce game breaking bugs by rushing it and having nearly 2 million users complain so baby steps is fine with me.

Keep up the good work!

• Like 7

I don't know how to place a feedback through that link given but here things i've seen today:

-Sodas empty problems and tuna...(already reported)

-More FPS drop? Before the patch i've put a string to reduce details and gain more FPS....The difference i've got with that that to mid long range that's the builidings were more "blur", while now are more detailed and so game is more laggy

-Gamma reduced?

I remember Dayz standalone had a more dark colors and different gamma compared to Arma 2.

Like this picture

tumblr_mh6sv0lgyw1rd90z0o1_1280.jpg

Now seems that colors taken are from the first picture (arma2)

Am i wrong?

Edited by GunnyITA

Couldn't kill zombies with wood axe or pitchfork despite repeated blows to the head. 3 spawns and 3 zombie deaths so far. Guess that is what you intended. Also zombies are hitting me from 20 meters away LOL.

So you didn't read the change log? They're zombies! Head damage only!

Ongoing melee balancing has zombies more resilient to body impacts. (Aim for the head)

• Like 1

Waiting months for a couple of things to be changed and that's during alpha + new teams to work on the game development.

Let's wait another couple of months for a same small update? :D I'm getting a bit disappointed and besides that - just take a look at how many people want to know about what is currently being worked on, everybody. Using twitter to write one single sentence which often has nothing concrete to say is very, very lame.

Thanks for the update thou and I hope my mates will come back to test it out, the more stuff comes the longer they stay but now I don't even think they will come back after taking a look at the list.

So slow...

• Like 25

They changed the mouse behavior so you just have to get used to it. For me it feels better with the new behavior

It does need slight tweaking but I got used to it already. While it's much better (IMHO) than the janky movement we had before, it is actually faster than my desktop mouse (which, believe me, is already very fast at 4000 DPI) and I know a lot of people find it too fast. It makes sense that it's so fast though as they seem to have just made the ALT freelook movement the default movement now. It wouldn't surprise me if they're already planning to tune it down a tiny bit. :)

Edited by DarkwaveDomina

New town is north of the "old new town" witch is north of airfield.

Yo dawg, we put north into north so that you can north when you're northing

Unless it isn't. Standing right at the location now, nothing.

Ongoing melee balancing has zombies more resilient to body impacts. (Aim for the head)

I certainly read the change log. I have always gone for the head. Why do assume stuff. I am telling you I spawned three times, smacked the zeds in the head till I had to run away. Once a fluke but 3 times? I am in a streamers forum as we type this sowz and everyone is saying the same thing. Of course posters are always ill informed, stupid or don't read changlogs, right?

• Like 6

FPS worse in towns

It's about the same for me, but it can't really get much worse than 18 can it.  :lol:  :(

• Like 1

Yeah, I got attacked by 2 zeds, the first one I 1-shot, the 2nd one wouldn't go down. He hit me enough that I bled out and died. I like hard zombies, I just wish the hit detection and all that jazz was a bit more accurate.

Edited by randomspawn
  • Like 4

Unless it isn't. Standing right at the location now, nothing.

The screenshot provided on the latest Devblog show the city above Chernaya polana. If it isn't here, I think aliens stole it

• Like 1

i was umm… expecting more, but ok.

finally binoculars, thay will be really useful.

Binos were fairly useless in Experimental, too high zoom level and player locked in place when using them... hope they fixed it for stable.