DMack

Put a 9V in the walky talky

I started carrying around a walky talky just in case anyone else happens to be doing the same.

If you see one then pick it up, stick a battery in there, turn it on and leave it on the default channel!

I've never seen one in my 150 hours.

I'm beginning to believe that talking about them on the forum is a running joke about an item that doesn't exist.

I'm beginning to believe that talking about them on the forum is a running joke about an item that doesn't exist.

I used to see them a few patches ago but I don't anymore. I think they don't spawn right now

i was Camping elektro hills and hid one in the firestation!  the other walkie talkie i kept in my backpack!

i was pretending  to be the firestation ghost on a full Server!  it was hilarious!

• Like 1

They spawn in fire stations very commonly. Usually see 1-2 at every un-looted fire station regardless of city / airfield. Unless its just odd RNG.

• Like 1

I found one a couple of days ago in a firestation - seem to be rarer than they once were.

They definitely spawn. I found one yesterday and it's true, they spawn very frequently in the fire station more often than not.

I just think it'd be cool if people started using them and communicating with each other a bit more.

Let's push for this!!

You've seen "The Truman show" one time too many I believe... that doesn't make it less true though, everyone is on it - except you :O

I used to see them "all the time" in firestations, but that was also the only place I saw them.

I saw one yesterday, put the battery in it, turned it on but it didn't see to do anything, no evidence it was transmitting when I tried to "use" it.

I used it a while ago to lure a bandit to me, I got talking to him and got him to admit to camping airstrips and kosing anything and everyone. I decided to teach him a valuable lesson in being a dick. I invited him to team up with me and we could be "bandits" whilst keeping each other safe. We agreed to meet in stary sobor in the barn. I was positioned roughly 300M away with my fully modded mosin. 

Him - "Hey dude where are you? Im waiting"

Me - "Wait on the 2nd floor man so you don't get jumped, I am about 1KM from you"

Him - "Ok sure man"

I watched him take up position on the catwalks and lie in wait for me. I took my sweet time to line up a nice shot, once I had it I told him "You want fear? I'm the fear. You want chaos? I'm the chaos. You want a new beginning? I am the new beginning!" with that I took the shot and watched him drop dead.

So I think the way they work is you put a battery inside and turn it on. Anyone that has one that is also powered and turned on can hear your voicechat from a 1000m radius. ***Note you can change channels and must be on the same channel as others to hear. I propose leaving it on the default channel*** 

Also, you can place one down somewhere and those nearby to it can also hear your voice transmissions, but I'm not sure if they can transmit unless it's on their posession.

I used to see them a few patches ago but I don't anymore. I think they don't spawn right now

Found one last night.

Never use them though...as far as i know they dont work... but i havent tried either

They spawn in fire stations often, even now. They're just useless because of third party voice communication.

• Like 1

They spawn in fire stations often, even now. They're just useless because of third party voice communication.

I think they're use lies in voicecom with folks that you don't know and are unseen, but may be in your general vicinity.

ie....If you and another person have one and are in or around the area of any of the airfields you will be able to shout out and communicate with each other.

I think it would make for more interesting encounters and help to facilitate interactions with folks that normally wouldn't happen because the wouldn't even know each other were there....

I think they're use lies in voicecom with folks that you don't know and are unseen, but may be in your general vicinity.

ie....If you and another person have one and are in or around the area of any of the airfields you will be able to shout out and communicate with each other.

I think it would make for more interesting encounters and help to facilitate interactions with folks that normally wouldn't happen because the wouldn't even know each other were there....

I carried one around Elektrozavodsk for a month and didn't hear anything. The only time I've successfully used one was with me and a friend. Afterwards we tossed them. Because Skype.

But yeah, on the off chance you had someone pick up it'd be kind of neat.

Edited by Grimey Rick

Had conversation with a pre puberty adolescent who was trying to convince me to go to Rify to meet him..he said he was on the boat.... i ran up the hill to find him just laying prone with LRS/Mosi looking at the entrance to the shipwreck..... I handcuffed him. Broke his legs and whistled in the walkie talkie as i ran away. 

Apparently someone else heard about our little meet up because i died shortly after to 3 guys one of them said "are you the kid or the guy? as i went unconscious haha 

• Like 2

Walkie-talkies need to be more common! There's a lot of potential fun to had by using them, yet they seem to rarer than rocking-horse shit at the moment. (And they range ought to be extended.)

sort it out, devs!

I always carry one on me. I tested it with my friend and the only thing I really don't like is the battery life. A full battery will only last about an hour real time, so I think it's not enough. (at least for me) Other than that, the sound quality, range and interrupted transmissions you get while at the limit of the range is pretty good imo.

I used it a while ago to lure a bandit to me, I got talking to him and got him to admit to camping airstrips and kosing anything and everyone. I decided to teach him a valuable lesson in being a dick. I invited him to team up with me and we could be "bandits" whilst keeping each other safe. We agreed to meet in stary sobor in the barn. I was positioned roughly 300M away with my fully modded mosin. 

Me - "Wait on the 2nd floor man so you don't get jumped, I am about 1KM from you"

Him - "Ok sure man"

I watched him take up position on the catwalks and lie in wait for me. I took my sweet time to line up a nice shot, once I had it I told him "You want fear? I'm the fear. You want chaos? I'm the chaos. You want a new beginning? I am the new beginning!" with that I took the shot and watched him drop dead.

I did the same thing once, except once I had my shot lined up, I read him the bible. Amazingly enough he stayed in my sights throughout the whole thing. I shot him once I was done and said "Amen."

Him - "Ok sure man"

I'm confused. You were teaching him a valuable lesson in how to be a dick, or this was some sort of pseudo-vengeful act in the name of his victims because he is a dick? Either way, 2/10. You had me interested until the corny little monologue.

I'm confused. You were teaching him a valuable lesson in how to be a dick, or this was some sort of pseudo-vengeful act in the name of his victims because he is a dick? Either way, 2/10. You had me interested until the corny little monologue.

It ain't a serious post. I like to have fun ingame you know. I was teaching him that KoS isn't fun. I don't care about it personally but I like teaching people who do it non stop a small lesson.

Okay, so. Moral of the story is save your batteries and the next time you see a walky talky, pick it up. turn it on and do a sound check from time to time.

Post your stories here!

Okay, so. Moral of the story is save your batteries and the next time you see a walky talky, pick it up. turn it on and do a sound check from time to time.

Post your stories here!

I'm guilty of slaying bambies who won't hand over there 9volts. The 9v's die to quickly for my tastes...