j.ekkerman

Dead players turn to zombies?

For something like DayZ to be plausible it would need to be an airborne virus, or it would be contained before it got out of hand. The survivors are immune, hence not being infected already.

makes sense.  The only alternative to make this work would be that the survivors are immune to the airborne virus, but not the physical contact strand.  Like in I am Legend.  He was immune to both the airborne and the physical contact, but his dog was only immune to the airborne.  Would be kinda cool that if you got hit by a zombie, that you have to use antibacterial on the wound or maybe antibiotics within like an hour of being hit before you start to turn.

Been suggested, also these arent your traditional zombies, they are infected humans, so they die like we do only slightly harder

Zombies ARE infected humans. 20th april oh wait

Zombies ARE infected humans. 20th april oh wait

Zombies WERE infected humans, these ARE infected humans

it would be cool if the population of zombies on the map was reflected by the number of survivors killed by zombies, with  max and min tolerances.

Sounds like a nice idea, a players body turns into a active zombie after 1 minutes if e died to a zombie or while bleeding from a zombie wound, even if a player did the last bit of damage to said injured player.

Players should be infected as soon as they spawn or if an infected hurts them with his infected hands (or if you eat your infected buddy ^^). Survivors would have to find a cure in a limited time (one day, the dayz) before becoming a zombie. The cure should spawn in medical buildings or a special military lab in the north west (as far from spawn points as possible). I think it will help cooperation and will increase player's stress and immersion.We would have to think twice before fighting zombies bare hands, and before killing somebody on sight and risking to ruin the cure!!

Edited by Gnak55

On 4/20/2014 at 9:14 AM, Mos1ey said:

For something like DayZ to be plausible it would need to be an airborne virus, or it would be contained before it got out of hand. The survivors are immune, hence not being infected already.

This is one of the only pieces of basic lore given to us by the devs.

People who suggest reanimation of players do not understand the situation the development team is presenting.

Read more, "play" less.

IMO: DayZMod had Zombies, DayZ SA has infected

An infected (as seen in DayZ) is someone that is alive but mentally not there. 

^To prove this in DayZ, they can be killed by being shot in the torso,leg,arm, etc. just like a human player.

A Zombie, is a completely deceased human. The only thing keeping them alive and movie is a virus,parasite, disease controlling their brain as the rest of their body is shut down

This is why they must be shot in the head.

There is a disease that you can get from Infected (0.46- ?? it was in the game), this feature alone (made) infected very much "more dangerous".

Textscource here:

Guide 0.46

Brain flu is a most likely fatal disease that zombies have a 1% chance of infecting you with on hit.

The final stage will never go away on its own until you die. One oddity is that it applies negative shock values, which seems like it would be a good thing - you go unconscious when your shock is higher than your blood.

The Cure
No known cure at this time.
Minor Sickness Symptoms "I cough" "I sneeze" Effects -13% Water/sec

Status text sick Sickness Symptoms "I cough" "I sneeze" "I feel my nose dripping" "My nose feels congested" "I have a runny nose" "My throat is sore" "I feel sore throat" "My throat hurts" Effects -26% Water/sec, -0.3% Blood/sec, -0.1% Health/sec

Status text sick Fever Symptoms "I'm feeling hot" "I'm burning up" "I'm slick with sweat" "My clothes are soaking with sweat" "I feel cold" "I start to shiver" "I feel shivery" "I'm shivering" Effects -26%Water/sec, -0.5% Blood/sec, -1 Health/sec, -1Shock/sec

Status text fever Terminal Symptoms "I'm feeling hot" "I'm burning up" "I'm slick with sweat" "My clothes are soaking with sweat" "I feel cold" "I start to shiver" "I feel shivery" "I'm shivering" Effects -52%Water/sec, -1% Blood/sec, -5 Health/sec, -5Shock/sec Status text fever

Why not just make sepsis a thing? Bacteria that survive inside the mouth of humans are uniquely adapted to the human body. It's why if you're bitten by another human (to the point of breaking the skin), you are at extreme risk of infection. The infected in DayZ are far more likely to be eating pretty nasty stuff too, so the odds would skyrocket.

Of course, it'd kinda mean you'd need to have the damn things bite rather than slap, but, I'm holding judgement on that until I see the zombie attack system.

Agree with this idea.. pro loot walker.. as long as it's not a head shot it would be very interesting to see a player zombified with a backpack and full gear.

As others have stated, once you're dead, you're dead.  There is no rising from the grave as an infected.  

I also thought about this, how cool it could look to see a player who got killed by the infected raised again but as an NPC. Behaving like the usual infected that spawn, AI controlled but with the clothes he was wearing.

But the basic idea was that you as a survivor are immune to this 'rage' virus. These infected are not the classic undead or zombies.