slipperyminx

Tie Bandanas around arms for easy team spotting

I think it would be pretty cool to tie Bandanas around arms for quick team recognition without sacrificing freedom of choice when it comes to clothing, or hats.

Some Clans/Groups try to create uniforms, and often Hats are chosen to allow the player to keep their clothing for whatever environment, but wearing a Beret instead of a Ballistic helmet offers no protection what-so-ever. So I think Bandanas around arms would be ideal.

• Like 15

but surely everyone just wants red or black bandanas (of course there would be the vibrant pink bandana parade) but like meh, if you wanna make a team, why dont you all just hunt for radios, tune them into a single frequency, and then talk in the communication channel that becomes available to you by having radios. not a bad idea to be able to tie bandanas on arm for recognition, but most people will only want black, red, or camo as their team colours. guaranteed

but surely everyone just wants red or black bandanas (of course there would be the vibrant pink bandana parade) but like meh, if you wanna make a team, why dont you all just hunt for radios, tune them into a single frequency, and then talk in the communication channel that becomes available to you by having radios. not a bad idea to be able to tie bandanas on arm for recognition, but most people will only want black, red, or camo as their team colours. guaranteed

I think you've missed the point. Communication with radios isn't the issue, the problem is that it can be very difficult to tell players apart visually. It's true that most people would probably choose the colours you mentioned, but if you're wearing black and they're wearing red, you know they're not on your team. Large groups don't run into each other very often, as far as I'm aware. At least not in close quarters. Even if they did, the odds of them having the same coloured arm bands aren't that high.

I, personally, would probably go for a brighter colour like red, yellow or blue rather than black or green. What's the point in identifiers if you can't even see them?

Beans

Stupid idea... yea, let's spend days finding radios just so we can use in-game voice and call that a way to identify each other. Are you serious? You can't be.

• Like 1

I really like this idea, it will get easier to identify your teammates and it will be easier to spot when a team moves into towns, woods and other areas where they can hide. If you se a guy/gal wearing a bandana around his/her arm you can assume that it's a bigger group and adapt to that. You can also just slap a bandana onto your arm and trick people into thinking that you're a part of a bigger group and that might scare away bandits.

It just add another way to do things, if you think it's stupid, don't do it.

I know it have been done during military exercises to create two diffrent sides without having to use two diffrent uniforms, it's commonly used by airsofters and paintballers where every uniform in the world is used.

The trick is to use it your arm that grips the rifle because when you're aiming, the bandana will behind the rifle and only the guys behind and to your right will see the bandana.

Your should have a color that stands out from your uniform because otherwise, what's the point? You should be able to adjust the brightness with the condition of the bandana.

A pristine would be bright while a badly damaged would be in a darker tone.

In real life you take a brightly colored bandana and smudge it with dirt so it won't stand out to much.

armbindel.jpg

From a Swedish soldiers handbook, early 90s.

It's used to identify friend from foe in urban terrain.

Love it, we need ways to identify squad members that doesn't involve running around pantsless.

Edited by Bigbadasswolf

Might be an alternative to teams don't have actually radios or else..

But i'm scared that people after that will all dress with military loot to camuflage and have a bandana on their arms...

Stupid idea... yea, let's spend days finding radios just so we can use in-game voice and call that a way to identify each other. Are you serious? You can't be.

is that picture really you??? serious??? lol and tbh, this game is designed around immersion and player interaction, i hope they implement an acre style radio system so you cant actually use another voip service and get in servers, to make the radios have actual purpose, like in dayz hardcorps... now thats serious, and where this game should be headed, towards the hardcore side of the gaming community as deans initial dream envisioned.

P.s nice selfy :D

Fantastic idea, bandannas should be able to be worn around mouth and neck as well.

@ lootable: Indeed, around the neck and mouth for sure. Many times I've felt that the neck can give you away, and the only item that remotely offers camo for the face is the gas-mask...

Lol, we needz face paint too. But, I think I've already made a suggestion for that.