Daz3kPvP

Any Vanilla DayZ Servers Left?

Hey guys!

I recently started to play the DayZ mod again, however, things have changed since I have played. I can't find just a simple DayZ Vanilla server left out there. The only one with high traffic that I know of right now is US 3480, but this servers has recently went down. I don't want any of this "self-bloodbag","400+Vehicle" BS. I just want a regular vanilla server like the good ol' days.

If any of you guys have suggestions for any of these types of servers I would love to hear them, because right now I can't play my favorite zombie-survival MMO without all this useless crap private hives have put into the game. Please put the server name into your comment as well.

Thanks!

Edited by Daz3kPvP
  • Like 2

They're very rare these days :( I know of ANZ #3 AUSARMA for 1.8.0.3 or you could try the MustyZ mod. Basically 1.8.0.3 but updated with heaps of extra content. Very survivalist and new zombies are currently being tested.

• Like 3

Ahh, i greatly miss vanilla dayz. I remember how m107s and dmrs were god guns :). I really want to host a regular vanilla server with no scripts, but sadly, there is little to no community for it.

No point in me hosting a server that will get no one on it and just eat up my money.

There is a lot more of a community for it than you realize :)

My gaming community is in the process of setting up their own server for Vanilla. Watch out for it, it'll be posted here soon.

• Like 2

They're very rare these days :( I know of ANZ #3 AUSARMA for 1.8.0.3 or you could try the MustyZ mod. Basically 1.8.0.3 but updated with heaps of extra content. Very survivalist and new zombies are currently being tested.

I would LOVE to try the mustyz out, but cannot find it. Any help would be appreciated people! :thumbsup:

3480 is back up it seems, and our clan just re-opened our old vanilla server (previously US 520). PM me if you want the details.

3480 is definitely where it's at for vanilla fans.  It's the only place I've found with population.  My squad plays there almost daily.  I *really* wish that vanilla DayZ would make a comeback but I think the damage that 1,000+ everything private hives did cannot be undone.  The good thing is that SA players that are getting tired of the slow development are trying out the mod in droves.  I've been linking mod newcomers on Reddit to 3480 and the server's been kicking lately.

• Like 5

3480 is definitely where it's at for vanilla fans.  It's the only place I've found with population.  My squad plays there almost daily.  I *really* wish that vanilla DayZ would make a comeback but I think the damage that 1,000+ everything private hives did cannot be undone.  The good thing is that SA players that are getting tired of the slow development are trying out the mod in droves.  I've been linking mod newcomers on Reddit to 3480 and the server's been kicking lately.

Yeah I think a combination of this and the recent Bohemia Arma II -75% sale has led to a lot of Standalone immigrants, myself included.

I had never played the mod before but as soon as I had it installed, it's gotten most of my playtime, will be trying this 3480 server tonight if possible.

• Like 1

I would LOVE to try the mustyz out, but cannot find it. Any help would be appreciated people! :thumbsup:

Check this out.

Changelog:

http://mustygaming.com/Forum/index.php?/topic/2473-mustyz-changelogs/

Launcher-Details:

http://mustygaming.com/Forum/index.php?/topic/2310-mustyz-launcher/

• Like 3

There are still a decent amount of public hive vanilla servers. The best One of course is 3480. To see all public hive/vanilla servers, go on dayz commander and select "hide unofficial". us 6012 is one that ive been frequenting lately, good stock up server.

Edit: there are some raidwine servers still up, one of them is FR 34 , they get populated, I think there are some UK servers taht get pop'd.

Edited by BigJames89
  • Like 2

There are still a decent amount of public hive vanilla servers. The best One of course is 3480. To see all public hive/vanilla servers, go on dayz commander and select "hide unofficial". us 6012 is one that ive been frequenting lately, good stock up server.

Edit: there are some raidwine servers still up, one of them is FR 34 , they get populated, I think there are some UK servers taht get pop'd.

As a followup, I've been playing the Mod for a week now- it currently gets way more of my playtime than SA.

More specifically, as BigJames is saying there are a handful of what people refer to as "vanilla" servers. I mostly found them through limiting Commander search to "DayZ" only and then narrowing by looking at the server descript: does it say a bunch of crazy stuff like 100+ aircraft and you start with a SVD etc etc? Might want to pass on that if you are looking for the same experience I am where scarcity is king.

Obviously not trying to hate on Epoch-type servers where abundance and high grade military is the focus, just saying that there are a couple options for those of us who aren't into that. I probably haven't even found all of them, but I've been on at least 3 in the past week that are all consistently 30+ players (and on a closing note yes 3480 is currently my favorite)

• Like 2

US6299 just came up and is 100% Vanilla.  No BS no added buildings... straight DayZ

• Like 2

FR129 is also up: 88.190.210.8:2302 Great server and great admin if you're in need of an EU server.  Worth checking out.

Cheers,

Jimmy

• Like 1

I recently started to play the DayZ mod again, however, things have changed since I have played. I can't find just a simple DayZ Vanilla server left out there. The only one with high traffic that I know of right now is US 3480, but this servers has recently went down....

I should have read this more carefully.  US3480 isn't down, just was under attack for about 12 hours.  It happens from time to time--but it's not at risk of disappearing anytime too soon.  We're still up and running, and glad to have you play with us!

Cheers,

Jimmy

Edited by TG ! Jimmy
  • Like 2

I should have read this more carefully.  US3480 isn't down, just was under attack for about 12 hours.  It happens from time to time--but it's not at risk of disappearing anytime too soon.  We're still up and running, and glad to have you play with us!

Cheers,

Jimmy

Yeah, attacks have become more common. Usually hackers throwing a pissy fit after they get banned. Soon after the admin of US 6012 banned a hacker they coincidentally suffered a DDOS attack.

US 6299, pure vanilla public hive.

US 3480 is a good server also

• Like 2

I just recently got a private hive vanilla server running to the point where I consider it playable. Had some issues with restart messages and the instance_vehicle table getting corrupt for some reason, but it's all been solved.

It also runs expert so no third person and the like. So far I only have 2-3 friends as regulars but I haven't advertised the server anywhere so who knows where this'll go?

PM for details I guess.

We at Total-Apocalypse (Tadayz.com - coming soon) operate a 100% Vanilla regular DayZ 20 slot server on Chernarus that is FRESH as of this last week of April, 2014

We also operate an  Epoch Chernarus server, with many addons (That aren't overly ridiculous) and a very active player-base on a 55 slot

74.91.24.42:2302 for Epoch - Ranked 171st on GT before moving to the new dedicated

74.91.24.42:2306 for DayZ Vanilla - Not added to GT yet, bring your friends!

b_560_95_1.png

For those who don't know what to look for, a public hive server description should look like this:

DayZ - UK410 (v1.8.0.3/106400) [VETERAN|3DP:ON|CH:ON][GMT-5] www.GamingRepublic.co.uk

The details are broken down like this:

DayZ - [country code and server number]  (DayZ mod version / ArmA2 OA beta version)  [game difficulty | changes to default difficulty]  [time zone]  [host message]

As well as the server description following the official format, another way of separating the public hive servers is by checking the mods running on the server.

ArmA2

ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead

ArmA2: DayZ Mod - the official mod

@hive - DayZ hive management mod

expansion; beta - these are the ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead beta mod ... for some reason the "expansion" parent folder is required as a separate mod

ArmA2: British Armed Forces (Lite) - provides additional content

ArmA2: Private Military Company (Lite) - provides additional content

Any other mods running are for customisation, such as dayz_epoch_server, reality_2224.chernarus, lite_1.chernarus ... and so on, indicating modded DayZ on a private hive.

Edited by RN_Max
  • Like 1

Hello I have just Bought a Dayz server and its vanilla. no script addons, no self bloodbags no added buildings.

you can come check it out

called US/CA Vanilla Dayz

IP- 69.39.239.139:3000

• Like 1

Hello I have just Bought a Dayz server and its vanilla. no script addons, no self bloodbags no added buildings.

you can come check it out

called US/CA Vanilla Dayz

IP- 69.39.239.139:3000

Thank you for your service.. I shall come soon, as well as to the others. This was a great find for me this morning.. great find

I really wish that there had been a much larger distinction between vanilla DayZ and heavily modified private hives and sub-mods as all of this was developed over the last two years.  Yes, if you are in the know, you can search for official servers in DayZ commander, but I find that a vast majority of newcomers to DayZ have no idea of the differences between a vanilla public server, a vanilla private hive, and a modified private hive.  I think that more people would be interested in playing the mod (especially people coming from SA) if there were more clear definitions and separation within utilities like DayZ commander.  Most new players jump on 1,000,000+ vehicles/choppers/etc servers and think that that is how DayZ started.

• Like 3

I really wish that there had been a much larger distinction between vanilla DayZ and heavily modified private hives and sub-mods as all of this was developed over the last two years.  Yes, if you are in the know, you can search for official servers in DayZ commander, but I find that a vast majority of newcomers to DayZ have no idea of the differences between a vanilla public server, a vanilla private hive, and a modified private hive.  I think that more people would be interested in playing the mod (especially people coming from SA) if there were more clear definitions and separation within utilities like DayZ commander.  Most new players jump on 1,000,000+ vehicles/choppers/etc servers and think that that is how DayZ started.

I guess, Bullet, that DayZ needs audacious old gasbags such as ourselves.  We're the dinosaurs that still lurk around telling people "back when I started playing..." and sharing old war stories.  The game has come a long way, and it's great to see the progress--but I suppose you've got a great point about players not finding (what I will call) real DayZmod.  Oh well. Free beer in Elektro tomorrow!

Cheers,

Jimmy

• Like 2

Free beer in Elektro tomorrow!

Real DayZ player wouldn't show up to such an offer. :D

• Like 2