Sign in to follow this  
Accolyte

My DayZ crashed, what do I do?

If you come here to find help with a crash that is occuring in your game, please do not post new topics.

Although people on here are very helpful with most other issues, crashes are something they cannot assist you with.

Crashes are particularly nasty issues and require an analysis by the development team. The easiest way to get help is going to the Feedback Tracker and providing all relevant information.

If you haven't already, create an account on the Feedback Tracker.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/

Do not try finding a similar crash report. Most crashes are unique and need to be addressed individually. Unlike normal bug reports, you don't have to worry about creating duplicates of crashes. In case we find out that your crash actually is the same as some other, we will take care of that ourselves and will let you know.

Create a new issue and clearly label it as a crash in the subject.

"Game Crash - Dropping a protector case crashes the game"

Next, provide insight into how you got your game to crash. Include as much information about what you were doing around the time the game crashed. Every little detail can help us fix the problem. Remember to mention whether this happens on the stable or experimental branch of the game.

GOOD

"The game crashed when I dropped a protector case on the ground while playing on an experimental server. I had the protector case in my backpack and drag and dropped it into the vicinity window. The case contained a canteen and a pack of rice. I have tried this several times and it happens every time"

BAD

"Game crashed when I dropped a protector case"

Include steps to reproduce if you think that they are necessary and aren't obvious enough from the description. Always describe reproduction step by step.

1. Open inventory

2. Place the protector case in your backpack

3. Drag and drop it into the vicinity tab

4. Game Crashes

Don't forget to include the game's version (can be found in the main menu).

Now for the most important part of all.

We need you to upload a few files from your computer. Specifically, the crash dumps that are generated with every crash and the dxdiag report from your computer.

Getting your DxDiag file

1. Open the Start menu

2. Write "dxdiag"

3. Press enter

4. A window will open

5. Click "Save all information"

6. You will get a text file - that's what we need

Getting your crash dumps

Go to this file location: "C:\Users\<Name>\AppData\Local"

There you should see a DayZ folder.

Create a .zip or .rar file of that folder.

Then take the .zip/.rar and the DxDiag file and upload them to the Feedback Tracker issue. The upload limit is 5000KB, which should be enough. In case it is not, please upload the files to a file sharing website and post a link to the files in the comments.

In most cases, we will answer crash reports within a day or two, provided you filled out the report correctly and uploaded the necessary files. The issue will then be sent to a responsible team member, who will implement a fix. You will be notified once a fix is introduced so that you could verify that the crash does not occur any longer.

Thank you for reading this!

- Accolyte

• Like 15

If you are experiencing issues with not being able to see the AppData folder on your computer it's most probably due to the fact that you haven't enabled being able to see hidden folders.

In order to change this, follow these steps:

1. Open your Windows Explorer
  2. Click "View" on the top bar.
  3. Select "Options" and then "Folder and Search Options".
  4. Select the "View" tab in the window that popped up.
  5. Under "Files and Folders" search for "Hidden files and folders" and select the option to "Show hidden files, folders and drives."
  6. Click "OK" or "Apply" to save the changes

Done.

• Like 1