fred gandt

Suggest: One click server reporting

A large number of servers require reporting for various infringements of the agreement their hosts make with BI, but it's a total pain in the ass to report them.

Perhttp://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

If it is to remain the responsibility of the end user to report violations of the naming and hosting conventions, please make it simple for us to do it.

Assuming reports are carefully reviewed before any action is taken, there should be no issue with regard to e.g. sore losers reporting the server they died on, since a simple - warning > warning > suspension > warning > ban - for report abuse could be implemented.

I frankly can't see why the end user - the customer - we need to be reporting what the game already knows! O.o

As soon as the client requests a list of servers, it should be able to read the names and dish up only those that are named correctly, known to be open and in good standing, and instantly report those that aren't.

But, as I say, if we are to be responsible for this grunt work, at least give us a button to click ;-)

All this noting IPs and emailing Ports is nonsense - and it does not get my beanz! >.<

In Summary:

Please provide a one click server reporting mechanism built into the client GUI, that if abused, turns on its user.

One would observe:

Rapid, efficient, accurate, regular reports of bad service - of what is after all - your game!

• Like 4

Totally agree. Admin abuse, hacking and glitching are the 3 biggest problems with dayZ right now and giving us an easy, function and unified way to report a server quickly and the with minimum of fuss would help combat at least one of these.

You have my beans sir.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit

yeah, i agree, beans for you.

Thanks for the beanz guys. Nom :-)

I just found this post http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/171503-a-tool-to-simplify-reporting-dodgy-servers/ but haven't looked into the tool yet.

I honestly still believe that the functionality should be built directly into the system, and preferably at a hive level far away from us.

It just doesn't make sense that servers can connect and belong to the hive, if they're not configured correctly. So why we should ever be informed of them is beyond me!

Servers named the likes of "Join = Ban" and "Some-clan-name members only" with many claiming high loot and hourly restarts (loot farming) are making a mockery of the ethos.

If the aim is to get tooled up, have no concern for life, and run around blasting everything to hell - play BF4.