b0hem

FX X8 9590 Soket AM3+ 4.7GHz 16MB or Intel® Core™ i7-4770K

Hello guys, Im planning to buy a new cpu so Im really confuse at what should buy. Is there any people in here who use 9590? Im just curious about FPS situation. Thank your for advices already.. 

Consider cooling these things. Also, do you want 8 physical cores or 4 physical cores with hyperthreading?

The Take on Heli engine doesn't even use Hyperthreading correctly and quite frankly it actually cause more texture pop-in pauses and framerate dipping.

Is he buying this new pc for just dayz? That was never stated. I built a new pc just for dayz because why not? 4770k. I wasn't getting some crazy cooling system. In the end I got a decent one anyway. Such is life.

Consider cooling these things. Also, do you want 8 physical cores or 4 physical cores with hyperthreading?

Neither have 8 true physical cores. Take a proper look at bulldozer/piledrivers block diagrams, each bulldozer/piledriver unit is two interger clusters sharing their cache, instruction decoder, floating point unit and dispatcher.

So, what you're calling an 8 core CPU is in fact a 4 "piledriver/bulldozer" Unit CPU, calling each thread a core is almost as misleading as calling an i7 4770k an 8 core CPU.

For dayZ, I'd highly recommend saving yourself some money and going for a i5 4670k, i7s are overkill for gaming and dayZ doesn't use hyperthreading correctly anyway. Currently AMD cpus are not performing well with the current DayZ builds and give the focus on single threaded performance in ARMA engined games, I don't see that changing anytime soon. Most people with Bulldozer CPUs are getting similar frames per second to my 5 year old Deneb quad core CPU.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit

Thank you for replies guys.. I will probably buy amd because of that its 3x more cheaper than intel ones. I watched some comparisons about these things and the framerates seems like same to me. When I look at the prices of them, amd is 305$, intel is (if I buy - intel i7-4939) 509$.

Edited by b0hem

Intel's 4770k is maybe, at best, 15% faster than AMD's  FX-9590. Whether or not the price difference is worth it to you, is up to you.

One thing about the FX-9590 though, is that it will get hot, and I mean REALLY hot, it's just a factory overclocked 8-core Piledriver. If you want absolute best price:performance get an AMD FX-8320 and overclock it. I have one clocked up to 4.6Ghz, could go higher but I would have to get water cooling for that.

With Intel, for gaming, the 4670k is all you need and will save you a fair amount of money, all the 4770k has going for it is hyperthreading, which really isn't taken advantage of for gaming yet. If you are big in video editing and rendering however, the 4770k MIGHT be worth the extra money. Again, this is up to you. Another thing regarding Intel is the "k" at the end of the processor number means it can be overclocked. If you aren't looking to overclock you could get the version without the "k" to save a little money as well.

Thank you for replies guys.. I will probably buy amd because of that its 3x more cheaper than intel ones. I watched some comparisons about these things and the framerates seems like same to me. When I look at the prices of them, amd is 305$, intel is (if I buy - intel i7-4939) 509$.

As good folks pointed out, if you are considering Intel, then go with some i5.

I've said fk it and bought i7-4770K but in the end, my buddies with i5's have rather similar FPS as I have and saved quite a lot of money.

I also ended up disabling HyperThreading in bios, since it has negative influence on single thread performance, so all in all I've got just a bit more cache on my CPU.

All in all, I think you would do just fine with let's say Intel i5-4570S if you are not heavily into overclocking, then i5-4670K.

Dean mentioned adding hyper-threading support. If you want, just save up for the i7 and have great performance when he adds the support.

The i7 would also be handy if you plan to make and edit videos.

Edited by Shadow134

Dean mentioned adding hyper-threading support. If you want, just save up for the i7 and have great performance when he adds the support.

The i7 would also be handy if you plan to make and edit videos.

Multi-core support is different than hyper threading support and it was also pointed more for servers. Both CPUs would benefit from multi-core support.

Multi-core support is different than hyper threading support and it was also pointed more for servers. Both CPUs would benefit from multi-core support.

I realize this, hence why I stated Hyper-Thread AND Multi-Core support. Multi-Core support will allow the engine to benefit from the other physical cores in the chip. Hyper-Threading will let it take advantage of the virtual cores.