Sign in to follow this  
ladatron

Things that should be added in a near future (suggestion from a large group of players)

Hello there, i have couple of suggestions from a larger group of players. I would be glad if this red someone from the dev team.

We would like to see a very common survival element which is basic tent. This very basic element would change the whole present gameplay which is now mostly deadmatch, free-for-all and stuff like would change into a basic survival tactics. If players had some oportunity to save their gear somewhere for now, in a tent lets say it would great that game would finaly have some point !

And here id like to suggest some things that should appear in a future maybe:

From weapons we would like to see

- PPSH-41 

- AK74

- Sa58 / Vz.58

- CZ550

- SVD Dragunov

These weapons are pretty much common in a post soviet satelit state in Central Europe like the Chernarus is not like M4s HK416 and stuff like that ...

Locations like:

I dont know what you plan to put on very north-west of map, there is a huge place without buildings. It would be fine if there was some Military base, but dont take me wrong not military base like those already in map, but large complex with armoury for example in underground without any light full of zombies or other creatures. Players would get ultimate chance to get some nicer gear but with pretty much dangerous, they would use flashlights otherwise they would see complete $h#t. That would be definetly great a lot of people would appreciate underground complexes and stuff like that.

Creatures:

We would like to see some more Fearsome creatures like known bloodsuckers from S.T.A.L.K.E.R series see link:

http://zakdegrassi.blogs.com/.a/6a00d8341d46b053ef0133ed40a821970b-800wi

I know someone mentioned that its not easy for you do make some AI animals like bears, wolves etc but now you have guys from Cauldron so maybe it wouldnt be bad idea to put in game some bears wandering in forests. Mad dogs running through the towns - put more life in a game

Clothings:

Add more uniforms in various camuflages (TTsKO is not enough !)

Maybe Czechoslovak camuflages would solve the prob.

http://camopedia.org/index.php?title=Czechoslovakia

http://camopedia.org/index.php?title=Slovakia

Thank you for reading this topic. Hope you use something from this !

Pls no bloodsucker in DayZ, im afraid it really doesn't fit the setting :(

• Like 1

Pls no bloodsucker in DayZ, im afraid it really doesn't fit the setting :(

This. DayZ is a zombie survival game, not a monster survival game.

• Like 3

Agree and it's a survival game not another COD/Arma/BF clone, so less military things and more civilian stuffs

Well pal, i dont know whats wrong with other creatures ? Have you ever played or seen Left 4 Dead, Killingfloor, Dying Light etc. ? Its all zombie games and still there are not just "zombies" and these zombies in DayZ are not even Fearsome ...

• Like 1

From weapons we would like to see

- PPSH-41 

- AK74

- Sa58 / Vz.58

- CZ550

- SVD Dragunov

AKM is on the way.

SVD is on the way.

PPSH-41 

MAN

THERE is a good thread with many weapon suggestions. Just search and bump it!

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/172276-the-communitys-list-of-suggested-weapons-for-dayz-standalone-important-announcement-read/

DayZ wants to be a relatively "realistic" Zed-survival game.

So Bloodsuckers..... C'mon... ;)

More military gear will come, but first more civilian clothes must be added, since there are far more civilian clothes, than military ones (in RL, too)

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 2

I agree with Ladatron, I really would like to see tents in the game as soon as possible. I completly agree with weapons on the list. As ladatron mentioned bears and wolves would be really nice with dogs, but i dont think that dean would actualy add some different creatures, its a nice idea but we must stick to the reality :D locations are beign added almost in every patch. 

Edited by achiles13619

Well pal, i dont know whats wrong with other creatures ? Have you ever played or seen Left 4 Dead, Killingfloor, Dying Light etc. ? Its all zombie games and still there are not just "zombies" and these zombies in DayZ are not even Fearsome ...

It's just not in the spirit of DayZ. DayZ is meant to be a "realistic zombie simulator", and it can't be that with Tanks, Bloodsuckers and other crazy shit. Nothing can make you mutate like that.

It's just not in the spirit of DayZ. DayZ is meant to be a "realistic zombie simulator", and it can't be that with Tanks, Bloodsuckers and other crazy shit. Nothing can make you mutate like that.

Crazy shit are even zombies lol, dont be a hypocrite and what can make you mutate like a zombie ? Are we talking now about "Zombie realism"

new creatures would really put a life into a game where noone cares about the zombies, where players are the highest thread

Having a bloodsucker from STALKER would be kind of lame but something along the lines of its lethality would be pretty good. If you say thats unrealistic or doesn't "fit" than you've lost sight of the big picture. This is a zombie game.

Other creatures/animals that should be added from smallest to largest:

Beehives

Wasp/Hornet Nests

Roach

Trout

Carp

Bream

Bass

Pollock

Eals

Snakes

Rats (Vary in size, can be killed for meat, can bite which does minor damage but leads to infections)

Pigeon

Crow

Cats (Small Cats like Lynx to large cats like Cougars and Mountain Lions)

Pheasant

Mallad Duck

Red Fox

Gray Fox

Dogs (Ranging from Domestic Dogs turned Feral to Wild Dogs)

Wolves

Feral Hog

Wild Boar

Roe Deer

Whitetail Deer

Red Deer

Eurasian elk (aka European Moose)

Black Bear

Brown Bear

Shark (Only appears in Deep Water, 100+ meters from the Coastline)

Some additional items in no specific order

Medicinal Herbs (which can be ground up as a paste or as a herbal drink)

Edible Mushrooms and Fungi

MP3 Player

Cassette Player w/ Tapes

Empty Journals

Water Bladders

Zip Lock Bags

Carrier Bags

Suitcases

Duffel Bags

Crackers/Cookies/Biscuits

Salt and Pepper

Condiments

Fishing Rod & Fishing Tackle

Harvest-able Honey

Getting Sticks from Trees

Sledgehammer (Melee)

Pickaxe (Melee)

Pool Cue (Melee)

Crutch (Melee)

Sinlge Barreled Shotgun

,50 Cal Blackpowder Muzzleloader

new creatures would really put a life into a game where noone cares about the zombies, where players are the highest thread

Just wait for it. Once they add more zeds and fix their glitches, they will be a lot harder to fight.

Also, people don

t mutate into zombies. It's a disease, like rabies. It makes you crazy.

I agree. I want to smoke cannabis sativa around a campfire with my buddies.

Pretty much all of this stuff would be best slated for Beta or post release content add-on.  Alpha is about foundation/critical structure development & implementation followed by stabilization and optimization.

We need CDF and older Soviet uniforms before Czech.

Ak-74M is on indefinite hold rn, but will eventually be added.

Pretty much all of this stuff would be best slated for Beta or post release content add-on.  Alpha is about foundation/critical structure development & implementation followed by stabilization and optimization.

I agree, I see a lot of good ideas here all the time but theyre better suited for the game when its in beta or in its final state

May i suggest some more weapons.

- AEK 971

- AK107

- AN-94

- AK 12

Ok lets just make it this way :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Russian_weaponry

The AEK-971 and AK-107 are too new and haven't spread around a lot (at least, not yet.) The AN-94 was supposed to be heavily used but was found to be too expensive and thus only sees selective use now. The AK-12 is still in the prototype phase. Half the guns on that page were only used in Russia, never saw major production (or any at all) or simply just aren't found anymore. 

I don't get why some people think that anything Russian inherently fits because it's Russian, and anything that isn't Russian doesn't fit because it's not.

Other creatures/animals that should be added from smallest to largest:

Beehives

Wasp/Hornet Nests

Roach

Trout

Carp

Bream

Bass

Pollock

Eals

Snakes

Rats (Vary in size, can be killed for meat, can bite which does minor damage but leads to infections)

Pigeon

Crow

Cats (Small Cats like Lynx to large cats like Cougars and Mountain Lions)

Pheasant

Mallad Duck

Red Fox

Gray Fox

Dogs (Ranging from Domestic Dogs turned Feral to Wild Dogs)

Wolves

Feral Hog

Wild Boar

Roe Deer

Whitetail Deer

Red Deer

Eurasian elk (aka European Moose)

Black Bear

Brown Bear

Shark (Only appears in Deep Water, 100+ meters from the Coastline)

Some additional items in no specific order

Edible Mushrooms and Fungi

MP3 Player

Cassette Player w/ Tapes

Empty Journals

Water Bladders

Zip Lock Bags

Carrier Bags

Suitcases

Duffel Bags

Crackers/Cookies/Biscuits

Salt and Pepper

Condiments

Fishing Rod & Fishing Tackle

Harvest-able Honey

Getting Sticks from Trees

Sledgehammer (Melee)

Pickaxe (Melee)

Pool Cue (Melee)

Crutch (Melee)

Sinlge Barreled Shotgun

,50 Cal Blackpowder Muzzleloader

Please, no bees or wasps (or any "hostile" bugs, for that matter). They would be essentially impossible to detect and only annoying. Also, I'm not sure you'd find that many deadly snakes in Chernarus.

Cassette tapes would be interesting, but MP3s are relatively pointless with radio music stations & simply using music from your computer. Salt should be a part of cooking (using it to preserve meat), I'm not sure what pepper or condiments would add to the game besides variety (This isn't Gordon Ramsay Simulator 2014).

Edited by Chaingunfighter

I'd say making a shelter from branches/vegetation/rocks from environment would be a nice add.

Tents also.

Camouflage is not really needed right now. There is plenty of options to hide in the bushes right now.

Adding weapons should be very careful and thoughtful process. They shouldn't just put all the weapons that each and every player finds fitting. I'd say fixing the weapon mechanics would be prior to adding any new weapons to game. Hunting rifles over sniper rifles, Assault rifles are fine as they are. AKMs, AKs, M4s are fine as you can see the presence of both Russian and US forces there.

Putting in more creatures won't make the game any better. Fixing the current ones and making them a threat will.

Adding a tend system to save part of your gear would be impossible for 2 reasons:

1. If you place a tent and i want to logout, might happens that your tent is nearby another one.

2. players won't play carefully anymore and they will throw themselves to the fight by bringing them basic stuffs

Instead in my opinion there's one important thing that should be add: Somehow of Karma System....

What does it means? This game is a survival horror simulator, but despite a movie or a real life, most of the people will kill on range even for stupid deaths and there are no consequences about it.

On real Life or movies people gonna think twice before killing somehow cause they have feelings. But as this is a game without any kind of stats or checking system people will react hostile most of the times.

So if you add an alignment that will depends on your actions, you might think twice of what you doing.....You might be a Lawful Good, a Neutral Good a Chaotic Good... a Lawful neutral a True Neutral a Chaotic neutral....a lawful evil a neutral Evil or a chaotic evil.

Do You give your beans to someone? You'll start become good

Do You donate your blood? You'll start to become good

Do you kill someone? houch you are going to be evil

Do you handcuff and steal blood? Houch you are going to be evil...

What do you think?

Crazy shit are even zombies lol, dont be a hypocrite and what can make you mutate like a zombie ? Are we talking now about "Zombie realism"

...huh, and here all this time I was under the misguided impression that other players were SUPPOSED to be the biggest threat...silly me.

The AEK-971 and AK-107 are too new and haven't spread around a lot (at least, not yet.) The AN-94 was supposed to be heavily used but was found to be too expensive and thus only sees selective use now. The AK-12 is still in the prototype phase. Half the guns on that page were only used in Russia, never saw major production (or any at all) or simply just aren't found anymore. 

Thanks for the lesson cpt. smartypants, you heard it bohemia, never ever add any guns that could be unrealistic in any possible way !

I don't get why some people think that anything Russian inherently fits because it's Russian, and anything that isn't Russian doesn't fit because it's not.

I dont get why some ppl think i suggested them because these are russian guns, but thanks again for your enlightenment.

Thanks for the lesson cpt. smartypants, you heard it bohemia, never ever add any guns that could be unrealistic in any possible way !

I dont get why some ppl think i suggested them because these are russian guns, but thanks again for your enlightenment.

I'm not saying they shouldn't add them (I like variety), but I'd rather them do more sensible weapons first.

No need to be hostile, I was just pointing that out. Hell, the AEK-971 and AK-107 aren't even terrible ideas (although I'd rather have an AK-105 over 107 since it's more common and has a shorter barrel than the confirmed AK-74M) but there are more sensible weapons they could do, some aren't Russian.

And my statement about Russian weapons was in general, not specifically you. There are plenty of people on here who do act like that.