CS14

Post Your Gear So Far

Stone cold stare while scratching my back with the hunting scope ^^

Just miss my fetish item, camo baseball hat which I haven't seen in ages. Is that still in the game ?

I've had 2 of those so far. On experimental. All of them worn. I'm going for a friendly look, so maybe people will forget about all the pistols and shit I'm carrying ^^ Not working so far, I still have to shoot everyone where it counts. On the back I have a CR527, scoped with 2 mags. I didn't have any more ammo, until I ran into an SKS guy, who "donated" his fully kitted SKS as well as 60 bullets. Life in Dayz can be so unfair, but he started shooting first. I really like these civilian weapons. More than good enough to defend yourself, and I'm not a bandit. I only shoot when I have to. 

2015-08-19_00007_zps0kebzfnc.jpg

I mainly wanted to post this, because I find it hilarious that you can attach a crafted suppressor to the Amphibia AND then you can put it into the holster, too! This thing is just unbelievably long now and you can't aim at shit with that bottle blocking the ironsight completely ^^

Strange enough the makeshift silencer is the only attachment that shows up on the starting screen. The CR75 is silenced too, but its attachments don't show. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

I mainly wanted to post this, because I find it hilarious that you can attach a crafted suppressor to the Amphibia AND then you can put it into the holster, too! This thing is just unbelievably long now and you can't aim at shit with that bottle blocking the ironsight completely ^^

Strange enough the makeshift silencer is the only attachment that shows up on the starting screen. The CR75 is silenced too, but its attachments don't show. 

That's hilarious indeed ^^ What about the sound and how many shots you can go with while using the improvised suppressor ?

That's hilarious indeed ^^ What about the sound and how many shots you can go with while using the improvised suppressor ?

I admit, even though I have a magazine for the Amphibia, I haven't fired a single show yet ^^ The game makes me so paranoid that I always fear someone will hear me. So I only shoot when I get into trouble with other survivors. And so far used only the CR75 and the rifles. I'm gonna try out the Amphibia. Also gonna post some screenshots of all the weapons I collected this patch. I must stop picking up CR75's. I have five already, but this weapons glitch was so extreme and I lost so many weapons at the start (on experimental) that I simply got used to taking everything I can. I started making camp right away, which now amounts to six barrels, 2 civilian tents, one car tent + truck and 6 or 7 backpacks; half of them crafted. I am a terrible hoarder in this game. Yesterday, I found a stash of dropped loot only 50 meters next to my main base where most of my barrels are. I've often seen people just walk past my place so close I could shoot their dick off. So far I was extremely lucky to not have lost anything. And I didn't build everything in the same place, either. But every day, I expect either a server restart and wipe or a camp raid to rid me of my precious gear. I was just really lucky so far, and I do like the barrels. Much easier to hide than tents! 

Pictures tomorrow, if I can get on the server. I'll also try shooting the Amphibia and check if it is superquiet now, it being a silenced pistol with an extra silencer ^^ 

Edited by S3V3N

Me and my trusty CR527. I've been holding on to this one for quite some time now. Awesome rifle. 

I usually leave it and the backpack stashed away when I go into dangerous zones. In the protective cases are a couple more handguns, magazines and ammo. I also crafted a nailed baseball-bat, but had no chance to try it out yet. 

2015-08-23_00008_zpsiixfsk38.jpg 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

0.58 so far ! 

1kp4rN.jpg

I haven't found an M4 since early 2014. Don't know where the hell they went.

Me and my trusty CR527. I've been holding on to this one for quite some time now. Awesome rifle. 

I usually leave it and the backpack stashed away when I go into dangerous zones. In the protective cases are a couple more handguns, magazines and ammo. I also crafted a nailed baseball-bat, but had no chance to try it out yet. 

2015-08-23_00008_zpsiixfsk38.jpg

This barrel of yours, does it stay permanently with your loot where ever you put it? Even after restarts?

This barrel of yours, does it stay permanently with your loot where ever you put it? Even after restarts?

It stays, according to changelog notes up to 45 days. You need one if you want to process leather or bleach/color clothing. They are a lot easier to hide than tents, of course. 

It stays, according to changelog notes up to 45 days. You need one if you want to process leather or bleach/color clothing. They are a lot easier to hide than tents, of course. 

Can I move a barrel? If yes, how?

Can I move a barrel? If yes, how?

Yes, just drag it into your hands.

2ep51dh.jpg

I finally discovered the possibilties of the plate carrier now that tac vests are harder to find:

dRSaTDQ.jpg

T26rA3G.jpg

• Like 5

So many pistols :) Newest addition - scoped FNX. What does the battery do you put into it? I can turn it on on the scope, but nothing happens. broken?

2015-09-08_00012_zpsvsh3kbln.jpg

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

So many pistols :) Newest addition - scoped FNX. What does the battery do you put into it? I can turn it on on the scope, but nothing happens. broken?

2015-09-08_00012_zpsvsh3kbln.jpg

It's not a scope but a red dot sight (no magnification, just an aiming device). If you turn it on you should see a red aiming spot. If you don't see it the sight is too damaged, your battery is damaged or low on voltage, or you didn't turn it on.

Edited by SAK
  • Like 2

It's not a scope but a red dot sight (no magnification, just an aiming device). If you turn it on you should see a red aiming spot. If you don't see it the sight is too damaged, your battery is damaged or low on voltage, or you didn't turn it on.

It's been bugged since 0.45 really. No matter if you have a pristine RDS (FNX RDS that is.) with a pristine, fully charged battery attached, it just don't work right now, and it's been that way for a while. It worked for only 3 patches before it was bugged...

Edit: Oh, and by the way, they will need to lower the zoom rate with that rds, as it zooms way too much currently. 

Edit 2: It seems the RDS for M4, MP5 or UMP always stays on, but the M68 optics now need a battery to properly work. Hoping the other battery powered optics get their fixes too.

2uzz6eo.jpg

21jq1is.jpg

Edit 3: Finally got the FNX RDS to work. Like I said, even with fully charged battery, and both the RDS and battery pristine, it didn't work. I had to place both items in my inventory, separated, change servers, place them on the ground, back in the inv. and tried it again. Worked.

3he7n.jpg

2m6adt4.jpg

Edited by Odin Lowe

Favorite character of 0.58 stable so far. Pretty common look I usually try to get, but I like it. "Hero" skin look-a-like. 

255nbwy.jpg

Details.

2i9m7w8.jpg

302v2o8.jpg

1z5kriw.jpg

Still looking for a hunting backpack to upgrade my inventory space and look.  B)

Edit: 1PP public.

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 4

Favorite character of 0.58 stable so far. Pretty common look I usually try to get, but I like it. "Hero" skin look-a-like. 

255nbwy.jpg

Details.

2i9m7w8.jpg

302v2o8.jpg

1z5kriw.jpg

Still looking for a hunting backpack to upgrade my inventory space and look.  B)

Edit: 1PP public.

I do love your fashion choice ;)

• Like 1