CS14

Post Your Gear So Far

I'll start..

DayZ2013-12-1620-34-54-70_zps4ac1d209.pn

Found a few more mags for the M4 and some other supplies after this was taken. Before this I had a moisan (or however you spell it) rifle with two sets of ammo. Also found a few other M4s, without ammo however.

• Like 3

Wait... you can find GEAR in DayZ? ... I'm not very good at DayZ. :(

• Like 4

Barracksnat ballota airfield :p server hop if you need to... I luckilyndidnt need to. Managed to rush in with a fire extinguisher to oneshot a guy who hadbl just killed another player in there. Both were loaded with items. Both had an m4a1

• Like 2

Im having real trouble finding anything really, yeah. Any advice? 

Uhm.. Look? In just under 2 hours I had 3 drinks, 4 food, a med box, M4 w/60 rounds, matches, handcuffs, a helmet, hoodie, tactical vest and a mask and I made it all the way to Vybor before I went unconscious. All alone to boot. And this was at night? Too easy so far, imo.

An axe.  

A hammer that I didn't know how to use and then desappeared. 

A pistol that I didn't know how to use and then disappeared.

A medkit that I don't know how to use. 

An IV start kit that I don't know how to use.  

A rotten banana that I don't know how to eat. 

Some rockin Aviators and a sweet Beanie hat. 

In summary,  I don't know how to work the inventory system but I like wearing sunglasses at night.  

• Like 14

kept finding nothing but junk, rotten fruit, books etc. then i found a payday wolf mask

never played payday

thought the idea of putting crazy clothing in dayz was stupid

but when i found that mask i felt like i had found something good, so i kept it, and wear it :D

2013-12-17_00015.jpg

2013-12-17_00017.jpg

IMO way too easy to find decent loot atm. That's with one trip to NW and a server time out.

BTW can someone try backpack-ception? It's possible to put a backpack full of loot inside another backpack, but can you keep doing this?

Edited by RandyD
  • Like 2

Started off thinking the masks were pretty lame. Then I found five of them in my first hour playing. Still lame when I can't find enough food to keep red fainting and dizzy warnings off my screen. Guess I have many choices to look 'cool' as I starve to death.

Found so far:

dallas mask, hoston mask maybe? didn't recognize the name, wolf mask, damaged dallas mask and damaged wolf mask

cooking pots

kitchen knife

firewood

matches

baseball bat

defibrilator

two batteries

three drinks

two food items

three warm hats

four baseball hats

three raincoats

two winter hunter pants

three shirts

two regular pants

two motorcycle helmets

multiple duct tape

hand cuffs

set of handcuff keys

pen

couple books or notes, not sure

12 shotgun shells

blood test kit(turns out my character has O+ blood just like I do in real life so that was cool)

backpack(12 slots I think)

other random things.

Most of those items I didn't bother to loot.

Found a couple food items, was starving and light headed so I ate one can of sardines, immediately said I was hungry again. Ate a Pristine Kiwi. Honestly not impressed at this point. Spawned and was thirsty 10 minutes in so I figured my character was stranded or lost and needed stuff quick. Logged off with red warnings about being dizzy, feeling faint and starving. Is there a certain amount of food and drink you need in your first two hours or do you just starve to death every couple hours?

• Like 1

Hello there

I#ve found a burlap sack, a tin of something edible and a spare battery.

Look on me with envy!

Rgds

LoK

• Like 10

I found a baseball bat, a can of Tuna, and a pink backpack. Currently dying of thirst as  I cant seem to find anything to drink.  :)

OH, and I found a couple bandages, which was a good thing because it seems the KOS mentality is alive and well   >:( 

At least they havent been able to find guns yet and a 2x4 to the head isnt immediately fatal.

First half hour around balota got me an m4 with about 5 mags, pistol holster with FN45 or whatever its called, payday mask, big hiking backpack, matches, drinks, food, and a bunch of other crap.

I agree that it's too easy to find decent loot, but meh, it's not that bad (and probably that way so we can test stuff out). It's nowhere near as easy as in the mod, which is a good thing. But, granted, there are only four or so ranged weapons in the game at the moment anyhow.

I've found 3 M4A1's, 2 RIS handguards, tactical shirt(s), UK chest rigs, FNX45, 20rd PMAG, bunch of ATLAS bipods, flashlight for my M4, MICH helmets, all that jazz.

Still only found 20 rounds of 5.56 though, haven't seen any more. Also never found any mags for my FNX. No optics (besides a broken PU scope) either.

I'm not sure if I'm cool with a few things... One, the fact that barracks are still the high-density loot centers that they were in the mod. Two, that they've now just added more barracks to the game (I've found a cluster of them near Kabanino/Dichina, as well as some at Balota). Dunno how that'll play out if they keep having them be super "high-end" loot spawns.

Edited by Katana67

Still only found 20 rounds of 5.56 though, haven't seen any more. Also never found any mags for my FNX. No optics (besides a broken PU scope) either.

I found like 3 different kinds of 5.56 mags right next to the m4 i found, then a couple more mags on a dead body. Probably have over 100 rounds already. Just means I'm gonna get killed as soon as I log back in.

I found an axe.

3 hours.

I found an axe.

I'll trade you the writing pen I found for it.  I feel naked without hatchet in this game.  :)

I found a can of soda while very thirsty (blurred vision), drank it, and passed out as soon as it touched my lips. Nice. And I was 2/3rds of the way to NWAF. I'm laying unconscious on the ground in the hopes I'll wake up.

• Like 1

I immediately ran straight north and came into a new military camp.

M4

Big Backpack

Two full mags

Sweet helmet

Combat Boots

Tactical Vest

Blood test kit

Blood bag

Med Kit

And a few other random things.

Then an hour later, I'm pretty sure I starved to death in the new Cherno apartments. There is very little loot in there at the moment.

Food and drink seem to be SCARCE. Oddly, I was very color coordinated.

NgOwayX.jpg 

• Like 8

So I know SA just released but I think there is a fair amount of us that have geared up well.

Here is the thread to show off your character and gear!

dayzsa1_zps4828b5af.jpg

dayzsa2_zpseb772ea2.jpg

• Like 1

221100_screenshots_2013-12-17_00003_zps2

It took quite some time, but i managed to get to the Airfield Northwest :)

(Theres a military camp at the north end of it, i havnt seen before)

• Like 2