Sign in to follow this  
xCAPx

Hyperthreating - Intel I7/Xeon

Will DayZ SA use HT on Intel-CPUs (I7/Xeon) in the future? Or is there no chance to implement that because of the engine? - thx :-)

It is a possiblity. This was stated by Dean at Rezzed in the video containing the roadmap for development.

• Like 1

It is a possiblity. This was stated by Dean at Rezzed in the video containing the roadmap for development.

Think I remember seeing him say that but it was for servers using multithreading and not for actual players.

Think I remember seeing him say that but it was for servers using multithreading and not for actual players.

Incorrect, Hyper-threading support will band across anyone or anything that uses a Central Processing Unit that has Hyper-threading.

Let's wait for them to optimise the RV Engine for multiple physical cores first.

I'm waiting for both proper multicore/hyperthreading support and crossfire/sli support but the latter one is probably going to take a while. I guess it's also easier optimizing the engine itself.

DayZ is still running 32 bit so it will take a while to have octocore support or multiple gpu support. Optimization has never been the best part of Arma/DayZ